Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Etymology
The word cock was first recorded in use as a vulgar term for the penis in 1618, perhaps deriving from one of the word's other meanings: "a spout or short pipe serving as a channel for passing liquids through".[2] It was once common in England for areas to be given names that reflected their function or the activity taking place within them.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickle_Cock_Bridge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

Etymology
The word cock was first recorded in use as a vulgar term for the penis in 1618, perhaps deriving from one of the word's other meanings: "a spout or short pipe serving as a channel for passing liquids through".[2] It was once common in England for areas to be given names that reflected their function or the activity taking place within them.[3]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tickle_Cock_Bridge

of course this article is in the related section:

Gropecunt, the earliest known use of which is in about 1230, appears to have been derived as a compound of the words grope and oval office

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Petrosian responded to So with a lengthy message including the comments "You are a biggest looser I ever seen in my life! You was doing PIPI in your pampers when I was beating players much more stronger then you! [sic]"

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

quote:

[T]he most common way that their bioluminescence is used is to signal between fish in the same way people "dance or wear bright colors at the nightclub."[
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonostomatidae

matti
Mar 31, 2019

In Europe, about 3% of the population has a panic attack in a given year while in the United States they affect about 11%.[2]

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I assumed that private lumber companies would also be integral in the funding of studies and possible solutions to the problem of S. musiva, but I was unable to find them. I think it is safe to assume since it is such a large problem they probably assist the Department of Agriculture in search of a solution.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

goblin week posted:

I assumed that private lumber companies would also be integral in the funding of studies and possible solutions to the problem of S. musiva, but I was unable to find them. I think it is safe to assume since it is such a large problem they probably assist the Department of Agriculture in search of a solution.

lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
lmao

Tweezer Reprise
Aug 6, 2013

It hasn't got six strings, but it's a lot of fun.

AnoHito posted:

Petrosian responded to So with a lengthy message including the comments "You are a biggest looser I ever seen in my life! You was doing PIPI in your pampers when I was beating players much more stronger then you! [sic]"

it's not easy being the second best grandmaster named tigran petrosian

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cigarette_card#Classification_and_Cataloguing

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Astronomers have explained these star-like lights as bright stars

Manky Tungeon
Jun 11, 2018

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

https://tinyletter.com/waitingroom/letters/the-scrappy-doo-wikipedia-mystery

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

I agree with her that the Scooby Doo movie should be avoided at all costs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/110393_Rammstein

E: hmm I should preview my posts

America Inc. fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 29, 2021

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

By the mid-2000s in the United States, midget divisions once again were part of major wrestling promotions, and wrestlers such as WWE's Hornswoggle were competing for and winning championships made for average-size male wrestlers.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
The effect is produced by simply removing all of a car's internal components — "including the door panels and the headliner" and "any interior barrier to the trunk" — and then filling the enlarged space with as many clowns as possible.[2]

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

ColTim posted:

The effect is produced by simply removing all of a car's internal components — "including the door panels and the headliner" and "any interior barrier to the trunk" — and then filling the enlarged space with as many clowns as possible.[2]

Pedaling an extremely small bicycle is very difficult and usually much slower than walking, so there is little practical advantage to having a bicycle that will fit in one's purse or pocket.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

ColTim posted:

okay who's spilling the beans on my posting methodology?

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

ColTim posted:

Huh, I thought they tended to use a trapdoor for that. Maybe it's a variant.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
It is mentioned in passing that the human colony on Mars is doing OK.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
During a late 1990s airing of the movie on TBS' "Dinner and A Movie", Bruce Glover recalled that while filming their scenes together, he and Putter Smith had Sir Sean Connery convinced that the two were actually openly homosexual. Glover added that a few years later while on an airline flight he was flirting with a female flight attendant, and suddenly heard a Scottish-accented voice saying, "You son of a bitch", Glover turned around and saw the man was Connery.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lmao

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
not a big fan of the ladies are you glover

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Following the airing of the episode, Rajan Zed, the president of the Universal Society of Hinduism, called for an apology for its insinuation that the Hindu god Vishnu could be an alien. In a statement concerning the incident, the Society said that "faith was something sacred and attempts at debasing it hurt the adherents. Television and Hollywood should be more conscious while handling faith related subjects, as television and cinema were very mighty mediums and these could create stereotypes in the minds of some audiences." Zed elaborated that "Hinduism ... should not be taken lightly. Symbols of any faith, larger or smaller, should not be mishandled." A fictional version of Vishnu has previously appeared as a character in Marvel Comics.[18]

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

quote:

The Fall of Philadelphia marked the fall of Philadelphia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_of_Philadelphia
Granted, I cut off the context explaining what Philadelphia was, but that's still pretty dorky.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Tom Green's 2001 film Freddy Got Fingered won in five categories at the 22nd Golden Raspberry Awards, including Worst Actor, Worst Director, Worst Picture, Worst Screen Couple, and Worst Screenplay.[21] Green attended the awards in person, and brought with him a cheap red carpet which he unrolled as he entered the theater where the awards were being presented.[21] "I'd just like to say to all the other nominees in the audience, I don't think that I deserve it any more than the rest of you. I'd like to say that. I don't think that it would be true, though," said Green.[21] He had to be dragged off of the stage while accepting one of his awards because he would not stop playing the harmonica.[21][22]

(okay that may not be worthless but tom green is so it counts imo)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Half of the game has been described as having morally complex choices, and the narrative has resulted in making several playtesters cry.[6]

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Sham bam bamina! posted:

Half of the game has been described as having morally complex choices, and the narrative has resulted in making several playtesters cry.[6]

lol what the gently caress

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

expected that to be about spec ops the line, was surprised that it was modern warfare 2019 (which has an alright but pretty bog standard modern FPS campaign)

(spec ops the line is a poo poo fuckin game though. it makes you think you have the ability to make morally complex choices in the story but then just railroads you into committing war crimes and then has the nerve to berate you for committing war crimes.)

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

Kazinsal posted:

(spec ops the line is a poo poo fuckin game though. it makes you think you have the ability to make morally complex choices in the story but then just railroads you into committing war crimes and then has the nerve to berate you for committing war crimes.)

the only winning move is not to play

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cerv posted:

the only winning move is not to play

literally the response of the dev when called out on this

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
I’m sorry the game about pretending to be a trained killer slaughtering hundreds of human beings without a second thought had the cheek, the utter gall, to suggest to you that possibly this is not a good deed, op

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Kazinsal posted:

:thejoke:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

haveblue posted:

literally the response of the dev when called out on this

lmao excellent, cause i've never played spec ops the line

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

lol call of duty, the game series that has promoted and even employed war criminals like ollie north

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Lutha Mahtin posted:

lol call of duty, the game series that has promoted and even employed war criminals like ollie north

i've always avoided any game where you play a soldier in a bdu in a desert environment where you kill middle easterners

from counter strike on, never touch the things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing
Divya Deshmukh (born December 9, 2005) is an Indian chess Woman International Master (2020) hailing from the state of Maharashtra.[2] She was part of the gold medal-winning Chess Olympiad team. She is ranked No. 2 in Indian girls chess. She is also very cute.