Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Splicer posted:

Did she go in the pool :ohdear:
She did not embrace the grey and crossed the prismatic bridge.

Habbo Hotel was 20 years ago, gently caress I'm old :geno:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Torkbuzz sounds like a slang term for drugs on a Disney Channel show.

Like Jungle Jangle, Fizzle Rocks and G from Riverdale.

Please, please, don’t ask me how I know this.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

im starting a restaurant for magicians wherein heely-wearing dogs serve soup via tubes

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Late Fees posted:

im starting a restaurant for magicians wherein heely-wearing dogs serve soup via tubes

Can I rent the place for my double wedding?

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

CannonFodder posted:

She did not embrace the grey and crossed the prismatic bridge.

Habbo Hotel was 20 years ago, gently caress I'm old :geno:

The path is grey.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

HMS Beagle posted:

Can I rent the place for my double wedding?

i guess making your friendship disappear counts as magic, i'll allow it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Still thinking about that guy who thinks his ex really died. Watching Revenge of the Sith and just bawling with flashbacks.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
AITA for refusing to pay for my Half Sisters Plastic surgery, from our family health fund?

quote:

I try to give all details you maybe need, feel free to ask questions. All names are changed.

I (32M) born from my mother "Clara"'s (57) infidelity, she is married to Greg.

I have 4 siblings(A-36F,B-34F,C-26F,D-24F).

My Grandparents have raised me, because Greg refused to raise another man's Child and there was no paternity Test needed, because I was a Mixed child, so my Father has to be Black(I never met him don't even knew his Name).

My Grandma was an American-Italian Housewife, she was clearly my Caretaker and for me my only Mama, Grandpa was a very strict but also caring man and is/was always an Idol to me.

Both My Grandparents were furious to my Mother, not only because of her cheating, but because she abounded me.

This situation led to my grandparents decision to make me the only one who inherit almost everything.

My Grandma died with 64 from a heart attack and grandpa died with 71 lung cancer.

Grandpa had a life insurance, I was the only beneficiary almost 300k$, I got the house I was raised in marked value ~280k$ and last grandpa created a Family fund with 400k$, I had to manage it.

The Rules for this fund are Simple, I can use it only for Emergency (Health, crises like now) and only for me and my half Siblings. Clara and Greg are not included in this fund.

Until now, I have paid for A's IVF for her fertility issues (nearly 40k$, her health insurance hasn't covered it) and C's Appendix removal (15K$, health insurance has covered a great part ).

So far no Problems.

But D Plans to have Plastic surgerys, a whole package of it, Breast, Nose ,Hips and more (It would erase nearly the half what is left in the fund).

I refused because it is not an Emergency. I would be ok with paying for Plastic Surgery if IT IS NEEDED, example if an accident happened, but she just wants her makeover for her Boyfriend.

Of course, we had an Argument which was not so pretty, and they threaten to Sue me. They had sued me before, but grandpa had made sure everything is totally fine.

So AITA, if I stand on my Feet?

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
AITA for making a "mad wall" in the bar I work, with pictures of people who tried to take their anger out at the bartenders?

quote:

I'm a bartender along with Jen and Mikey, and sometimes we have really angry problem customers. We have security cameras at the bar and recently my coworkers and I grabbed some stills of the people who got the most mad for no reason.

We stuck them on the wall next to the "smile you're on camera" sign and when someone acts obnoxious now we are all like "do you wanna be on the wall? It's not a good look, bro."

Anyway a guy i was casually seeing, joe, comes to the bar and he gets in some stupid disagreement with Mikey, who tells him to cut it out or he's going on the wall.

Joe told me that it was hosed up to threaten people with that, it's a small town, being forever embarrassed like that where everyone in town can see can have a effect on people's jobs and family and stuff like that.

I was like "oh well guess they can stay mad enough to stay outta here then" and he told me that I was being a petty person and that if my coworker ever put up a picture of him he'd be coming in to take it down.

I told him maybe he should go, and it was super awkward

AITA for having the "mad wall" in the bar?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for making a "mad wall" in the bar I work, with pictures of people who tried to take their anger out at the bartenders?

That rules

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Late Fees posted:

I will only go if I can have my entree delivered via pneumatic tube.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Lemniscate Blue posted:

AITA for refusing to pay for my Half Sisters Plastic surgery, from our family health fund?

My Grandma was an American-Italian Housewife
My Grandma died with 64 from a heart attack and grandpa died with 71 lung cancer.
if I stand on my Feet?

What language is the OP a native speaker of, Italian?

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Evil Willow posted:

Lol at the guy who thinks that the bartenders shaming folks for bad behavior is a bigger deal than the actual bad behavior.

Small town rumor mills can absolutely be lovely and unfair. But acting like enough of a hothead to earn a bad rep in your local bar is a little different than some nosy neighbors stirring the pot. You can't mistreat people and then expect them to keep that to themselves.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

deety posted:

Lol at the guy who thinks that the bartenders shaming folks for bad behavior is a bigger deal than the actual bad behavior.

