Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

is this Kirby and Larry David's lovechild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

is this Kirby and Larry David's lovechild?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Big good Miyazaki Elden Ring interview https://www.ign.com/articles/elden-ring-miyazaki-hidetaka-full-interview-summer-of-gaming

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I am almost certain you are speaking about The Witcher 3 here but I'm going to naively assume you are talking about Warcraft 3 since I started the campaign of that last night and its a good hit of nostalgia

I really should go back and do the Witcher 3 DLC though

Hahahaha I couldn't remember why I always kept typing it out.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

And another https://www.resetera.com/threads/new-elden-ring-interviews-with-hidetaka-miyazaki-fromsofts-largest-most-free-form-map.442033/post-67360894

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I wonder how long an emergency recertification for the PSN store takes, or if the problem with the demo was something super big lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Those Elden Ring interviews are just LOTS & LOTS of good news Holy mackerel! Thats a lot of information all of a sudden!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Bust Rodd posted:

Video Games: I would like to respond to one of your thoughts about Ellie and the fireflies asking for consent, this is something that I think people bring up a lot in regards to the ending without actually thinking about it.

Ellie cannot“consent” to assisted suicide at 14 years old. I don’t care if the Fireflies throw her a big party with cake and ice cream and sit her down and ask reaaaaaaaaaaal nice!

People think that the ending would be different if Ellie had been given “agency” in her own decision about the surgery, but… like that’s an impossible question to ask an adult whose lives their life and has real context for what that means. Ellie is an emotionally damaged and abandoned young woman with trust issues and survivor’s guilt, there is absolutely no way she is equipped to make that decision. There is no agency to be had, there is only the illusion of consent.

This also assumes that if Ellie just says “no” they’d be like “… all right fine, Ellie, that’s your choice, we respect that…” which, let’s be honest, just wouldn’t ever happen within the world of TLOU.

Agree.

Escobarbarian posted:

We need an evil Kirby av to represent Veeg’s recent lust for blood and murder

Shotguns a man's leg off: "sorry!"

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Rad Valtar posted:

I just bought Sekiro. I have only finished Demon Souls and just decided to pick Bloodborne back up and one shot the Shadows which is where I left off.

Sekiro is probably the hardest Fromsoft game imo since there is very few ways to cheese bosses. But the combat is some of the best and imo it has the best bosses out of any Fromsoft game but Bloodborne/DS1 are close.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

:eyepop:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

So this is what Homeworld thinks of fusion!

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm shaking hands w/ all the arms. Nice to meet you. Nice to meet you. etc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ulio posted:

Sekiro is probably the hardest Fromsoft game imo since there is very few ways to cheese bosses. But the combat is some of the best and imo it has the best bosses out of any Fromsoft game but Bloodborne/DS1 are close.

The bosses are all highly cheesable and i beat the game without ever learning to play right

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

"(laughs) Yes, there will be a poisonous swamp in Elden Ring too! Perhaps this is some kind of my injury! (laughs) I don't know! Something makes me put poisonous swamps everywhere! Maybe something in the subconscious. Good question, I somehow didn't even think about it."

Lmao

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Gonna get Elden Ring and play it before release date so Miyazaki can invade me with max-level black phantoms

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hank Hill saying "bwuhh, elden ring"

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

The bosses are all highly cheesable and i beat the game without ever learning to play right

Did you search for which abilities to cheese them with? I am meant just playing the game blind there is not much cheese. Souls games are incredibly straight forward for every boss fight just run at their back. You can't really do that in Sekiro.

Also cheesing is lame imo you miss out on the actual fun of the game especially in Sekiro. Atleast in Souls cheesing or co op makes more sense since you can have a garbage build for certain bosses.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Lady Butterfly and the Flaming Bull are the only bosses whose "cheese" is pretty obvious, I can't think of how cheesing the Monkey or Corrupted Monk or Spirit Dragon would be any easier than just doing the fights normally and parrying appropriately.

...unless by cheese you mean "using shinobi tools" because that's just using the silver-bullet game mechanics that the devs put into the game, which I would not count as cheese.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
I think by "cheese" they mean "watched someone else play"

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Corrupted Monk is vulnerable to snap seeds, which is pretty drat funny to be honest. There’s also the phase two instakill for True Monk (RIP phase one kill that got patched out).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Limited Run Games announced a bunch of stuff coming to PS4/PS5 but this takes the cake.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1404536881841332228

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ulio posted:

Did you search for which abilities to cheese them with? I am meant just playing the game blind there is not much cheese. Souls games are incredibly straight forward for every boss fight just run at their back. You can't really do that in Sekiro.

Also cheesing is lame imo you miss out on the actual fun of the game especially in Sekiro. Atleast in Souls cheesing or co op makes more sense since you can have a garbage build for certain bosses.

I read some tips for bosses that werent obvious but the game is only play tested for taking it seriously and theres all sorts of lovely geometry to stick a boss like the monk on or simple strings of attacks that stagger the bosses like butterfly or items that truvialize them like the ape or even easy no effort skips like fore the horse back guy and bull.

