Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
There is no shame in lowering the difficulty on “don’t get hit” missions because they are complete bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

The Golux posted:

Are the unlocks for the weapons and the guardian character all at the end of the chart? or are they mixed around? I haven't beaten the game yet and am working on the DLC as I go now, so I want to know where I'm aiming for those...
The weapons are sort of mid way through the chart, the guardian is at the end and locked behind a requirement of beating the last story mission.

Also the bosses having little names above their title thing from earlier, pretty sure those are only for the DLC vicious bosses, and what the little name is seems to be related to which stat they are buffed the most in.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

The Golux posted:

Are the unlocks for the weapons and the guardian character all at the end of the chart? or are they mixed around? I haven't beaten the game yet and am working on the DLC as I go now, so I want to know where I'm aiming for those...

The guardian has two node prerequisites to unlock that require taking both the middle and top path.

From the first node take the top path gives you store stuff with the standouts being the first unlocked node which increases sensor-registered material drops, new stock for merchants and the ability to buy apples.

From the first node the middle path gives flails and at the very end the guardian, though you also need the prerequisite from the bottom path to unlock it.

The bottom path has 3 paths itself you need to take the bottom-top path and bottom-middle path which converge at the motorcycle which then itself splits into motorcycle improvements and one of the prereqs for the guardian. Going all the way down lets you increase the weapon level more and remove hidden seals.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I'm just gonna say right now that getting weapons to level 50 is gonna be a resource hog, I checked and feeding a level 30 weapon to another only raises the level to 37, I looked at a combination of level 19, 20, 25, 30, 30 weapons only raised it up to 47. Removing hidden seals requires the weapon to be at level 50.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

tithin posted:

I'm chipping away through DE slowly, almost done with the master quest map and gently caress me sideways the "don't get hit" mission for zelda's t3 royal scepter weapon is miserable - got all the way to the end and got slapped twice in less than a second by the boss and a dinolfos who jumped in on me from offscreen

was not impressed

Can't help with the boss bullshit, but try to get a fairy with Water wall. It's the same exact effect as Shiek's water barrier status in that it just eats damage. I think it still might go down in one hit, but it may afford you one more hit.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ugh, just did a Vicious Monster mission where I had to take two outposts, got to the second one and beat everything in it and nothing else would spawn but it was only at half health. Had no choice but to just exit the mission. I've been having real bad luck with that poo poo in Warriors games lately...

In other games it'd just be a loss of time which sucks but isn't a big deal, but with this game it means I lose the ingredients from cooking (I assume, anyway).

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Drakenel posted:

Can't help with the boss bullshit, but try to get a fairy with Water wall. It's the same exact effect as Shiek's water barrier status in that it just eats damage. I think it still might go down in one hit, but it may afford you one more hit.

Already cleared that map, just happen to think it's kinda bullshit.

thanks for the advice, I'm currently saving up food to power a fairy to get the right stats for magic fountain+, so I'll look that up and see if I can include it

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Can confirm now, the new weapons and probably the guardian are unlocked through the Ancient Lab skill tree thing.

Once you unlock the flail, I’m assuming you get more from drops? Then again it looks like they power up from unlocking more nodes so maybe not?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I've yet to see a single Flail drop after I unlocked it and I've done about 7 Vicious monster quests post unlocking it.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Can confirm now, the new weapons and probably the guardian are unlocked through the Ancient Lab skill tree thing.

Once you unlock the flail, I’m assuming you get more from drops? Then again it looks like they power up from unlocking more nodes so maybe not?

You repeat the nodes to get more of that weapon.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
So all the versions of the flail have the same attack power, but have different C1s and (presumably) different hidden seals. That's a neat way to approach it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Is it that way for the bikes too?

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

mabels big day posted:

Is it that way for the bikes too?

It is. The each have a generic version, a version where the C1 is an aimable laser, and a version where the C1 is a defensive move (front shield for the flails, burst sphere for the bike). I like the generic for the bike because it lets it go into its air combo at a height that is much more useful for fighting regular-sized enemies than its C2.