Small town rumor mills can absolutely be lovely and unfair. But acting like enough of a hothead to earn a bad rep in your local bar is a little different than some nosy neighbors stirring the pot. You can't mistreat people and then expect them to keep that to themselves.
I think you'll find I was paying to be drunk and thus deserve to be insulated from the consequences of my actions by my protected status as both a patron and drunk person

Can you imagine how people would treat me if they knew how I acted in a small town's public space? Not cool.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

kimbo305 posted:

What language is the OP a native speaker of, Italian?

Lol

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
My boyfriend [33/m]is the “guy who plays guitar at parties”, and I’m starting to think it might be a dealbreaker. Any advice?

quote:

Hi, and thanks in advance for any help with this! My boyfriend and I have been dating for 4 years and living together for most of that time. When we first met, he told me he liked to play guitar, sing, and write his own music. I didn’t really feel one way or the other about it.

We went on a weekend trip with some mutual friends after we’d been dating for a month and he brought his guitar and took many opportunities to play it and sing. I was still infatuated at this point and found it kind of charming, if also a bit attention-seeking. We went to his friend’s place a few months later, and were all hanging out chatting, and my boyfriend would randomly take out his guitar and start playing and singing while we were all trying to talk. I found this very awkward and uncomfortable, but chalked it up to just one of his personality quirks.

Well, it’s been a few years now and we live together, and I can now hardly even stand it when this kind of thing happens. He practices guitar a fair amount, which is fine, but he’s not very good. He sometimes sings along, and starts singing REALLY loudly, basically yelling, at some points, and I find this so cringey that I sometimes physically have to leave the room (mercifully he’s usually not singing along). We had a friend over a few weeks ago and they were talking about music, and my boyfriend pulls out his guitar (I felt dread upon seeing this) and just… aborts the conversation by playing guitar and singing a couple songs loudly. His friend looked so…. Baffled, but was stuck there and had to listen. I felt SO physically uncomfortable that I literally had to make an excuse to leave the room and flee, only returning when my boyfriend had finished and called out “hey, where’d you go? Did you not like my singing?” I came back and said that of course I liked it (he’s very easily offended if I make any comment about the guitar or singing).

We went out camping recently and he took the opportunity to sit by the fire and play his guitar and sing and I again felt so uncomfortable and annoyed that I could hardly stand it and wished we had never gone camping at all, so this pops up quite a bit. Maybe I’m overreacting, but I find it so drat cringey and self-serving to assume everyone around you just wants to sit and listen to you.

He’s very sensitive about this type of thing and has gotten upset when I’ve made very small comments about not wanting to hear the guitar for a bit or even just saying I prefer hearing the guitar without singing. There are other things about him that I find a bit cringey as well, but this is by far the worst. How can I talk to him about in a way that won’t deeply offend him? Or are we just completely incompatible? Has anyone else been through this? Thanks in advance!

TL;DR: boyfriend is obnoxious with singing and playing guitar and I can barely stand it.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
In my experience of going to parties and my shortlived time getting guitar lessons and just dicking around for fun, these guys can never play barre chords. Like they are never going to break out the guitar and wow you with a perfect rendition of Classical Gas. I hope this lady likes classic rock and other songs that can be played in the G, A, and B chords becuase that's what she's going to have to deal with for the rest of her life.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

no you are the rear end in a top hat for making a loving connect the dots puzzle out all the people involved

also LB is an rear end in a top hat for posting another one of these loving no name stories involving a dozen people

esh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

How do you date a guitar guy after college? I thought everyone caught that disease and then was inoculated. Oh god is it like Shingles where if you catch it as an adult you'll end up at open mic nights for them?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
If you are anywhere besides a camp fire where everyone is stoned as poo poo just chuck a beer bottle at them and shout, "Boo! Get off the stage!" I promise you it will be scary at first and you're going to hurt their feelings, but give the crowd a second to realize "He's right, this does suck and I hate it."

You will be a hero.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Me, from the back: "More like Classical rear end!"

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

:laffo:
I(29) paid an electrician to swap out our light bulbs for LEDs. Fiance (29f) makes fun of me but I detect genuine anger and hostility that I'm not handy at all. What can I do about this?

quote:

So for some backstory, my fiancé and I were raised very differently. My parents way of solving problems was to “call the guy” while her dad was a Master Officer in the Navy and literally did everything himself. We both brought this to the relationship and it has caused issues.

She had to go out of town for 3 weeks and while she was gone I read a blog about how much money we could save by using LED bulbs over regular bulbs. I told her about and she said that she had a plan for this already so I thought she was on board.

The next day I called an electrician and he said he could do it, quited me the price and I agreed. So he did it, I paid him and thought all was good.

Wife got home and immediately started making fun of me and demonstrated how easy it is to switch out lights. I honestly had no idea and even now that I do know I still don’t know if I would do it myself.