To your second point, suck my dick

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006
I don't post here much but I just want to say that I'm very much looking forward to your playthrough of TLoU2 Videogames. It gets a lot of flak but for me it's far and away the best single player narrative focused game ever made. By a considerable amount. Hope you enjoy, I'd love to be able to play it again with no knowledge of the storyline!

Finally almost done with Persona 5 Royal, and as much as i love the game, man it's long. 110 hours and I've just started the new semester. It's quite an intriguing start, looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I did find the stat and confidant system a bit weird compared to vanilla P5; I maxed out all stats by around early November, and all possible confidants by early December. Had quite a few days of just going to the temple and the jazz club. I didn't really min max or anything, apart from using the fortune teller when needed. Still, great game, and can't wait for whatever they do next.

HampHamp
Oct 30, 2006

Real hurthling! posted:

I read some tips for bosses that werent obvious but the game is only play tested for taking it seriously and theres all sorts of lovely geometry to stick a boss like the monk on or simple strings of attacks that stagger the bosses like butterfly or items that truvialize them like the ape or even easy no effort skips like fore the horse back guy and bull.

I mean can't the same be said for most games? Those tricks and stuff aren't super easy to find, and I'd argue that some of them aren't even that easy to actually accomplish (bull skip etc). And unless you're speedrunning, I'm not sure why you wouldn't just want to play with the combat system as designed, it's a lot of fun!

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

Bust Rodd posted:

Lady Butterfly and the Flaming Bull are the only bosses whose "cheese" is pretty obvious, I can't think of how cheesing the Monkey or Corrupted Monk or Spirit Dragon would be any easier than just doing the fights normally and parrying appropriately.

...unless by cheese you mean "using shinobi tools" because that's just using the silver-bullet game mechanics that the devs put into the game, which I would not count as cheese.

I don't know, this feels cheesy, and I posted this video just because I knew mortal draw hosed him up but I was surprised by how easily it does combined with yashariku's sugar (but you have to know the second phase I guess) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWoZ2YfFuVc

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

I do agree that you can finish Sekiro without really learning to play it properly, because I also did that. I didn't really understand all the mechanics until quite a ways into NG+...

Edit: I don't think I ever "cheesed" anything tho. My friend used the DoH cheese and kind of regretted it. He also used the old true monk cheese. My friend was very cheesy, and his successful run at beating the final boss took 20 minutes because he spent the whole time running away and getting single hits in. He absolutely never learned to play it properly.

Akuma fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Jun 14, 2021

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

The philosophy behind Elden Ring is kind of hilarious, because Miyazaki kept making tweaks to their formula/games to stop players being able to use crutches and, frankly, took away a lot of customisation and player expression and choice in how you play the game, with Sekiro being the ultimate expression of that with no armor, one sword, more or less one play style... and now Elden Ring is all "we made a huge thing that you can tackle however you want in whatever way you want, gently caress it."

Super glad that jumping and stealth survived the merger of Sekiro and Dark Souls, that's gonna be rad.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Akuma posted:

The philosophy behind Elden Ring is kind of hilarious, because Miyazaki kept making tweaks to their formula/games to stop players being able to use crutches and, frankly, took away a lot of customisation and player expression and choice in how you play the game, with Sekiro being the ultimate expression of that with no armor, one sword, more or less one play style... and now Elden Ring is all "we made a huge thing that you can tackle however you want in whatever way you want, gently caress it."

Super glad that jumping and stealth survived the merger of Sekiro and Dark Souls, that's gonna be rad.

I didn’t see it as a mistake, more like ok we are making games at both extreme ends of the customization spectrum. I do think Sekiro has the best combat of any FROM game by far

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
https://twitter.com/twibbit/status/1404539593966374912?s=19

Photo mode is good

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ratchet and Clank is real good, as a dude who's played every "real" mainline entry (so none of the weird spinoffs that don't actually play like a Ratchet game). Only a couple hours in but this is already a contender for best one along with Crack in Time.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Is Chaos Game fixed yet cmon square i wanna play CHAOS

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Sorry if I’ve missed it but was there an announced state of play? Is playstation totally out of e3 this year?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

No. Yes (the event known as e3)

Expect them to announce something this summer. They did it really late last year like july

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Yeah I'd just assume late July like last time. Let the dust settle from relentless "best deal in gaming" press then show off some video games.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Aw. Like I get it. But e3 is fun/stupid

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’ve watched most of the E3 presentations with or without commentary and the Xbox presentation has been, by far, the most interesting presentation, because it was just 30 games, several of which looked cool to play.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Xbox stays winning

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I cheeses the second face of the ape fight by just running away when it got swingy. Took me a few deaths before I finally got it down.

Then I murdered the dual apes in one try. No idea.

Never used the sinobi stuff, too paranoid about running out of the ammo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay finished Ratchet & Clank (2016), purchased Rift Apart right after, so will start on that tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rift Apart is good so far. I hear it's not that long but that's fine, I could use an "easy win"