Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

thats primarily because every bot account is just a generic human dude. not even accounting for logged in for the last month, if you just go by like, 'has made any progress at all past what bots do' catgirls win.

I didn't even think about that; I figured it was just everyone who picked it up for a few hours on a free trial or whatever just didn't think very hard about the character they made but that all makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i recall a granblue stat spread where dj was at like 52% and there's a lot of grans who are just defaults for rerolls and other abandoned newbie accounts, i could anecdotally estimate 2/3-3/4 and it probably tends further toward djeeta with levels haha

heres the first raid i plopped into

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yeah just anecdotally i never see gran that much in group content, like there'll be 1-2 usually, sometimes 3, but its really rare to see like a group dominated by people using him

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Wark Say posted:

Hopping mad or just generally disappointed?

the Nets :'c

marumaru
May 20, 2013

gacha sucks

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

'way' was overexaggeration on my part sure but she gets more fanart and stuff, i never said gudao was unpopular or everyone hated him, he has fans too. and granblue is for the bl ladies at this point so gran is very popular yes. idk if youre talking generally here or this is aimed at me but if its the latter uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. anyway at the very least theres no reason to say that the fans would riot if gudako was used in an anime.

Nah I was speaking generally. I don't think they should refrain from choosing Gudako for stuff regardless of popularity numbers though. Just everytime this comes up I see people acting like 1% of the playerbase plays Gudao or Gran, not that I thought you specifically were saying that.

And while I would agree that a boring bland personality-less take on Gudako would still be slightly more interesting since it's not as common, I also don't like how people think the problem is with Gudao and not just terrible writer/committee mandates. Which is also how the conversations seem to go about this subject...Don't think you're saying this either though.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

marumaru posted:

gacha sucks

as someone who plays them, :agreed:.

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.
idk, I have been enjoying Arknights well enough so far. I assume I just haven't hit the inevitable massive wall of upgrade materials grinding that every gacha needs to have yet

AFancyQuestionMark fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jun 20, 2021

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Finished Chio's School Road. Decently funny, although some jokes didn't land, like the hyper-molester lesbian senpai. It was at its best when showcasing Chio's psychopathic friendship with her friend Manana.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Molester-gal and loli-complex biker are really :ohno: in an otherwise fun show.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

marumaru posted:

gacha sucks

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I love gacha, and love capitalism. Scared?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Gacha systems, as they currently stand within mobile games, tend to be highly predatory and make people do some really stupid poo poo to fall into mounting amounts of debt.

OTOH, if you have enough of a grip on your checkbook and engage in F2P, some of the mobages' stories can be rather fun!

So all in all: gently caress gacha. Mobages can be fun!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I love gacha, and love capitalism. Scared?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

This is an asterisk season anyways who cares about it.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

you don't even play

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Aurora posted:

you don't even play

I play hit game Genshin Impact

and logged into FGO today but didnt get nobu so rip

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AFancyQuestionMark posted:

idk, I have been enjoying Arknights well enough so far. I assume I just haven't hit the inevitable massive wall of upgrade materials grinding that every gacha needs to have yet

AK is probably one of the worst if you want to use high rarity units, at least as far as popular ones go.

Wark Say posted:

Gacha systems, as they currently stand within mobile games, tend to be highly predatory and make people do some really stupid poo poo to fall into mounting amounts of debt.

OTOH, if you have enough of a grip on your checkbook and engage in F2P, some of the mobages' stories can be rather fun!

So all in all: gently caress gacha. Mobages can be fun!

