Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Geemer posted:

Wasn't it the really dumb watchdogs thing?

Yes, Watch Dogs 2. In which Ubisoft’s site/Uplay couldn’t keep up with the traffic even before the start of the stream. It was such an obvious server explosion I think no one watched the entirety of that with their full attention just to get a free game.

Why would you? Isn’t the whole point of this thread to just be notified when free poo poo is available on a platter? :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Skwirl posted:

It's honestly a weirder and funnier pathetic post than the guy mad that you need to give Epic Games an email address.

It scratches a weird spot in my brain. I think Ubisoft or Rockstar had a giveaway or something where you were supposed to watch a stream, but then their servers crashed. Maybe that's what they're talking about.

1) it was a guy mad at giving humble your email I literally on the last page posted the quote

2) yeah it was Ubisoft for watch dogs 2 which hasn't been mentioned since it happened so I'm not sure why that guy thinks we're salty

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/...utm_medium=link

Surviving Mars is free. Can't vouch for the quality but it's not bad, apparently.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I've seen plenty of people enjoy it if you like such games.

Baby Proof
May 16, 2009

Reminder that the Humble give-aways are not just a one-click affair. After you request the game, you need to actually redeem it to get the Steam key - the offer will expire after a while (maybe a month?).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The redemption deadline is June 18th. Redeem it immediately so yo don't forget.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
lol keep on postin about how "not salty" you are and how it just doesn't bother you. sorry you lost 2 hours of your life watchin that dumb vid for a "free" game.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Get a new gimmick, this one sucks.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The only people who are salty in this thread are the people who keep digging up old quotes about how owned someone was.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

lol keep on postin about how "not salty" you are and how it just doesn't bother you. sorry you lost 2 hours of your life watchin that dumb vid for a "free" game.

seriously dude nobody remembers you and wouldn't have even remembered that the giveaway happened until you decided to post about it again. there's no pretending in it, it just didn't matter to anyone but you in the long run

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wait, did that ubisoft stream thing happen a year ago? what a strange thing to be mad about a year later.

well, congratulations. you've moved on from completely forgettable to somewhat unsettling.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I've wasted 2+ hours on dumber things than watching an ubisoft promo thingie for a free video game. Like 95% of my time on this forum as an example.

The free video games thread probably isn't the best place to look for people that are pinnacles of time management.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I've wasted 2+ hours on dumber things than watching an ubisoft promo thingie for a free video game. Like 95% of my time on this forum as an example.

:butts:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
this is the best worst funniest thread on these forums

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Oh my god, I can't believe I have to sign up for an account on another loving platform to collect more free games from. Nobody wants this. I want all my free games to be in one place. This is capitalism run amok!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

ilitarist posted:

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/...utm_medium=link

Surviving Mars is free. Can't vouch for the quality but it's not bad, apparently.

Good loving deal. Got a steam key and everything.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
fyi, surviving mars was previously an epic freebie

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Rinkles posted:

fyi, surviving mars was previously an epic freebie

You don't really own a game until you have it on Steam, Epic, and Amazon.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

lol that’s definitely what’s happening. Good job.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Bottom Liner posted:

this is the best worst funniest thread on these forums

you havent been to qcs i see

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

I didn't watch the stream OR get the game. Checkmatheist. :smugdog:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I'm extremely salty, about everything

just constantly butthurt every waking moment

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

im going to watch a 2 hour video right now

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

cuntman.net posted:

If you're salty about watching it you can complain her.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

my friends, we come to this thread in search of free games, not weird circular arguments. please don't make me get out the probation button.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
I did this thread a favor. Anywho...here are some free steam codes

KTYEE-D7AE7
Voyage: Journey to the Moon
-PN5C0

DPER8-XIBM7
Automachef
-L8MWX

LHE3C-EA03B
King Oddball
-64XZR

AFMKH-XC9IJ
Overcooked 2
-TN5FJ

DFLC9-3MKER
3DRPG
-YQ5D8

I4EM9-CM6LE
Tropico 4
-I29I7

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

B-1.1.7 Bomber posted:

I did this thread a favor. Anywho...here are some free steam codes

I4EM9-CM6LE
Tropico 4
-I29I7

I nabbed this one, tyvm!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Titan Souls is free on Steam for the next few days

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

cuntman.net posted:

is it about vaccines

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

It's an enjoyable game. I got about 8 hours out of a few playthroughs. It's just a series of bosses. Almost every one can be beaten in one hit (to the weak point), but with very specific timing. There's a surprisingly large amount of variation between them.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

Zesty posted:

It's an enjoyable game. I got about 8 hours out of a few playthroughs. It's just a series of bosses. Almost every one can be beaten in one hit (to the weak point), but with very specific timing. There's a surprisingly large amount of variation between them.

I'll just note, this is NOT a keyboard-friendly game. You really want a controller for this one.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
It's a super fun game, and the way the music instantly cuts from a dramatic boss battle track to silence on death is inexplicably hilarious.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Hellpoint an actual RPG-looking RPG (edit - ah, a "Souls-like", that makes sense) that came out last year (!) but I've never heard about is free on GoG.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Xander77 posted:

Hellpoint an actual RPG-looking RPG (edit - ah, a "Souls-like", that makes sense) that came out last year (!) but I've never heard about is free on GoG.

I've been playing it with my son. It's a souls-like with local coop! We've been enjoying it.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Xander77 posted:

It's a sci-fi souls-lite experience. It's really good on the exploration and level design front. I wish it got a few more patches but it was a solid-game when I bought it new. Definitely recommend if anyone likes souls games and weird poo poo. I mean it's free.

JammyB
May 23, 2001

I slept with Mary and Joseph never found out
Hope this won't offend since it's not properly free, but Orcs Must Die 2 is free to play until 21st June and you can probably finish the single player in under 8 hours, if that's your thing. Not a bad game but was glad it wasn't longer than that.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

JammyB posted:

Hope this won't offend since it's not properly free, but Orcs Must Die 2 is free to play until 21st June and you can probably finish the single player in under 8 hours, if that's your thing. Not a bad game but was glad it wasn't longer than that.
OMD2 is pretty great (and has co-op). Shame OMD3 never came out haha original and fresh joke was such a terrible mess.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Xander77 posted:

OMD2 is pretty great (and has co-op). Shame OMD3 never came out haha original and fresh joke was such a terrible mess.

OMD2 is gridman and riza hawkeye murder infinitely: the game

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Coolguye posted:

OMD2 is gridman and riza hawkeye murder infinitely: the game
Yeah... yeah, it's definitely that thing you said. Makes perfect sense.

Ah, there's an actual OMD3 coming out. Which is why 2 is free to play at the moment. Wishlisted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Xander77 posted:

Yeah... yeah, it's definitely that thing you said. Makes perfect sense.

Ah, there's an actual OMD3 coming out. Which is why 2 is free to play at the moment. Wishlisted.

the war mage is voiced by the guy who did gridman in the associated giant robot punchy show and the sorceress is voiced by riza hawkeye of fullmetal alchemist fame

and their performances are close enough that you can detect both characters when they're both in full taunt mode