Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Without looking it up or reverse searching what do you think this amazing Amazon prime deal is for?

Refrigerant sniffer???

Amazon has good for poo poo I hardly ever use but am hosed if I need it and don't have it. Such as GENESIS brand heat gun.

My best example of Amazon being choc full of trash appliances was the SUNJOE brand power washers, but I'm pretty sure Home Depot is buying en masse from Amazon and marking the prices up, as they carry the exact same power washer now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Given the name and uh, drawing, is it...is it a 'cold air' gun? Like a hair-dryer in reverse?

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
prime day is pissing me off.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cgXZbZ-t6Y

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Without looking it up or reverse searching what do you think this amazing Amazon prime deal is for?

It's an air blower. You want a datavac.

edit: Yep I was right alternative to compressed gas dusters.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Jun 21, 2021

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
more like sub-prime day, am I rite?

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit

Bonzo posted:

more like sub-prime day, am I rite?

Brother its not even that. Im punching the wall rn

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bezos in a private jet, flying to an important business meeting, making out with his own mother to pass the time.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Bezos in a private jet, flying to an important business meeting, making out with his own mother to pass the time.

As is his wont

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i Bought some cheap slacks on sale because I'm fatter now and have to go back in to office in July lol

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Sucking the poo poo right out of my rear end

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Inept posted:

they probably meant buying a hacked email account

Who said anything about hacked email accounts? They are just garbage .edu accounts from lovely schools like Mt. San Antonio College... I even still have access to the email account almost a year later...

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Jeff Bezos: The Becoming

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

I don’t know, but it looks like I won’t be able to become high off it like this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl2ustwRJ1Y&t=21s

I know, it’s a rechargeable duster. Worthless, because I won’t temporarily transform into satan.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Luv to put obsolete versions of company branded hardware "on sale" to clear out stale and dead inventory.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bezos gets his penis caught in an ATM machine, fire crews show up with the jaws of life to pry him out. “I thought that’s how these things worked, I usually don’t walk amongst the peasants but it’s prime day” he says to his visibly blushing mother.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Who said anything about hacked email accounts? They are just garbage .edu accounts from lovely schools like Mt. San Antonio College... I even still have access to the email account almost a year later...

how do you think they're getting the accounts

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Last year (and in 2019) the "jesus christ, why are there so many of these?" medical devices on Prime Day was TENS units. This year it appears to be otoscopes (ear wax scoopers with cameras that require you to install a lovely malware app to your phone to use).

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

13Pandora13 posted:

Last year (and in 2019) the "jesus christ, why are there so many of these?" medical devices on Prime Day was TENS units. This year it appears to be otoscopes (ear wax scoopers with cameras that require you to install a lovely malware app to your phone to use).

Whoa 19.99 for 10 speculums? :eyepoop:

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Congrats you guys got the piece of poo poo electronics duster. Now here's some more piece of poo poo electronics to guess what it does:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Congrats you guys got the piece of poo poo electronics duster. Now here's some more piece of poo poo electronics to guess what it does:

reptile repellant

Jove Tone
Jan 12, 2006

I bought this shirt

Yay!
Dec 21, 2018

lovely mosquito killer.

Yay!
Dec 21, 2018

Yay! posted:

lovely mosquito killer.

I win the prize, is it a lovely mosquito?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Yay! posted:

I win the prize, is it a lovely mosquito?

gj you win the prize which is some amazon electronics

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Fun fact, all you need to get the Student Amazon Prime is access to a .edu email address. Which you can buy on Ebay for $1. Also works for the student rate Amazon Music :smug:

Are you sure about this? I still have access to my .edu address but Amazon's site says this:

quote:

To continue student prime membership, Please send an email with your proof of enrollment (any document) which includes your name, college name and current term details, as an attachment to amazon-student-verification@amazon.com from the email address associated with your account.​

If you submit your documentation and it meets our criteria, we will then charge you the $59.00 discounted Prime rate and re-enroll you in Prime Student and refund your regular Prime membership charges for remaining days.

