Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

they don't want to give tooltip guy too much power, he already makes disasters with what little strength he has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I thought it was ~rpg bs~ reasons

Orv
May 4, 2011
Never trust the bars.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Orv posted:

Never trust the bars.

Yeah, Xanax comes in Fentanyl flavors now

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Does the current season catalyst boost work on previous season exotic catalysts quests? I played zero pvp for a real long time and then yesterday while getting my rear end handed to me in Iron Banner the Ticuu quest got to the second step.

Also if I have no chance of actually winning or really being able to help a team because I’m really bad, should I be playing regular IB or freelance?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

OzFactor posted:

Does the current season catalyst boost work on previous season exotic catalysts quests? I played zero pvp for a real long time and then yesterday while getting my rear end handed to me in Iron Banner the Ticuu quest got to the second step.

Also if I have no chance of actually winning or really being able to help a team because I’m really bad, should I be playing regular IB or freelance?

No, but a hipfire followed by a full draw will kill from the explosion so that one isn't so bad. Or wait for MoCo to come back.

I find I do markedly better in IB than regular crucible, presumably because people like us are playing. Don't worry about winning or contributing, everyone is just grinding bounties / they'd have a full stack or be playing trials if they wanted to be serious. Winning in a pub match is just a tossup.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

No, but a hipfire followed by a full draw will kill from the explosion so that one isn't so bad. Or wait for MoCo to come back.

I find I do markedly better in IB than regular crucible, presumably because people like us are playing. Don't worry about winning or contributing, everyone is just grinding bounties / they'd have a full stack or be playing trials if they wanted to be serious. Winning in a pub match is just a tossup.

While playing solo I win more in the Solo playlist but the games all go to the end score. Even though I lose more in the other playlist which allows grouping the matches are much faster which unfortunately is all that matters for drops.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Wow. I don't know how I didn't make this connection about this season before (spoilers?):

We see Quira in the first mission of this season which means this whole simulation/transformation/takeover is Quira's doing.

Quira is the "pet" of Savathun which means this whole season is literally part of Savathun's plan. Savathun isn't coming, she is already here loving with everyone to turn on each other. And it is working beautifully.

Lore and story of this game are so much fun! This season has been probably the most interesting one to date, I've legit been looking forward to each Tuesday for the update.

Also in case some of you missed it, Bungie is "listening" when it comes to overhauling exotics: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/nu67tw/can_we_get_an_underperforming_exotic_overhaul/

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Ada finally brought Protective Light today. I can consider soloing things now.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Mesadoram posted:

Wow. I don't know how I didn't make this connection about this season before (spoilers?):

We see Quira in the first mission of this season which means this whole simulation/transformation/takeover is Quira's doing.

Quira is the "pet" of Savathun which means this whole season is literally part of Savathun's plan. Savathun isn't coming, she is already here loving with everyone to turn on each other. And it is working beautifully.

Lore and story of this game are so much fun! This season has been probably the most interesting one to date, I've legit been looking forward to each Tuesday for the update.

Also in case some of you missed it, Bungie is "listening" when it comes to overhauling exotics: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/nu67tw/can_we_get_an_underperforming_exotic_overhaul/

Oh.. oh man. If you think you know what the intentions of the Scheme-Mother are and who she might be working with, just you wait!

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Astrochicken posted:

Oh.. oh man. If you think you know what the intentions of the Scheme-Mother are and who she might be working with, just you wait!

It's nothing. It's always been nothing.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Panderfringe posted:

It's nothing. It's always been nothing.

much like your posting

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

OzFactor posted:

Whichever you find easiest. Nobody except the try-hards really care about winning in IB, they're all there to do the quest/bounties. (Well, apart from one of the bounties going faster if you win, but that won't be the slowest one anyway - it's usually the ability kills one that lags behind).

Some people say they find regular IB easier, perhaps because you might find a coordinated clan team you can follow around and glom kills from. I've not really moticed a difference myself, but I usually play freelance.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Hrm should I play the mode that’s hard to find with that little dot down in the corner and contains people who are actively avoiding fireteams because they want to win...

Or the giant IB banner themed button that figuratively smacks me in face and contains multitudes of dads and 85 IQ PvE players, and very occasionally a 6 stack of 2.5kd slayers

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

very occasionally a 6 stack of 2.5kd slayers

I think you mean exclusively. I was getting matched with the same sweaty 6stack every game last night until I alt-f4'd.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Kesper North posted:

I think you mean exclusively. I was getting matched with the same sweaty 6stack every game last night until I alt-f4'd.

