Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hizke posted:

This was the wrong thread lol

gently caress it. funnier this way.

Greetings :mrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hizke posted:

This was the wrong thread lol

gently caress it. funnier this way.

lmao

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Saw Sekiro at a store today and had to talk myself out of it. Once was enough

shadows die twice

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Profaned Capital has got to be the most badass area name in all the souls games

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Quarterroys posted:

I wish it was way more fleshed out because it looks so cool, especially all the people frozen in attitudes of horror Pompeii-style

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Quarterroys posted:

Either that or Nightmare Frontier.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I wish it was way more fleshed out because it looks so cool, especially all the people frozen in attitudes of horror Pompeii-style

Yeah it's a problem with Souls games where some areas become b-lines to the bosses and you can easily miss the majority of the area

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Yeah I always felt like it had some connection to Mimics too, I wish we got some lore there

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Quarterroys posted:

Personally I think it's Fishing Hamlet.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Madman’s Knowledge

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

badass

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I read some of those back when they were still on the wiki and that guy was running at 99 insight

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Such is the fate of all true loreheads

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Reaverbot posted:

Madman’s Knowledge

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Reaverbot posted:

Madman’s Knowledge

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Reaverbot posted:

Madman’s Knowledge

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That grab and its hitboxes can get hosed.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Dancer was a fun fight but by the time you get to her i feel you are pretty overpowered for her.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

She's just super susceptible to hit and run because she doesn't chase at all

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i always fight dancer before vordt, and win.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

The pillars are great for avoiding her big swinging series of cuts when she is below <50%

Really cool boss overall, and I made the switch to Danced’s enchanted blades afterwards. The timing of the L1 swings is cool, and really satisfying to chain

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

Dancer was a fun fight but by the time you get to her i feel you are pretty overpowered for her.
Not sure I understand, she's pretty high level when you fight her right after Vordt

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I'm rusty and her second phase hosed me up a lot last night, I forgot how crazy the reach on her spins is. This is finally the playthrough where I will check out DLC2 though on god

edit: I did somehow gently caress up the Yuriel/Anri quest this time and they both disappeared, that's not going to cause me to miss anything important in the DLC right? I know there's a little extra dialogue relating to it in Ashes of Andariel but I've seen that before

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

goferchan posted:

I'm rusty and her second phase hosed me up a lot last night, I forgot how crazy the reach on her spins is. This is finally the playthrough where I will check out DLC2 though on god

edit: I did somehow gently caress up the Yuriel/Anri quest this time and they both disappeared, that's not going to cause me to miss anything important in the DLC right? I know there's a little extra dialogue relating to it in Ashes of Andariel but I've seen that before

No you're fine. I can't believe the NPC stories are still so buggy, Sirris disappeared for me completely after helping her kill Hodrick. Wtf you just had to move to Firelink that was literally the last step

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never had an issue with the npc questlines but the triggers are pretty obtuse. I used this website when I was going for the plat to do all the npc stuff

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
DS2 is great

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

No you're fine. I can't believe the NPC stories are still so buggy, Sirris disappeared for me completely after helping her kill Hodrick. Wtf you just had to move to Firelink that was literally the last step

the amount of times ive followed siegward's quest to the letter and he just no-shows the giant fight, or completely vanishes at some other point is insanely frustrating. theres a dude dissecting how the quests work and they use crude gigantic hitboxes to trigger events lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you can successfully save patches, the thief dude and siegward and it took people years to figure out exactly how and it doesn't work half the time

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
3 has the most finicky quest triggers and makes the least sense but that’s kind of a staple of the series so used to it now

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

extremebuff posted:

you can successfully save patches, the thief dude and siegward and it took people years to figure out exactly how and it doesn't work half the time

Even when you send him to rob Lothric or just Irithyll?

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Yeah I thought Greirat always dies in Lothric, wtf

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

oh i meant irythill. i could never get greirat to lothric when I followed the guides for that once it got figured out

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Over four runs of 3 I got the Patches bridge encounter at Cathedral of the Deep once, and on three of them I was specifically following a guide to trigger it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

multijoe posted:

Over four runs of 3 I got the Patches bridge encounter at Cathedral of the Deep once, and on three of them I was specifically following a guide to trigger it

the way he flips out if you killed the giant already ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

extremebuff posted:

the amount of times ive followed siegward's quest to the letter and he just no-shows the giant fight, or completely vanishes at some other point is insanely frustrating. theres a dude dissecting how the quests work and they use crude gigantic hitboxes to trigger events lol

lmao that's amazing