Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It sucks how I’m going to buy a loving xbox for bethesda games hhahagagsvsisgsuwjenso

Not gonna miss TES ever and Starfield seems cool though teasers never really do much for me. Gameplay plz.

I said come in! posted:

I'm getting it for sure, but first want to finish the previous game.

Probably a good plan. I haven’t really looked into if this one stands on its own or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Woo, Rats of Us 2

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Kilometers Davis posted:

Stop making me want to play my first Ratchet & Clank game I don’t need to keep hemorrhaging money into my PS5 lmao gently caress mates

uh, bruh, why did you buy a PS5 if not to play PS5 games... like... its the best looking game ever and it's really fun

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey Hades is coming to PS5, dope

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I mean I looked it up and ratchet 2016 got a nice ps5 update and its free on the psn plus collection.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Policenaut posted:

Hey Hades is coming to PS5, dope

I'm hype

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Bust Rodd posted:

uh, bruh, why did you buy a PS5 if not to play PS5 games... like... its the best looking game ever and it's really fun
People have budgets, don't guilt people for not wanting to spend money

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Starfield looks like every generic space game ever. Thanks for making me not care at all Bethesda

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Arist posted:

Okay, I was having a lot of fun with the Yuffie DLC for FFVIIR but what I'm assuming is the final boss is just bullshit. What the hell am I supposed to do about Nero's Soul Erosion? It's just complete trash that the boss can decide at any point to one-shot one of you and the game gives you no indication of how to avoid it. I just died at like 1% HP remaining on maybe my eighth or ninth try (which is eight or nine times I had to watch the unskippable forty-five second cutscenes that break up the phases) because he used it twice in a row.

Brumal Dodge?

The attack is also interruptable if you do enough damage in the cast window

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Escobarbarian posted:

Starfield looks like every generic space game ever. Thanks for making me not care at all Bethesda

I already didn’t give a poo poo about Bethesda and Starfield certainly won’t change my mind since it will just be Fallout or ES in space.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Human Crouton posted:

Can someone answer a question about Ratchet and Clank? I've only ever played the 2016 game, and I hear people really don't like that one, so it may not be a good indicator of how fun the series is.

I found that I would have liked it enough except that I kept running out of ammo, and it was getting really annoying switching between 16 weapons constantly. Had I been able to make my four weapons mapped to my quick access buttons last more than 5 shots, and let me actually enjoy the flow instead of going into a menu every minutes, I probably would have enjoyed the game.

Is this experience typical of a R&C game, or is what I described the reason that nobody liked the 2016 version?

From several pages back but that game had a gadget wheel. There were the four quick access buttons on the d-pad but Triangle opened a wheel pause the action and allow you access to most if not all weapons.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Escobarbarian posted:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

On the other hand that Guardian of the Galaxy game looks like it could actually be fun who knows

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

New platinum game looks bad

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Okay that final fantasy team ninja game looks dumb af. That va is so bad lol

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I'm here to mourn the tragic loss of Babylon's Fall. The Live Service complex claims another one.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the team ninja thing though, it looks like it will be the entertaining kind of corny and probably decently fun to play, plus we've just tragically lost a Platinum game so it's nice to see a new actioner step in to fill the void so quickly.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Escobarbarian posted:

Yeah idgaf at all anymore just want elder scroll in 2031 now

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Akuma posted:

People have budgets, don't guilt people for not wanting to spend money

:love: it’s all good no worries, just money I’d probably otherwise dump at unnecessary music gear or something

Bust Rodd posted:

The screens I’ve seen look sooo nice and when people start talking about good gamefeel and little details in games I start feeling the itch.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
there was nothing in the square conference :negative:

do not give up hope!

the sony state of play is yet to hit... :pray:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Vikar Jerome posted:

there was nothing in the square conference :negative:

do not give up hope!

the sony state of play is yet to hit... :pray:

lol you are going to be waiting awhile.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I finished last of us. Goodness. Got some thoughts. Will type them tomorrow I think :)

Left behind dlc on Tuesday and then if I do well at that (better than my bad play near the end this evening!) I will be starting The Last of Us II on Friday!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Rad Valtar posted:

lol you are going to be waiting awhile.

this is a no negative or reality based thread.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I can't wait for final fantasy origin. lmao I love that corny poo poo

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I can't wait for final fantasy origin. lmao I love that corny poo poo

i will also kill chaos

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Chaos

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
CHAOS

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i am going to kill chaos if it's the last thing I ever do

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
According to the japanese twitter account of FF Origin, the demo will be available 6am japan time.

That's in 6 minutes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Devil May Final Fantasy.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Vikar Jerome posted:

this is a no negative or reality based thread.

Sorry, it will happen tomorrow then.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

DEMO IS UP

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-PPSA03657_00-SOPFFORIGINTRIAL

11 gigs

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Please report in with Chaos Stranger Tides: A Chaos Walks At Midnight: A Final Fantasy Story: Origin impresions

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I'm uh... probably gonna wait and redownload this later today, everyone seems to be having this issue

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I'm uh... probably gonna wait and redownload this later today, everyone seems to be having this issue

I'm getting that issue as well

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/aitaikimochi/status/1404178994631561219?s=21

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

he's fair, and he's true, and he's boring as hell

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the legacy of asura's wrath lives on

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I mean if I wanted to look at angry men, I could just go to the Facebook page of any well known woman politician.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
https://twitter.com/KazHiraiCEO/status/1404187903476092948?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Anybody got a recommendation for something along the lines of Hades, Slay The Spire, Diablo 3, MTG: Arena? Thinking grindy, mechanically interesting timesucks that are pretty plot light and pick-up-and-play.

Shooters not really preferred, tried both Warframe and that F2P Diablo riff and they were too complex at this point