Either they were mercying you and it should have broken up the lobby or they weren’t and so not that sweaty. Bungie made it so you can’t take the mercy system any more so not sure what to tell ya

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kesper North posted:

I think you get more of that early in the week, and it gets easier later. I was getting mostly 1.0 efficiency scores on Wednesday, then mostly 2.0 yesterday.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

A Buffer Gay Dude posted:

Either they were mercying you and it should have broken up the lobby or they weren’t and so not that sweaty. Bungie made it so you can’t take the mercy system any more so not sure what to tell ya

nah even if it breaks up the teams it'll very often match you up again

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Kith posted:

they don't want to give tooltip guy too much power, he already makes disasters with what little strength he has

The legend: https://twitter.com/BungieHelp/status/1184217834965987328

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Mazerunner posted:

Neh, that's just a matter of who's on near you. Not enough other good connections to generate a brand new match.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Everyone who works on the destiny UI should be fired into the sun. Easily the worst by every metric.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Majere posted:

Everyone who works on the destiny UI should be fired into the sun. Easily the worst by every metric.

It's not great but that seems a little extreme. There are plenty that was far worse:

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Majere posted:

lol

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
I've spent more money trying to improve the load times in Destiny's menus than I have on the game itself.

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Mazerunner posted:

Iron banner let’s you see the lobby while it’s populating :ssh:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I used Behemoth in pvp last night for the first time since the nerf

Holy cow lol

You're better off not using your super

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

My friend really wants a firefly hung jury so we farmed it last night on 1340. He doesn't usually do high-level stuff. I got 5 drops, the random got 2, and he got none. He's already on the brink of quitting and this really didn't help. As we went on I could feel how miserable he was. Just a bad system. I can blame it on the nightfall being annoying but that shouldn't matter. Really want to get him a run through VoG but his motivation to do raids was already low and idk what it's at now.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Paracelsus posted:

I've spent more money trying to improve the load times in Destiny's menus than I have on the game itself.

Didn't know you could spend months on installing an SSD tbh

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Majere posted:

Uh. I disagree tbh. Last time I played was december 2019 and the UI has improved leaps and bounds since then. Everything in the character loadout/character customization area is really impressive for how many moving pieces/parts there are to this game. The only complaint I have is I wish there was a faster way to access quests tab (although the quick view column from bringing up your ghost is really much better now), and that the shader selection menu wasn’t such a jumbled mess. If they added sorting or “favorites” to the shaders and quests I think they’d have a 9/10 greatness UI here. The UI navigates/organizes/conceptualizes about 200 things going on at once. If you disagree that’s fine but I wonder how you’d do it better.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Blind Rasputin posted:

The only complaint I have is I wish there was a faster way to access quests tab
You can keybind it on pc

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
there's one minor annoyance I have, where sometimes you left click to enter a submenu, sometimes you right click. Or maybe sometimes it's some other keyboard button.

like, it's left click to look at the weekly season challenges, but literally just below, it's right click to look at the splicer gauntlet. I'm sure it makes sense to Bungie's back end (ie sub menu vs item?) but still

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Mesadoram posted:

It's not great but that seems a little extreme. There are plenty that was far worse:

you are like little baby, watch this:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Mazerunner posted:

like, it's left click to look at the weekly season challenges, but literally just below, it's right click to look at the splicer gauntlet. I'm sure it makes sense to Bungie's back end (ie sub menu vs item?) but still
Historically it makes more sense on console since it's x to use a UI box, or ∆ to preview the details. The idea being that you press x to open the container and ∆ to view the contents or details.

Unfortunately as you say, it's entirely random which code set they use, so you have some UI elements like the lost light terminal where it's x, and some like the umbral decoder where it's ∆ and there's no x functionality at all.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Sestze posted:

you are like little baby, watch this:

Deep down we all know what the real king of bad UI is:

Edit:

Really fantastic orange/black combo up

Double Edit:

:ohdear:

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 15, 2021

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

The text during this expunge is great. It's like the difficulty meter in Risk of Rain 2

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I am kind of enjoying the story stuff for the last few seasons. Even though it's just small weekly drop, it kinda works.

Mesadoram posted:

Deep down we all know what the real king of bad UI is:

Custom UI is cheating.

Destiny 2 would both be better and worse with custom UI.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Don't know what everyone is complaining about, UI is fine

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I got curious about the blue gambit mote and picked it up. Corroded Key? Do they go to your Postmaster if you miss them?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yes. Just got one in mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Oxyclean posted:

Custom UI is cheating.

Destiny 2 would both be better and worse with custom UI.

True, but still hilarious :unsmith:.

Weird to think that is the "optimal" layout for raiding.

So what grenade do you all like to use for top tree void warlock? The cluster and seeker ones don't seem to do as much damage as the other one.