I can take the joking but I detect a real sense of hostility behind her jokes. Almost like she’s embarrassed of me. She made a joke just now that it would have been cheaper to fly her dad into rewire the house than it would be for me to hire the electrician. I told her I didn’t appreciate being compared to her dad. She joked that she was glad I didn’t get my skirt dirty during the daunting light bulb project.

Now I’m posting here. What should I do about this?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Malkof posted:

I(29) paid an electrician to swap out our light bulbs for LEDs. Fiance (29f) makes fun of me but I detect genuine anger and hostility that I'm not handy at all. What can I do about this?

quote:

It has electricity and I didn’t want to screw around with that

quote:

It was all the bulbs in the house so maybe 30 or 40? I’m not sure. I paid him and his assistant $650 for parts and labor. I eat out almost every meal. And seriously?

quote:

It’s electricity and involves tools, I truly had no idea.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

on the one hand everyone just has one of those total lapses of judgement sometimes, and then you have a funny story to share with friends, on the other hand he's dumb enough to post it on reddit and get offended, so maybe he's actually a moron?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Malkof posted:

I had to go find the part that matters:

quote:

It was all the bulbs in the house so maybe 30 or 40? I’m not sure. I paid him and his assistant $650 for parts and labor. I eat out almost every meal. And seriously?

I don’t know it took them most of the day

Amazing how many grifts exist that I would never in a million years even conceive of.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Malkof posted:

Why did she marry you? Why would she ever want to... $650 for lightbulbs didn't phase you at all. You've got money.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

"didn't wanna screw with that" lmao it must be a joke right?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

If you're rich as poo poo the fact he knows "don't gently caress with electricity" is an amazing level of awareness I did not anticipate

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
How many fiances does it take to screw in an LED lightbulb?

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I really want to know more about this situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RuNGtiRhKw

Barudak
May 7, 2007

cumshitter posted:

How many fiances does it take to screw in an LED lightbulb?

None, just like their wives they have a guy for that

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Malkof posted:

He's so useless she can't even keep up the charade for what has to be just an obscene inheritance and/or trust that poo poo is sitting on lol

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I always turn off the power at the electrical breaker before switching out a lightbulb. I also ground myself my touching a foil gum wrapper. You can't be too safe when switching out a light bulb.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

cumshitter posted:

I always turn off the power at the electrical breaker before switching out a lightbulb. I also ground myself my touching a foil gum wrapper. You can't be too safe when switching out a light bulb.

If you try using your hands instead it is a lot easier and there is less risk of electrocution.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Barudak posted:

If you're rich as poo poo the fact he knows "don't gently caress with electricity" is an amazing level of awareness I did not anticipate

tbf there might've also been some compatibility issues with switching to LED that could've required an electrician if it was a house built more than like 20 years ago

old switches and especially dimmer switches will typically need replacing to work properly with LED bulbs. and yeah while that's relatively simple wiring it's still loving around with the wall current and lotsa people aren't comfortable with that

i'm sure this guy has no idea if that's what they had to do, but if it took them all day, idk maybe

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

tbf there might've also been some compatibility issues with switching to LED that could've required an electrician if it was a house built more than like 20 years ago

old switches and especially dimmer switches will typically need replacing to work properly with LED bulbs. and yeah while that's relatively simple wiring it's still loving around with the wall current and lotsa people aren't comfortable with that

i'm sure this guy has no idea if that's what they had to do, but if it took them all day, idk maybe

$650 is a loving joke amount for a house's electrical work, they'd probably charge at least $300 just to replace a single outlet. It was absolutely just going around replacing bulbs in the house.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Think of the savings from those leds! shells out 650

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

therobit posted:

If you try using your hands instead it is a lot easier and there is less risk of electrocution.

I have enough torque in my rear end in a top hat to use it as a power drill but I don't want to wear it out. No matter how hard my husband gets on my case about finally hanging those pictures on the wall.

A gay man's rear end in a top hat is a thing of wonder. I can poo poo a wad of cum within 10 meters of any location on earth at a moment's notice, which is why I have a perpetual contract with the USAF. My rectal cavity accounts for the Coreolis effect, can detect magnetic north, and adds a stabilizing twist not unlike the rifling in a gun barrel. It is why the previous three presidents refer to me as Metal Rear LIquid.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
As a guy who is all thumbs, I was kinda sympathetic until that price. Lmao buddy, you got loving worked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Happitoo posted:

How to approach someone when the only time you see them is at their workplace?

Solid spoiler work, gets worse with each mouseover.

mmj posted:

Gee, why would somebody be wearing a mask these days? Surely it must be time to threaten lethal force!

The kids a weeb but

quote:

One guy called out to me. I looked over while I passed. He asked me what I was doing, I told him "nothing" and keep walking. He was probably a bit older than me and wearing a mask. I actually walked past him without issue. Afterwards, the other guy chimed in and said something along the lines of "My friend asked you a question"

this is absolutely on the list of 'things people say before they mug you'

massive spider fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jun 22, 2021