Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 243 days!

Horrorosaurus posted:

You're playing minnd games with me but I am resilient

whoever bought those avatars for people was a masterful troll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

WEH posted:

I do not assume your gender, but *returns u and ur vessel to the sea*

Hmm definitely over 18 but not by too much, come join us on a journey to the inland. *hours later* fine if that's how you roll here's some bread and water, now climb in to that thing of yours and we'll send you on your way.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

This was in like 1805 too. They knew about long-term sailing vessels and had diplomatic contact with countries in Europe and poo poo. It wasn’t like they were a bunch of feudal assholes believing in ghosts. They could have figured out where she came from if there was some kernel of a real incident where a white lady washed up in a lifeboat and tried talking to them in French or something.

It can't be that hard to send word to someone who could investigate further if they themselves were unable to. I could believe that truly happened I just wonder why they would even allow some young person to continue drifting to who knows where unless they were somehow convinced that she was definitely able to fare.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

whoever bought those avatars for people was a masterful troll

It was originally the av of regular Trump thread poster Buddykins. Why I got it i don't know, only made a couple of posts there during the whole 4-5 year fiasco.

I like it though so I'm fine with it. Wonder where it's from?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

Horrorosaurus posted:

It was originally the av of regular Trump thread poster Buddykins. Why I got it i don't know, only made a couple of posts there during the whole 4-5 year fiasco.

I like it though so I'm fine with it. Wonder where it's from?

it's amber heard, not sure what movie

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Horrorosaurus I am absolutely positive you speak english better than I can speak whatever your first language is but I also think you are missing jokes because english is not your first language

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Delta-Wye posted:

[UFOs] This thread has a close working relationship with the military

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

English is bullshit, I'm not looking down on you, it just might be why we keep talking past each other

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Horrorosaurus posted:

I'm not claiming to be any more intelligent than others here, I just have a natural need to filter out stuff that I feel is over the top.
Your Horrorosaurus, it's all true: My male incompetence, the Zeta's cat-like reflexes, the stuff that made no sense, all of it.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

[UFOs] This thread is dedicated to the brave counterintelligence agents of America

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
Does anyone remember that GBS thread from I want to say like 2008 with all kinds of unexplained paranormal poo poo from history?

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

WEH posted:

Horrorosaurus I am absolutely positive you speak english better than I can speak whatever your first language is but I also think you are missing jokes because english is not your first language

I know but I thank you for taking the time. I'm not in full debunk mode it's just a couple of the things that are posted repeatedly as fact and if there's a joke in there I've missed it. But I'm enjoying the thread.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

Does anyone remember that GBS thread from I want to say like 2008 with all kinds of unexplained paranormal poo poo from history?

Yes. Not sure of the year though but it had all sorts of really interesting stories that mostly existed in Wikipedia but were entertaining nevertheless.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Spergin Morlock posted:

it's amber heard, not sure what movie

Oh, hey thanks!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://youtu.be/qEc9A9LDAL0

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 243 days!

Horrorosaurus posted:

I know but I thank you for taking the time. I'm not in full debunk mode it's just a couple of the things that are posted repeatedly as fact and if there's a joke in there I've missed it. But I'm enjoying the thread.

allow me to help you understand: aliens are absolutely here and are probably making me write this post using my dreams or some poo poo

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 243 days!
wait, have we considered the possibility that these might be disciples of lord shiva or lord vishnu, who have performed many severe penances?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

mike gravel and stevens both pushing along disclosure. gg ak

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Hodgepodge posted:

allow me to help you understand: aliens are absolutely here and are probably making me write this post using my dreams or some poo poo

thank,, s sir. It makes sense now and im a belieber. Or should i say beliufoer hehe

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Delta-Wye posted:

Your Horrorosaurus, it's all true: My male incompetence, the Zeta's cat-like reflexes, the stuff that made no sense, all of it.

ten fingats code hands guy

Ok I'll stop now, on with the thread.

munce
Oct 23, 2010

Fighter pilot speaks in BILD about UFO encounter "Then I saw this thing, it looked like a tic-tac"
Lieutenant Commander Alex Dietrich aboard an F-18

Article by: Herbert Bauerebel published on
06/03/2021 - 2:46 pm

Washington (USA) - These are mysterious aircraft that fly maneuvers like no one has ever seen before. No known aircraft can match their maneuverability. The videos filmed by fighter jets in 2004 and 2015, in which round objects move inexplicably, fascinate thousands of people.

