Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Rate the Thread!
This poll is closed.
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
7 100.00%
Total: 7 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I loving hate you so much dude.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

guy who just took a nap during the 1969 live TV moon landing: oh that? yeah I saw like the first 5 mins. I dunno. how'd it go?

lol

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Sub-Actuality posted:

guy who just took a nap during the 1969 live TV moon landing: oh that? yeah I saw like the first 5 mins. I dunno. how'd it go?

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Bicyclops posted:

imagine nursing this kind of intense grudge for a decade and then doing the "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm trying to delete it" at the first sign of consequences

Hax is going to kill Leffen irl.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

In Training posted:

drat I never finished watching it.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I loving hate you so much dude.

Sub-Actuality posted:

lmfao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

In Training posted:

drat I never finished watching it.

gently caress you.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
I dunno why people like this poo poo but here's a reupload

https://youtu.be/xeUf6S_b-_U

people that thought the GameCube controller was a very ergonomic experience for all hand sizes; did you also think the N64 controller stick texture a gentle exfoliating experience in Mario party ?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
EVIL Gibson STAYS winning

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EVIL Gibson posted:

people that thought the GameCube controller was a very ergonomic experience for all hand sizes; did you also think the N64 controller stick texture a gentle exfoliating experience in Mario party ?

Holy poo poo.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

apparently there's a director's cut out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs8no4n_tlQ

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

It’s an hour shorter… what the gently caress

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It’s an hour shorter… what the gently caress

Yeah, but it's twice as damning.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1990-09-14-ca-73-story.html

quote:

Tonight’s premiere of “Maniac Mansion” is a show about a dream about a show about a show. Otherwise, it’s routine.

Uh, well, not entirely. It’s also TV’s first sitcom partially about a fly.

The fact that this half hour is appearing on The Family Channel--an extension of Pat Robertson’s conservative Christian Broadcasting Network--is almost as bizarre as the unreal series itself.

Debuting at 7 p.m., “Maniac Mansion” is a weekly visit with eccentric inventor/scientist Dr. Fred Edison (Joe Flaherty) and his family. There’s his wife, Casey (Deborah Theaker), and their three children, Ike (Avi Phillips), Tina (Kathleen Robertson) and Turner (George Buza), a 4-year-old with the hulking size of a 250-pound football lineman, thanks to one of Dr. Edison’s scientific mishaps. Another Edison mishap gave his brother-in-law Harry (John Hemphill) the body of a housefly, which complicates Harry’s marriage with Idella (Mary Charlotte Wilcox).
ADVERTISING

Like most dementia, “Maniac Mansion” and its shifting realities take getting used to. The opener--which the Edison family calls its 10th anniversary special--is strange, all right. It’s also slow and rarely funny, even though Flaherty does get to bring out his goofy grin from his SCTV days and also does impressions of former movie stars.

It’s next week’s second show that is sometimes a hoot, as tiny Harry (who retains his human head) has a brief fling with a female fly (“Look, she’s giving me the eyes”), much to the dismay of the jealous Idella. The resulting attempted murder of a fly is likely also a TV first.

That all of this (a family sitting around the breakfast table soberly discussing Harry’s romance with another fly) is underplayed with straight faces only enhances the exquisite absurdity.

Co-executive produced by Eugene Levy of SCTV fame, “Maniac Mansion” is from Lucasfilm Ltd. Television and is loosely based on a computer game it’s releasing this fall. It sure isn’t based on prime time.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

the intro song really captures the vibe of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njj-t-WNdag

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

waiting on the miniseries now

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

release the hax cut.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ron Gilbert briefly discussed this when he was on Retronauts.

Him and Gary were in an office below where the writers were writing this and occasionally would come down and tell him how it was going.