You can send any from the below options:

* Your student ID displaying the current term or an expiration date; just a student ID number is not valid

* Your transcript or class list with your name, your university’s name and the current term on it

* Your tuition bill with your name, your university’s name and the current term on it

* An official acceptance letter for the upcoming term (must include matriculation date)​

How did you get around all that?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Amazing advancement in technology

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Plucky Jeff Bezos, who began Amazon with only a dream in a garage and a $300,000 loan from his dad

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Are you sure about this? I still have access to my .edu address but Amazon's site says this:

gonna need an update on this

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Looking through the deals, I saw exactly what I was looking for:

But then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw one of THESE and knew I couldn't invest my money on anything else.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Possible they have updated their checks on it since August of last year.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

the only thing I ever bought on prime day was the instant pot like 3 years ago and that was really clutch so maybe you guys should buy one of those

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I did actually end up buying a golf range finder which was on sale for 79, off from 129 and has some cool features.
I've never really wanted one since I grew up caddying and it's a stubborn point of honor for me to be good about calling yardage when I play, but gently caress it. This thing gives you exact yardage to the pin, tells what angle above/below it you are, and then tells you the adjusted drat difference between the two and like hell I'm doing that math in my head.
Plus it 'rumbles' when it locks onto the pin so you know when it 'sees' it, which is a nice feature that usually only the pricier ones have.

In case anyone is wondering "That's bullshit, you can't hit a flag stick from that far away", and you don't play golf, golf flag sticks have these on them now:

So when they get 'sprayed' by the rangefinder it bounces it back to them. Fancy, huh?

e: Here's what the display looks like through the scope:

Neat huh?

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 22, 2021

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

I mean poo poo even if you went to home depot or whatever your local hardware store is and you buy their bitch rear end house brand stuff it's all gonna suck, I mean christ just pick up like one open ended wrench and it feels like it's made from melted down soda cans that some one sand-casted as a high school shop project and then go pick up some decent name brand one of the same size. This isn't amazons fault that you're dumb.

Guys I'm lookin' at 2 different 65in tvs here, one costs about $399 and the other one is just over $1000 but the pricier one is a Sony and has tons of cool features and a warranty, but man this cheap one is made by 'Flurb' and says "Yes" in the product the description you think this is a great idea???

this is my favorite post by you to date, BBC

keep up the good work and you'll get that flurb someday

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Big Beef City posted:

I did actually end up buying a golf range finder which was on sale for 79, off from 129 and has some cool features.
I've never really wanted one since I grew up caddying and it's a stubborn point of honor for me to be good about calling yardage when I play, but gently caress it. This thing gives you exact yardage to the pin, tells what angle above/below it you are, and then tells you the adjusted drat difference between the two and like hell I'm doing that math in my head.
Plus it 'rumbles' when it locks onto the pin so you know when it 'sees' it, which is a nice feature that usually only the pricier ones have.

In case anyone is wondering "That's bullshit, you can't hit a flag stick from that far away", and you don't play golf, golf flag sticks have these on them now:

So when they get 'sprayed' by the rangefinder it bounces it back to them. Fancy, huh?

e: Here's what the display looks like through the scope:

Neat huh?

I play golf maybe twice a year but :eyepop: I want it

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

poverty goat posted:

the only thing I ever bought on prime day was the instant pot like 3 years ago and that was really clutch so maybe you guys should buy one of those

Do they have an air fryer/lipitor combo on discount?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Internet controversy and skepticism surrounding a triple vaginal, triple anal film premiering on prime that NOBODY CAN SEEM TO DOWNLOAD PAST THE BJ SCENE. Where is Bezos mother even putting her legs? Nobody knows, nobody can even draw a functioning diagram or a CAD MODEL! :argh:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just ordered a hair product, LED strip lights for under my kitchen cabinets, and a veggie chopper.

The LED lights were only $7.99 so that's cool.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Pennywise the Frown posted:

, and a veggie chopper.

You’ll be chopping your worries away, chop chopping your worries away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

When do you reckon Alibaba will buy Amazon

e: I guess Amazon is considerably more valuable :patriot:

Smugworth fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 22, 2021