In 2004 and 2015, US Navy pilots had two encounters with "indefinable objects in flight."
Source: BILD / US Department of Defense

The US armed forces are not talking about UFOs. They call them "Unidentified Aerial Phenomena" - UAPs. "Unidentified aerial phenomena". Soon, later this month, the Pentagon is due to report what it knows about these mysterious flying objects. When exactly is still unclear.

BILD spoke to Alex Dietrich (41), mother of three and a fighter pilot in the US Navy. She has 1250 hours of flight experience, landed 375 times on aircraft carriers. She now teaches at the United States Naval Academy. But from 2001 to 2007 she directed "F / A-18F-Super-Hornet" fighter jets. On a flight she met one of these UAPs.
Alex Dietrich was an F-18 pilot from 2001 to 2007.

It happened on November 14, 2004: The guided missile cruiser "USS Princeton", part of an association, had caught an unknown flying object off California, which in a flash lost around 24,000 meters in altitude. Back then, Dietrich and a colleague were traveling in two “Hornets” from the aircraft carrier “USS Nimitz”. Your mission: examine the object.

The 41-year-old on BILD: “It was a cloudless sky, hardly any wind, the sea surface was mirror-smooth.” The planes were directed to the point where the radar had previously detected the object. Dietrich: “Then I saw this thing, it looked like a tic-tac coated tablet, especially the shape, but also the smooth surface. It just looked like that. "

Also noticeable: no markings, no wings, no visible drive. The size? Almost one of the fighter jets, less than 20 meters long. It floated over the water.
The USS Nimitz (330 meters long). F-18 jets with double control systems are also waiting on the flight deck Photo: Getty Images / Stocktrek Images

Your memories of the day are fresh. She was amazed when the UAP began to react to the attitude of the other fighter aircraft. The way in which the UFO maneuvered would also have been completely unusual: “When flying, we know certain radii in the curves or how planes ascend and slide down - but this object maneuvered so quickly and agile that we were completely surprised.” She also did “To deal with fear,” admits the marine pilot.
US commanders encounter unknown flying object - infographic

When the Tic-Tac-UFO finally disappeared at the pace of hell, a “rollercoaster ride would have left behind in emotions”, she recalls: “Everything from amazement, shock and clearly, including fear. We didn't even have activated weapon systems, nothing to fire with. "

But what was it?
Interesting too

"I just do not know. And I would suffer from overconfidence if I were to spread my own theories. ”It sticks to the official classification:“ Unidentifiable ”. Above all, Dietrich does not want to draw “extra-terrestrial conclusions”: “I am too firmly anchored in the world of science, where there has to be evidence.” But nothing can be ruled out, she says.

Although there were matching testimonies from several crew members about the incident, as well as matching radar data, the UFO file from 2004 was gathering dust in the Pentagon's secret archives. Even worse, the UFO witnesses had initially been raised by comrades: jokers painted green men on paper or left aluminum hats on board.

2019: The Pentagon confirmed these recordings off the coast of San Diego Photo: US Navy

Years later, the incident landed on the desk of former Deputy Secretary of Defense for Secret Services Christopher Mellon (63). "The events from 2004 were particularly convincing because all the witnesses said the same thing and their statements could be confirmed by sophisticated monitoring technology," he told BILD. “Multiple systems captured all of this, numerous aircraft, warship I have spoken to all the witnesses. It was simply undeniable that something completely unusual was happening here. "

In 2017 the videos were leaked to the "New York Times". This was the first time the UFO phenomenon made it into the headlines of even serious media. And finally the ball would have gotten rolling, Mellon said. The Pentagon report is now the latest culmination of new UFO attention.
also read

Obama Confirms UFO Sightings: "We Can't Explain How They Move"
"We can't explain how they move" Obama confirms UFO sightings

Former US President Barack Obama has confirmed UFO sightings by the US military as "real" - one cannot say what the objects in flight are.

