Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Goons Are Gifts)

Stoner Sloth

Goons Are Great posted:

buy the drugs an account imo

:actually: ive been here awhile now :colbert:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vim Fuego
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
what kinda drugs we gotta do to get back on a WAR footing here?

Ass-penny

This feels relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVkk6fH2u0Y

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Goons Are Great posted:

I don't know it's possible to become more drug than person but I'm willing to find out :thunkher:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Goons Are Gifts

let's conduct a joint experiment

Goons Are Gifts

hehehehehehe get it :2bong:

Patware

oh you mean like a weed cigarette

Goons Are Gifts

weed is illegal in byob tho so it cant be that

Ass-penny

My favorite euphemism for joint is jazz cigarette fashow

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Goons Are Great posted:

weed is illegal in byob tho so it cant be that

Oh boy I hope no one in BYOB decides to do a crime :ohdear:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Goons Are Great posted:

Who you think is :justpost:ing?

:h: sig by Prof. Crocodile:h:
:byodame:BYOB spells: Mutually Assured Kindness:byodame:

Goons Are Gifts

SNEAK ATTACK

hello LP!! again!! sally invited us here with a haiku so I decided to come over the sneaky way and just move over without even telling anyone in before

assemble crew, let's play let's visit LP again

cruft

Oh, sweet, what are we playin'?

IGgy IGsen

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Oh nice LP! Another one of my home forums

IGgy IGsen

Fun fact: for a long time I posted only in LP and I probably got like 9000 of my 4000 posts here.

biosterous

IGgy IGsen posted:

Fun fact: for a long time I posted only in LP and I probably got like 9000 of my 4000 posts here.

:same:

nut

In another life, I posted in LP. I even may have done an LP :twisted:.

LP is cool and good and i will still never forget the og Geop dark souls lps or MDickie wrestling LPs which were also incredible

IGgy IGsen

nut posted:

In another life, I posted in LP. I even may have done an LP :twisted:.

LP is cool and good and i will still never forget the og Geop dark souls lps or MDickie wrestling LPs which were also incredible

Geop's Dark Souls LP is an LP of legend. He's actually been doing Dark Souls II for the last five years. I'm not even kidding. That's how long it's been going.

Kaboom Dragoon

The greatest of feasts

IGgy IGsen posted:

Geop's Dark Souls LP is an LP of legend. He's actually been doing Dark Souls II for the last five years. I'm not even kidding. That's how long it's been going.

He had to go off and do an entire anime training arc in order to Get Gud enough to continue.

Son of Thunderbeast
I heard that way back when dark souls was new someone tried to do an LP and they were doing some yet-unheard-of speedrun strats, running past enemies, dashing for specific weapons, etc, and the LP thread got closed for not doing it right. Is that real and if so does anyone have a link because i want to see

IGgy IGsen

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I heard that way back when dark souls was new someone tried to do an LP and they were doing some yet-unheard-of speedrun strats, running past enemies, dashing for specific weapons, etc, and the LP thread got closed for not doing it right. Is that real and if so does anyone have a link because i want to see

I think that would have been celebrated more than anything.
Unless it did some of the arbitrary things you were not allowed to do at the time for no other reason than some ancient goon decree'd so.

The LP Forum has become much more open minded over the years.

nut

but is Devious Vacuum still LPing Girl Games...

frankenfreak

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

IGgy IGsen posted:

He's actually been doing Dark Souls II for the last five years.
I remember watching that for a long time, onion and all. :psyduck:

IGgy IGsen

frankenfreak posted:

I remember watching that for a long time, onion and all. :psyduck:
Well, it's active again now, so if you need something to watch you'll probably have a couple of hours worth of videos. They're currently going through the DLCs.

Son of Thunderbeast

IGgy IGsen posted:

I think that would have been celebrated more than anything.
Unless it did some of the arbitrary things you were not allowed to do at the time for no other reason than some ancient goon decree'd so.

The LP Forum has become much more open minded over the years.

Yeah I'm betting if it happened it was probably due to some kind of arbitrary rule thing. It's partly why I'm curious

I think my favorite LP from this place was an Animal Crossing LP that was set up like a mystery with a storyline and everything, that owned

Rocket Baby Dolls

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
Hello BYLPOB!

Amp

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
my favorite LP is the one about zizek and baseball

Dr. Chainsaws PhD

i thought laissez paire got replaced by that other forum :confused:

Ass-penny

I haven't lurked LP much. I do remember a Resident Evil 4 LP that was mostly still images and made up dialogue that was super funny. This was a long time ago tho.

Anyway hello LP friends.

SirSamVimes

~* Challenge *~

I didn't know it was possible to apply stylesheets to specific threads, this is great

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Like a lot of people LP is what got me into SA. My favourite forum memory is the Tipping 40s going 30 minutes to be one-hit away from killing Yunalesca only to be wiped by a poorly timed Mega-Death :laugh:

Jossar

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Hello, BYOB visitors!

I think over the years we've gotten more chill about most of the rules for doing an LP, though I spent a lot of that time lurking, so I can't confirm from first hand experience. Unless you count being able to get away with hijacking someone else's LP thread to finish an LP of the game (with their permission) as "experience."

cruft

These folks seem a lot more chill than the Imp Zone.

I still want to know what we're gonna play, though. Unless... we're already playing it? :iiam:

IGgy IGsen

Jossar posted:

Hello, BYOB visitors!

I think over the years we've gotten more chill about most of the rules for doing an LP, though I spent a lot of that time lurking, so I can't confirm from first hand experience. Unless you count being able to get away with hijacking someone else's LP thread to finish an LP of the game (with their permission) as "experience."

Hijacking LP threads is a proud tradition of LP, even the grandmod of LP Dawn, slowbeef, did it.

Yeah, LP definitely got more chill over time. There were a lot of arbitrary don'ts in the rules not too many years back but there were much more in the beginning. At the time there was a reason to do it that way but some of these conventions remained for longer than they needed to.

Now LP is one of the few sane subforums on SA.

IGgy IGsen

cruft posted:

These folks seem a lot more chill than the Imp Zone.

I still want to know what we're gonna play, though. Unless... we're already playing it? :iiam:

If you're here you're already playing because LP always be playing.

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
I remember the dark days of the LP Pokemon ban

nut

I remember the fear of posting in the sandcastle

Son of Thunderbeast
sorry I didn't mean to make the old draconian days the topic of discussion, I just wanted to know if anyone knew the dark souls LP I was talking about :shobon:

IGgy IGsen

First time I posted in the sandcastle they told me I suck even though I ruled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take the moon

by sebmojo

IGgy IGsen posted:

First time I posted in the sandcastle they told me I suck even though I ruled.

always a tough prob