Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mediaphage posted:

yeah cords suck

incidentally are the airpods not beepable if they’re in their case? i assume not but don’t own any

there was some poo poo with beeping being a brand new feature for them, i don’t remember if that’s uwb specific or in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

and they've already grown the ears and sewn them onto rats.

scientists have been doing this for years.

scientists are into some weird poo poo

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

cinci zoo sniper posted:

there was some poo poo with beeping being a brand new feature for them, i don’t remember if that’s uwb specific or in general

i don't think so, you can make them beep louder than music playback for finding purposes as i understand it

but again, don't have, don't know how useful it is

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i know you can do a thing with Find My that gives you a bunch of "do not have them in your ears, it will gently caress you up" warnings. but tbh they're gonna die pretty quickly so after a little time Find My isn't gonna be super useful

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

it would be nice if the case itself had a little beeping speaker but apple doesnt seem very piezo friendly

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
prediction: next gen airpods will have a built in airtag in the box

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Bulgakov posted:

it would be nice if the case itself had a little beeping speaker but apple doesnt seem very piezo friendly

agree

Jonny 290 posted:

prediction: next gen airpods will have a built in airtag in the box

also agree thinking same

though they may decide to reserve it for the app and apm (which would be dumb)

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Ansible Adams posted:

holy poo poo it never occurred to me to try locate them with find my. I lost them for like a month. lmao

they aren’t beepable, it sucks. i wish they were it coulda helped me many times

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Gentle Autist posted:

they aren’t beepable, it sucks. i wish they were it coulda helped me many times

they are but it’s limited according to apple

they have to be connected to bluetooth so it’s really only likely helpful if one fell out somewhere in your house / park right around you

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
apparently the airspod pro can be found using the find my network with iOS 15. not like full on uwb location but general Bluetooth location with network reporting same as the the airtags.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah close enough

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

those tacos good?

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

i went to paris two years ago and the absolute worst thing i saw there was this :nms:

http://o-tacos.com

hosed up. so incredibly hosed up

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Casual Encountess posted:

i went to paris two years ago and the absolute worst thing i saw there was this :nms:

oui

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
There are food crimes, this is a food atrocity that should be tried at the Hague.

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

treat of versailles

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Anne Frank Funk posted:

treat of versailles

apple: treat of versailles

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

id eat that drunk

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

ngl that looks pretty nice

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

so the dutch misnamed a panini i’ve seen worse in europe tbqh

it’s real hard to get any good mexican there though unsurprisingly

Anne Frank Funk
Nov 4, 2008

yeah we have immitation mutton meat kebab with hot sauce instead

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Perplx posted:

There are food crimes, this is a food atrocity that should be tried at the Hague.

Burger Hague

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

id eat that drunk

add some eggs and that's a breakfast burrito

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

mmmm brick o beige

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

fries in a burrito is fine, i could absolutely house a california burrito right now

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

looking at the image i thought it was just roti they were calling a taco for some reason

i'm still not sure

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

yall got the option for west indian/carribbean food take it cause goddamn oxtails and stewed goats

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

for sure. there was a big west indies diaspora in the town i grew up in so i had it a lot as a kid, and there's tons of places here in toronto

goat curry roti is still an absolute favourite

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Silver Alicorn posted:

I have moved beyond wired headphones in my life

ok so im trying to do this but its actually really lovely? i thik i need to do the dongle ones and not bluetooth. take my mac pro for example (trashcan version) and my BOSE NC 700. it pairs on BT which is cool, but if you have it paired to work as the mic and also the headset it drops the headphone quality down to like 55khz or whatever dog poo poo you had for those bluetooth ear plug things from the 2000s or something. you change the mic to something else like your webcam or whatever and it cranks the headphones back up to a2dp sink. so when its paired to be a mic its a "communication device" like for a phone and when only headphones its headphones. WTF. also there is no way to change this afaik. on my old linux computer u could change this in the terminal by pasting in a phone book worth of poo poo from stack overflow. maybe this possible on macos???? idk but also why. why god why

e: it doesnt do this when paired with ios/android/windows lol. too hosed up to believe.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Smythe posted:

ok so im trying to do this but its actually really lovely? i thik i need to do the dongle ones and not bluetooth. take my mac pro for example (trashcan version) and my BOSE NC 700. it pairs on BT which is cool, but if you have it paired to work as the mic and also the headset it drops the headphone quality down to like 55khz or whatever dog poo poo you had for those bluetooth ear plug things from the 2000s or something. you change the mic to something else like your webcam or whatever and it cranks the headphones back up to a2dp sink. so when its paired to be a mic its a "communication device" like for a phone and when only headphones its headphones. WTF. also there is no way to change this afaik. on my old linux computer u could change this in the terminal by pasting in a phone book worth of poo poo from stack overflow. maybe this possible on macos???? idk but also why. why god why

e: it doesnt do this when paired with ios/android/windows lol. too hosed up to believe.

this is a macos thing specifically. it still sucks for bluetooth audio that isn’t made by apple. there are terminal commands you can try but they never work 100% of the time. i literally just gave up. it still happens and while i shouldn’t i’m still amazed that apple just lets it be like this.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
also why does maps turn by turn (apple and google) bug out when i have spotify running. it pauses the music like she is going to talk but then she doesnt. yes i have turned it off and on again. piece of poo poo OS

e: the music is podcasts actually its chapo trap house btw

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

mediaphage posted:

this is a macos thing specifically. it still sucks for bluetooth audio that isn’t made by apple. there are terminal commands you can try but they never work 100% of the time. i literally just gave up. it still happens and while i shouldn’t i’m still amazed that apple just lets it be like this.

i see i see thank you. i am thinking of buying a bluetooth audio interface and using that instead. a little box that pairs with my things and also has a cool gain knob on it and then that plugs into the compy. hmm wouldnt that be cool. and what if had xlr in and out. or 1/4". that would be so cool. i would like that. it would be so stylish.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

looking at the image i thought it was just roti they were calling a taco for some reason

i'm still not sure

interesting blend of a bunch of different carb-heavy street food. flour tortilla, halal meat, french fries, unidentified white sauce, panini-pressed. kindof surprised i've never seen this in the us anywhere, really

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

rjmccall posted:

interesting blend of a bunch of different carb-heavy street food. flour tortilla, halal meat, french fries, unidentified white sauce, panini-pressed. kindof surprised i've never seen this in the us anywhere, really

yeah that looks fuckin delicious. on the other hand, would definitely get the pimp skitters from that

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

rjmccall posted:

except for the fries it looks like a lot of the middle eastern fast food places around here that sell schawarma wraps

of course they don't have your choice of nuggets or tenders for the protein like this place does

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
yeah, i guess shawarma places that press their wraps use tortillas (or something else unleavened) instead of pita. but i don’t think they ever have more starch inside, it’s always just meat and veggies

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

just like that,

Thunderdome Exclusive

Smythe posted:

e: the music is podcasts actually its chapo trap house btw

thats a feature not a bug

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ehh it's not much of a taco but its fine from what i can tell

you want to talk bad mexican, let's talk the "breakfast burrito" i got at an airport in NYC (dont remember JFG or LGA)

it had fuckin shredded lettuce in it

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

thats a feature not a bug

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
dont use wireless headphones if you dont have to.

i have airpods and some goofy bone conduction ones and they are good for when i am out and about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
lmfao at this thing https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Preamplifier-Headphone-Amplifier-Audio/dp/B07TJS2DBT/