I've messed around with all three new movesets, and I'm not all that into or impressed by the flails or the bike really. The ZR gimmick with the flails is a little disappointing because the moveset while holding a copied weapon gets cut way down. The nicest thing about the ZR gimmick is that throwing the copied weapon with another ZR press before it breaks seems to force out weakpoints, at least on the regular sized enemies I've tried it on. This is basically the only reason for the ability to have a cooldown at all.

The bike is fun enough, and it is somewhat more controllable than Epona was in the first game, but still suffers in tight corners or with doors more than, say, Riju does. Holding ZR to make moves stronger is ok but not exciting, and hold ZR characters make my hands hurt after awhile so I'm not super enthused by it. The ability gets a shockwave on activation when you get the enhanced node for it, but I haven't messed around with it enough to determine if that's really a good thing or not. C5 seems like it forces out weakpoints on a lot of enemies, but I don't know if that's a property inherent to the move or the fact that it's good at hitting the head/eyes of so many enemies. I imagine C6 forces out weakpoints regardless.

The Guardian feels great so far. The lock-on gimmick is incredible with its C6, as that move will stay active for a long time afterward and seems to force out weak points at the very end of the move, giving you time to build up to a different combo finisher to hit at the right timing and then go into Stasis after. Locked-on C3 feels uniquely bad at dealing weak point damage, though. It actually seemed to make the gauge go away quicker than other combos for some reason. Locked-on C2 or C4 or even just repeated C1 blasts are probably better. C5 lets it get to an air combo state, which is surprisingly quick and strong. The Guardian's regular attack string is real slow, so I'll be looking for Attack Speed++ and maybe Strong Attack++ to put on a maxed out weapon for it.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I used the bike on the Calamity Strikes mission just to see how it performs in a fully tight corridor map and I spent half the time driving into the walls as I could barely get enough space to turn around, so I would recommend anyone not to use it on indoor heavy areas, like at all.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I just fought a Walking Fortress type Silver Lynel. That was a loving ordeal. 22 minutes, and that was on Normal, I can't imagine doing it on a higher setting.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

LostRook posted:

The guardian has two node prerequisites to unlock that require taking both the middle and top path.

From the first node take the top path gives you store stuff with the standouts being the first unlocked node which increases sensor-registered material drops, new stock for merchants and the ability to buy apples.

From the first node the middle path gives flails and at the very end the guardian, though you also need the prerequisite from the bottom path to unlock it.

The bottom path has 3 paths itself you need to take the bottom-top path and bottom-middle path which converge at the motorcycle which then itself splits into motorcycle improvements and one of the prereqs for the guardian. Going all the way down lets you increase the weapon level more and remove hidden seals.

Is this remotely correct?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

The Golux posted:

Is this remotely correct?

Yes

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

There's five flail nodes in total: three for the three different types of flails, and two nodes that boost the flail's attack power by 10 points per node.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

EDIT: didn’t see the post above me that already answered my question oops

Augus fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jun 20, 2021

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Twelve by Pies posted:

There's five flail nodes in total: three for the three different types of flails, and two nodes that boost the flail's attack power by 10 points per node.

Six actually, there's a third +10 slightly separated from the others.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

After playing with the Guardian some more, I've changed my game plan with it. Locked-on C6 is still great, but Locked-on C2 also stays active while the Guardian is free to do other things as long as you wait to dodge until the machine gun portion actually starts. You can use this to lay down a steady stream of sustained damage by just doing C2 dodge C1 dodge C1 dodge C2 in a loop.

My Guardian is currently running with 3 Attack Range boosting seals because nothing else worthwhile is popping up, and it can actually outrange the aggro area of enemies in a lot of these Vicious Monster missions. I will be looking to swap out to Strong Attack boosting seals whenever I get them, though.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Does the guardian have a "weapon" btw? Is it just ancient parts like the other two characters made of ancient bits?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Got the bike today and it's okay. It's neat, but I can't imagine using it over the slate after I'm done killing 1000 enemies with it. It's kind of funny the game won't let you wear Zelda's white dress on the bike.