He said it just got progressively more funny to the point where one day he came in and found a post it note on his desk that just said "Nurse Edna is no longer called Edna"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

lol. i heard that wasnt bad

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

whoa lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Apparently it’s the best version of the game. Lol
https://youtu.be/bk4zK8KgvZM

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

EVIL Gibson posted:

lmao

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
leffen calls me "his stalker" and claims that I'm "stalking him"
this two and a half hour documentary will hopefully explain why that's bullshit and should be illegal

#1) he is a totalitarian. just ask hitler (sadly, the only person who agrees with me, for the moment, is adolf hitler. this is for reasons that will hopefully become clear)
#2) he is turning his twitter into a real life "death note" (which, I believe, should be illegal)
#3) he spoke out against several rapists and sexual predators in the smash community who later turned out to (coincidentally) be guilty. as we have seen from points 1 and 2, this is because he's a complete total psycho bastard
#4) he said he wanted to be able to remap the buttons on my custom smash bros controller, threatening my business and putting countless lives at risk
#5) for the past several years has lived a life as virtuous and noble as a knight of king arthur's court to fool people. rear end hole. fascist.
#6) took out a restraining order against me when I cornered him in the target parking lot regarding the negative energy coming out of the doll I made from his hair. I hate him. he is beauty and truth. I just want to hold him and keep him safe a nd snap his loving neck and be with him forever

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Cubone posted:

#1) he is a totalitarian. just ask hitler (sadly, the only person who agrees with me, for the moment, is adolf hitler. this is for reasons that will hopefully become clear)

lmfao

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Cubone posted:

this two and a half hour documentary will hopefully explain why that's bullshit and should be illegal

#2) he is turning his twitter into a real life "death note" (which, I believe, should be illegal)
#3) he spoke out against several rapists and sexual predators in the smash community who later turned out to (coincidentally) be guilty. as we have seen from points 1 and 2, this is because he's a complete total psycho bastard
#4) he said he wanted to be able to remap the buttons on my custom smash bros controller, threatening my business and putting countless lives at risk
#5) for the past several years has lived a life as virtuous and noble as a knight of king arthur's court to fool people. rear end hole. fascist.
#6) took out a restraining order against me when I cornered him in the target parking lot regarding the negative energy coming out of the doll I made from his hair. I hate him. he is beauty and truth. I just want to hold him and keep him safe a nd snap his loving neck and be with him forever

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

Cubone posted:

lmao

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I hate myself and watched the whole thing

I don't think I understand anything well enough, both dudes seem like tools and leffen marginally More so

What a dire video

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Cubone posted:

lmao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Jestery posted:

I hate myself and watched the whole thing

I don't think I understand anything well enough, both dudes seem like tools and leffen marginally More so

What a dire video

Yeah this guy should be held accountable for posts he made 10 years ago when he was like 14, I agree. lmfao gtfo

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Cubone posted:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Cubone posted:

lmfao

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah this guy should be held accountable for posts he made 10 years ago when he was like 14, I agree. lmfao gtfo

:shrug:
I have no concept of time with this and I'm coming in from nothing here, like yeah it's bias as hell and unnuanced, I'm sure not calling for anything. Strong pigs wrestling in mud energy

Just the whole situation left me being glad I'm not an in-depth member of a subculture and caring about "beef" or personas

Strong lol at the guy trying to be taken seriously and immediately invoking Hitler and using "dark triad" unironically

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Cubone posted:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jestery posted:

I have no concept of time with this and I'm coming in from nothing here, like yeah it's bias as hell and unnuanced, I'm sure not calling for anything. Strong pigs wrestling in mud energy

Just the whole situation left me being glad I'm not an in-depth member of a subculture and caring about "beef" or personas

Strong lol at the guy trying to be taken seriously and immediately invoking Hitler and using "dark triad" unironically

for sure my man.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Jestery posted:

You really expect anyone to read this.

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

Jestery posted:

cool post jestery, wanna bring it to the imp zone?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Cubone posted:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
It's easy to just put the blame on the tooth fairy killer when really if you listen to him he had to kill those families to awaken the red dragon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Apparently it’s the best version of the game. Lol
https://youtu.be/bk4zK8KgvZM

“gamers around the world sang the praises of John Romero’s daikatana” lmao

this actually does look surprisingly good