Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TTBF posted:

We recently had a discussion on what exactly bisexuality means in the LGBTQ+ wrestling thread if you want to check it out. I think it was a page or two back.

:) Thanks, I'll have a look, I'm genuinely interested in this stuff as someone who's kind of liminally part of the community. (read cis dude who's realised over the last few years he's not quite as straight as he thought)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

:) Thanks, I'll have a look, I'm genuinely interested in this stuff as someone who's kind of liminally part of the community. (read cis dude who's realised over the last few years he's not quite as straight as he thought)

This describes me as well. The LGBTQ+ thread has been a nice place to chat about all sorts of stuff, you should definitely check it out if you haven't yet!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

coconono posted:

labels are for record stores.

what's a record store

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

what's a record store

its a place you can buy labels I guess?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

what's a record store

a place with a lot of useless labels. Seriously, Sting is not world music you senseless pricks.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

coconono posted:

a place with a lot of useless labels. Seriously, Sting is not world music you senseless pricks.

I live in the world and have heard Sting's music, so I think you might be wrong on this one

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

coconono posted:

Sting is rafter music, everyone knows that.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

A man called Sting!
A man called Sting?
A man called Sting!
A man called Sting??!?!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Bisexuality has always included genders off the binary. The main difference is bisexuals say they're attracted to people of multiple genders, pansexuals say they're attracted to people regardless of gender and both often get pissed when you say they're the same thing :eng101:

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
https://twitter.com/CHIKARApro/status/1405259312444887047

The author of Bleeding Was Only HALF the Job: The Story of Xtreme Pro Wrestling and former CHIKARA ref who everyone seem to hate. He also had like 300 Twitter accts where he's harass certain people.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
im gay

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Any idea what Russo is going on about now?

https://twitter.com/THEVinceRusso/status/1404976579780911106

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Probably just mad that TK's Forbes photoshoot made the wrestling nerd look moderately cool.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

he's jealous and tk is a dork hth

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Russo has brain worms

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Vince Russo had a different Gimmick in mind for Tony.

And a story where he'd challenge Vince McMahon to a wrestling fed on a pole match.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Russo uses old man capitalisation.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

coconono posted:

it was glorious.

So Road Dogg gets let go for various reasons(I think he was A Drug) alongside Ron Killings.

They go to TNA, form 3 Live Kru with Konnan. Shoes are thrown. WWE's catering is raided when WWE does a show in Orlando.

Billy Gunn gets let go from WWE because they suck. Billy does a shoot and rips HHH. 3LK becomes 4LK.

Then Road Dogg and Billy do a shoot together where they talk about how much HHH love sucking dick. I believe they also poo poo on Stephanie.

Then they form The James Gang, making Billy an honorary James. Bullet Bob Armstrong whips a handcuffed Konnan in a cage.

poo poo happens so they form THE VODOO KIN MAFIA, attempt to break into Titan towers and put up million bucks to fight the newly reformed DX.

clarification edit: Billy was rehired a second time to be a trainer at the PC and was let go for failing a drug test at a body building competition.

Wow. I missed the entire TNA/Impact-era from that time period because I checked out from wrestling basically between 2002 and 2019 when AEW showed up on my radar. While I've done some catching up by way of hearing some of the stories and watching Youtube videos, I'd totally not seen any of that. Like, what's Voodoo and Kin even got to do with it? I can kind of see Mafia being a reference to them being upgraded Outlaws but... Big huh.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I'd have assumed Russo means the New York tennis arena Dynamite?

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

Memnaelar posted:

Like, what's Voodoo and Kin even got to do with it? I can kind of see Mafia being a reference to them being upgraded Outlaws but... Big huh.

Voodoo
Kin
Mafia

Vincent
Kennedy
McMahon

I believe it’s as simple as that. They wanted something with his initials as it might piss him off. Plus…TNA.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Red is Dead posted:

Voodoo
Kin
Mafia

Vincent
Kennedy
McMahon

I believe it’s as simple as that. They wanted something with his initials as it might piss him off. Plus…TNA.

Yeah, I mentioned I got the VKM part in my last post. I just wasn't sure why they picked those specific words. Sounds like they just swigged a lot of Jack and pointed at random words in the dictionary until they got a VKM that sounded half-way cool.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Russo tweets like Mike Kurtz

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

Russo tweets like Mike Kurtz

Ironic as Vinny Ru is also a thousandaire :smug:

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Voodoo Kin Mafia is a very NJPW stable name.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I Will Never Understand Why Old People Tweet Like This. It's Not a Book Title, Bro

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Russo and Cornette are both going to be tweeting passive or outright aggressive bullshit at people who are still relevant hoping they try to hit back so they can make more videos for clicks until the end of time - it doesn't have to be any more complicated than that for an explanation really

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

StarkRavingMad posted:

I Will Never Understand Why Old People Tweet Like This. It's Not a Book Title, Bro

when things are capitalized, that means they're important. and old people think everything they say is important

this is why i post in all lowercase. that and i'm too lazy to hit the shift key

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

MJeff posted:

It sold out because of Kenny Okada, Ibushi, and Naito, not you, you fucks. :mad:

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
https://twitter.com/PlatinumMax/status/1405031791778480129

https://twitter.com/Bowens_Official/status/1404952084127100932
Really looking forward to the whole shoot.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/chrisfromthelab/status/1405012102520115201

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Someone's never heard of docking.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MSG filled to the brim to BREATHE....

WITH THE SWITCHBLADE :getin:

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Russo thinks the reason wrestling isn’t cool is because the promoters aren’t cool so he’s just attacking Tony for not being cool. Of course Russo’s not cool and he hangs out with the biggest bunch of losers in the business but he’s not exactly know for being self-reflective.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

the coolest thing Russo ever did was turn an entire generation onto plushy sex.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

What a brave take.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Deathlove posted:

What a brave take.

It has inspired me to finally, FINALLY take the plunge and say what nobody is willing to admit: Hulk Hogan was pretty popular in the 80s.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

That threads in the other forum

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I've seen it done - looked like everyone enjoyed themselves.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/yeelord_/status/1404882057118031880

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re: Voodoo Kin Mafia.

I mean, I already know the answer to this, but is Vince so petty and thin skinned that he would get legitimately real life angry over a stable in a different company using the initials of his name?

It's not like they sneezed or anything.

Related question: I don't have an encyclopaedic memory, and it must have happened somewhere and at sometime. But I can't remember anytime there was a televised sneeze on a wrestling show. Either real or pantomimed. Just to annoy said petty thin skinned old man.