I still like the flail though, even if the copy weapon gimmick is pretty underwhelming aside from throwing it to force out WPGs. I've found that sword type weapons are pretty decent for crowds since the regular attacks draw enemies to the front of you, and two handed type weapons are decent for larger monsters since the regular attacks force WPGs and also knock the monster out of attacks. Spears force out WPG, but don't stun the monster, and do practically no damage to the WPG so they seem to be the weakest copy option.

Mostly the flail's big problem is that C6 can force out WPG (sometimes, it's a little weird) but you can't really take advantage of it because of how the animation works, you can get like maybe one or two regular hits on it before it goes away, so it seems weaker than other weapons.

Hopefully Warriors Dojo will do videos on the flail/bike/Guardian soon.

Oh one last tip for anyone who hasn't done it: if you're going to do the level EX Battle: Skills, you'll probably want to use the recipe that lengthens the Perfect Dodge timing window unless you're a master at it. One of the requirements in that fight is to get five Perfect Dodges against a Lynel, it's rough.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Boy is my face red... I was wondering why they decided to put the royal ancient lab where it was, but I went to check out the area in Breath of the Wild and sure enough, "Royal Ancient Lab Ruins."

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Very funny game setting a mission inside Hyrule Castle where you have to play as Calamity Ganon/Kohga against all the heroes, I enjoyed spending most of the mission being unable to see what was happening as Ganon as he's just too drat big for that map.

At least you get Sooga/Astor as NPC backup.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

The Golux posted:

Does the guardian have a "weapon" btw? Is it just ancient parts like the other two characters made of ancient bits?

It is like q normal character with three tiers of weapon strength and weapon drops from map completions.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I've noticed that the Vicious Monster Quests drop Lv 1 weapons with 76 base power very regularly and that basically makes running Blood Moon missions for weapons a thing of the past now.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxBa1NdJo6U

drat Warrior's Dojo works fast.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Yeah, I have no idea how Shane got that out so quickly.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, he still hasn't put up all the base game movesets. That's wild

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Finally unlocked it and my GOD the Guardian is so loving huge.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm probably just stupid but is there an easy way to freeze enemies with Cryonis?

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Senerio posted:

I'm probably just stupid but is there an easy way to freeze enemies with Cryonis?

Doing it near water. Other than that nothing immediately comes to mind.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Zelda's sheikah slate cryonis can freeze with her ZR action.

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je64Snqg_Wg

Did this guy get early access to the DLC or something?

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Being the only person who could tell how broken Sheikah Slate Zelda is unlocked his chakras or something. He can read moveset with his third eye now.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Ardryn posted:

Doing it near water. Other than that nothing immediately comes to mind.

Also even that is pretty dependent on who you're playing as. When I was trying to unlock the Cryonis upgrade I was using Kohga for a bit (he's my only character with the weapon drop boost) and it's near impossible to freeze enemies even in water with his Cryonis rune. When I swapped to Link later though I had no problem freezing enemies.

So if you're having trouble freezing enemies in water, try using a different character, it's possible that the one you're playing has a Cryonis that doesn't freeze well.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I second the suggestion of Slate Zelda for the Cryonis rune mission. No water required.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Yunobo’s Cryonis is huge and hits a very wide area around him, that was how I got most of mine.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Does anyone know if Reports drop from any mission or is it only the new EX ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Scrap Dragon posted:

Does anyone know if Reports drop from any mission or is it only the new EX ones?

Each report has its own pre-reqs, here's what they are copied from the googledoc:

Battle Records = 100 KOs
Material Properties = 50 Materials
Monster Ecology = Lynels, Taluses, Hinoxes (mini-bosses)
Relic Analysis = Guardians

That's it, no specific mission requirements, you could totally just do the first story mission over and over if you really wanted to for two of the four above.