He doesn't believe that Russia or China are behind the phenomenon: “Why should we assume that they are 500 years ahead of us in terms of technology?” The G-forces alone would tear everything apart in such flight maneuvers. Also particularly inexplicable: "The ability to hover and then instantly accelerate to several times the speed of sound and stop just as suddenly."
In 2013, a US Department of Homeland Security airman took this picture over Puerto Rico
A US Department of Homeland Security Airman took this picture over Puerto Rico in 2013. Photo: Scientific Coalition for UAP Studies Organization

And some of the UAPs would go up and down in the water. In August, a "UAP Task Force" resumed work. All questionable observations must now be recorded.

Mellon: "So far there is no explanation for all of this!" There is only one thing he knows because of his earlier integration into the top ranks of the Pentagon and his insider knowledge of the development of new weapon systems: "This technology does not come from us."

He would like to see more cooperation with other nations, including Germany. The whole world should work together to solve this mystery. Because he also makes it clear that there is no scientific evidence that they are not aliens.

Mellon: "Maybe we're wasting the time looking for aliens out there while they have long since found us ..."

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

I'd love it if the Pentagon report would state the sightings really are of ships that are out of this world. The most credible explanation is its Russian or Chinese which would be unsettling for a number of reasons but most of all because we share the most border with Russia of any European country and Russia is Russia. No need for them to have advanced tech they are annoying enough a neighbor already.

Seriously though when this piece comes out what could it change? They'd honestly have to come forward with some game changing information otherwise it wouldn't satisfy anyone. It would just raise more questions like who makes sure anything coming out of the Pentagon is credible (which... yeah)

In summary it would be difficult for 2021 to top 2020 in all its craziness.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

the report will be a wet fart and it doesn't matter, we already know the truth.

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

the math speaks for itself

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

munce posted:

Long quote

This, "Even worse, the UFO witnesses had initially been raised by comrades: jokers painted green men on paper or left aluminum hats on board." while we knew it was happening, is still very cool.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Google Butt posted:

the report will be a wet fart and it doesn't matter, we already know the truth.

I agree with the first part.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
the report will be a reddit thread printed out on a dot matrix printer from 1970. it’ll contain hand scribbled notes that go like “whaaat” and “drat..”
trust me I’m an insider

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
common knowledge dictates that the pentagon has five sides. guess what idiot, there’s a secret sixth side... the inside

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

im pretty sure this leatherneck is a gnome or leprechaun, no wonder he knows so much about ufos

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Did NASA find anything yet

munce
Oct 23, 2010

UFOs confirmed as not made by humans:

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Did NASA find anything yet

They're trading baseball cards with space cops. Why?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Ah, the psyop is releasing just enough information to cause everyone to turn on each other

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEmfjU4U4H8

Eyewitness on the Nimitz who saw an object do basically exactly what the radars were picking up, dropping straight down from altitude to sea-level, right turns at insane speed and then shooting back up, and close enough that it had a shape. This sighting was weeks after the Fravor and Dietrich one and he says 30+ people all saw it from the deck as everyone was out watching an overboard sailor get rescued.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
i hope one day to kiss an alien on his round little head

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

I want to see the motherships. I know they're out there. They're probably underwater, lurking

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Russia and China have been violating US airspace with impunity for 70 years, disabling nukes and generally causing all kinds of havoc with tech 100 to 1000 years more advanced than the US, and anybody who reported it was drummed out of the military and forced to go on History Channel shows talking about how Skinny Bob built the pyramids to pay the mortgage.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Hatebag posted:

I want to see the motherships. I know they're out there. They're probably underwater, lurking

im very interested in the milf

motherships id like to find

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if china has year 3000 levels of tech then why do all the gadgets on aliexpress suck so bad

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

blatman posted:

if china has year 3000 levels of tech then why do all the gadgets on aliexpress suck so bad

stranglehold technologies long game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer