Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Now feeling extremely justified in not having bought Factorio because, despite “checking all the boxes” (atkstd), the demo was never actually fun. Much like Darkest Dungeons actually (although I got that one for free).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
more like factoino

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
heated game development moment

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kenny Logins posted:

it's both!

try more narrative games or something that is otherwise a changeup. maybe something simple but difficult like hotlines miami

yeah try something that's extremely outside your normal wheelhouse. if you play enough games of the same genre they all start to blur together no matter how good they are

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Try an isomorphic D&D, OP.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Schadenboner posted:

Try an isomorphic D&D, OP.
not a bad idea and also disco elysium is extant

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
reminds me of balder’s gate: dark alliance on ps2. real sweetheart of a game.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
The Shadowrun isomorphs were also p.-to-e.deece.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Schadenboner posted:

The Shadowrun isomorphs were also p.-to-e.deece.
they were but you can skip the first and just play dragonfall and hong kong. hk is the best of those two imo

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

it's too bad the user generated content forward nature of iso shadowrun never really bore fruit. i think there's like 3 or 5 ugc products i've tried worth playing

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

they were but you can skip the first and just play dragonfall and hong kong. hk is the best of those two imo

seconding hk, but dragonfall was a lot of fun as well

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Whichever the German Anarcho-Communist one was is q.deece. I wish they had back-patched in the Matrix rules from the Hong Kong one in, though.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

dioxazine posted:

seconding hk, but dragonfall was a lot of fun as well
dragonfall was also pretty great. huge improvement over the first one. if hk didn't exist it might be the best sr game bar none (and i loved sr snes)

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

President Beep posted:

reminds me of balder’s gate: dark alliance on ps2. real sweetheart of a game.

new one coming out in a few days i think. no idea if it’s any good

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Zam Wesell posted:

new one coming out in a few days i think. no idea if it’s any good

no poo poo? is it a direct sequel to that one?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

if only there was some way i could search the Internet for such information………

alas!!!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

*slaughterhouse five voice* so it goes.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

hosed-up if true!

:ohdear:

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

President Beep posted:

no poo poo? is it a direct sequel to that one?

no idea.
it is a mystery

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Cat Face Joe posted:

bought turnip boy commits tax evasion and gonna fire that up this weekend

it's v. good but i did everything in under three hours

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

ive been playing the MW5 expansion and it makes the game a lot better. there are new mechs and weapons and you can find lostech stuff more. there are also a bunch of little side missions so the game isn't just a short loop through one storyline with nothing else to do

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

larian, the divinity series studio, is making baldur's gate 3.. but since it's in early access i don't really feel like touching it at the moment. looks somewhat neat though

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

the new FO4YOLO just landed

lmao ouch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrjkU5hdazc&t=2419s

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

are there any good games like world of tanks/ships that aren’t freemium hellware?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

He plays like - as we say in Finland - a bottle-arse pig.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

President Beep posted:

are there any good games like world of tanks/ships that aren’t freemium hellware?

no

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

dioxazine posted:

been playing rimworld again with my 96 mods or whatever. for some reason it always feels good going back to it

i really like rimworld. i have a mod that lets you set up guest beds for visitors and you can have a shop for them, smokeleaf sells real well

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

are there any good games

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 21, 2021

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

dioxazine posted:

larian, the divinity series studio, is making baldur's gate 3.. but since it's in early access i don't really feel like touching it at the moment. looks somewhat neat though

A friend of mine bought in and seemed to really enjoy the content that was there. :shrug:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

well, piss.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i thought he would at least make it to automaton after last episode but lol :rip:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

played a poo poo load of borderlands 3 for the first time in forever and now I'm having insane dreams where Mr torgue is giving me childcare tips

are any of the expansions worth getting?

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I too have been video game depressed for a while (except for Nova Drift) but I just picked up some new games for the switch so I hope I enjoy them

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

I'm almost done with Prey and I'm not willing to finish it, knowing that Arkane games are the main things that bring me joy in this world and that there are only so many of them.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
start trying to get a ps5 now and you might have one by the time deathloop comes out

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Roosevelt posted:

ive been playing the MW5 expansion and it makes the game a lot better. there are new mechs and weapons and you can find lostech stuff more. there are also a bunch of little side missions so the game isn't just a short loop through one storyline with nothing else to do

i gotta get back into the strategy battletech and eventually pick up mw5

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

shoeberto posted:

I'm almost done with Prey and I'm not willing to finish it, knowing that Arkane games are the main things that bring me joy in this world and that there are only so many of them.

mooncrash is v. Good

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

mooncrash is v. Good

haveblue posted:

start trying to get a ps5 now and you might have one by the time deathloop comes out

Both good suggestions.

I also still have Dishonored 2 to play so there's that.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

VR rules for being stoned as gently caress and almost 40

I play beat saber vr at least 5 hours a week. I have hundreds of hours and the platinum trophy on ps4 and I jus love it. get blazed and zone out and hit them blocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Depends, what kind of vidya drugs do you prefer?

Uppers? (Challenging games)
Downers? (Chill unwind games)
Dissociatives? (Escapist fantasy)

or something, I'm too square to do any of the cool drugs