Rolling for waifu .pngs briefly fills the void. :unsmith:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2021-06-15/blue-relection-ray-anime-home-video-release-canceled/.173991

This pretty much kills any hopes of Atelier Ryza getting an anime anytime soon.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
blue reflection and ryza are like opposite ends of the scale of popularity for gust rpgs

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i'm still curious about what happened behind the scenes for a 2-cour anime spinoff of such a niche game to get greenlit. did they have a new game in development that got cancelled/shelved because of covid?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

It's one part of a 3-part project including it and a new console and mobile game

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
What sucks is they're just now reaching the point they're introducing characters from the game. Hopefully they don't cut their losses and end on a cliffhanger.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
If was planned to be two cours in the first place, then a cliffhanger ending would've been the original scripts

marumaru
May 20, 2013

no sign of 3.0+1.0 on blu-ray, huh?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

marumaru posted:

That's probably still a ways away, unfortunately.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

marumaru posted:

I haven't even fuckin seen it on the Japanese torrent site my coworker uses for all his day-and-date poo poo.

The PIRATE THIS AND DIE notice they sent out ages ago must have worked.

VvV
Camrips, etc

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 21, 2021

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i think it would be the lack of blu ray that's keeping it off the torrent sites, OP

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

marumaru posted:

has anyone heard anything about a us theatrical release? i've been avoiding the eva thread for fear of spoilers

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

has anyone heard anything about a us theatrical release? i've been avoiding the eva thread for fear of spoilers

Not a peep, I’m sure it’s going to be a while because Khara is going to micromanage every aspect of its release after the 3.0 debacle.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

The Black Stones posted:

Not a peep, I’m sure it’s going to be a while because Khara is going to micromanage every aspect of its release after the 3.0 debacle.

yikes, wasn't the delay in 3.0 making it stateside like, two years after the japanese theatrical release? and what was the debacle? the showing i attended seemed fine enough, at least as best as i can remember 7 years ago

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

yikes, wasn't the delay in 3.0 making it stateside like, two years after the japanese theatrical release? and what was the debacle? the showing i attended seemed fine enough, at least as best as i can remember 7 years ago

Khara is run by paranoid micromanagers.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jun 21, 2021

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

and what was the debacle? the showing i attended seemed fine enough, at least as best as i can remember 7 years ago
More or less, yeah.

The story goes that one of the US Expos screened an advanced showing if the film and useless anime fans acted like jackals at the hint of Shinji X Kowaru stuff and Meme'd up the rest of the film, to the horror of Khara execs.

They then shelved the script and went SSJ Micromanager on everything related to the translation.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Not releasing the new Blue Reflection anime at the same time as the new game feels like a huge misstep especially since the original game's reaction was that it was "Flawed but okay" in places.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

The post that kicked off all the speculation

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Amanda Wynn Lee tweet from a few months ago backs up Khara's obsession with controlling the way audiences are supposed to react to their Eva content. The Netflix script isn't new, it's the original script that they sent to ADV back when the show was first dubbed, the one that Lee tossed because she felt it wasn't workable from a localization standpoint.

I'm guessing back then Khara wasn't too concerned with the international market because ADV went ahead with their own adapted script. ADV eventually went bankrupt, partially due to a lawsuit with Gainax over optioning for a live action Eva adaptation and when they got sued by funimation and eventually liquidated. Funi is one of the big players now and anime has a much broader reach so Khara definitely feels more keen to control the narrative now as opposed to when an overseas dubbing effort was basically just a side hustle.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Season 2 of Welcome to Demon School! is indeed fun and good. Glad I was convinced to go back to it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

very excited, to finally reach modern guru guru. honestly this just started out as a filler show, but i ended up really liking it, a lot

homeless snail posted:

Last week we finished Guru Guru Doki Doki and Haibane Renmei, so tonight, Monday, @ 8PM eastern, we begin an all new lineup. Finally, entering the modern era with Mahoujin Guru Guru (the 2017 remake) and then in the Yoshitoshi ABe Hour ft. Chiaki J. Konaka, the next step on the road to Despera, we all love her, Serial Experiments Lain!!

https://cytu.be/r/okayletswatchanime

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mister Facetious posted:

Season 2 of Welcome to Demon School! is indeed fun and good. Glad I was convinced to go back to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

homeless snail posted:

very excited, to finally reach modern guru guru. honestly this just started out as a filler show, but i ended up really liking it, a lot

:stoked: