Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ganado Cafe: Cogelo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Aardvark! posted:

goons please give me numbers between 1 and 3147. That's how many rows are in the county spreadsheet I am keeping

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

61, 95, and whatever number Butte County Idaho is.

Think Less
Dec 29, 2016
White sauce is for chicken only, and it's pretty good

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/chicken-recipes/big-bob-gibsons-bama-birds-white-bbq-sauce-recipe/

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Cherokee County, Georgia - population 258k

County Seat: Canton

Canton is a pretty sizable city just north of Atlanta. Lots of New American/New Southern poo poo everywhere. This county is also home to a city named "Ball Ground"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I'll be damned.
I'ts a ham and pickle roll up served as a true goddamn appetizer. And even I can't figure out what they're saucing it with. Some kind of vinaigrette? That takes balls, man. Please tell me it's more pickle juice lovingly ladled over it before the chives get put on and they charge like $7.99 for it.

Also NO ONE looks happy to be on 'The Burger Bus'. You would think it'd take a special effort NOT to be happy on a burger bus. Yet here we are, Cherokee County..let's see here, ah, Georg- oh never mind.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pickle brine vinaigrette

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
q: should i make an effort to include pics showing what the nearby nature/lack of nature looks like, like the first 2 pics in the above?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Let's see if ye olde burgre busses website can help determine what that side/appetizer is, shall we?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's a nice contrast of the natural beauty of undisturbed nature and the essential banality of the human spirit

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
also note the mason jar cup in the ham roll up one. that's a perfect way to describe this entire county it seems like, full of lovely, too expensive kitsch, like somehow it's in the south and also trying too hard to appear to be in the south.

Overall I give this county a 2/10.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Also county 2216 after you do the next one that was asked for.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Aardvark! posted:

also note the mason jar cup in the ham roll up one. that's a perfect way to describe this entire county it seems like, full of lovely, too expensive kitsch, like somehow it's in the south and also trying too hard to appear to be in the south.

Overall I give this county a 2/10.
That's the perfect way to describe the suburban south entirely.

Mason jars are in the cup section of department stores. You can get them with the same little screen printed graphics you put on an adult booze sippy cup.

E. The ones you get from the cup section aren't even thick enough to heat can in. It's an obscene use of the form of something incredibly functional. You could write a paper on this poo poo.

zedprime fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 24, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

zedprime posted:

That's the perfect way to describe the suburban south entirely.

Mason jars are in the cup section of department stores. You can get them with the same little screen printed graphics you put on an adult booze sippy cup.

The next time you go to someone's house that has them (your own, drat) say "Hey can I borrow this?" and when they look confused shout "FOR CANNING, YOU BITCH" and whip it at their loving head and then leave. You won't have to go over there anymore. That's a pro Beefin' Tip of the Day for you.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

The next time you go to someone's house that has them (your own, drat) say "Hey can I borrow this?" and when they look confused shout "FOR CANNING, YOU BITCH" and whip it at their loving head and then leave. You won't have to go over there anymore. That's a pro Beefin' Tip of the Day for you.

i dont think i could ever see eye to eye with someone that specifically bought mason jars for drinking in their own home. that's just too far gone.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Aardvark! posted:

goons please give me numbers between 1 and 3147. That's how many rows are in the county spreadsheet I am keeping

Do Hillsdale County MI imo

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Aardvark! posted:

i dont think i could ever see eye to eye with someone that specifically bought mason jars for drinking in their own home. that's just too far gone.

They have a "Live, Laugh, Love" sign.
Somewhere. I know they do.
It's...it's in the guest bathroom and it's over the top of a little basket that's too small to do anything except hold towels you can't use our potpourri you can't smell.
e: No. NO it's worse. It's by a multi-framed set of pictures of them in black in white holding hands on a beach with words like 'MEMORIES...' and 'I SUCKED HIS DICK BEHIND THOSE ROCKS ON OUR FIRST DATE' in ornate font.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 24, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

'I SUCKED HIS DICK BEHIND THOSE ROCKS ON OUR FIRST DATE' in ornate font.

if they had this they actually would come back around to being cool again

Droogie
Mar 21, 2007

But what I do
I do
because I like to do.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

LostCosmonaut posted:

whatever number Butte County Idaho is.

Butte County, Idaho - population 2891. The third least-populous county in Idaho.

check out the file name on this:

i can't find any other pictures of whatever's going on here, anybody know?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Arco, ID

quote:

In town, the most striking physical feature is Number Hill, a rocky hill with numbers painted all over it. Butte County High School has a tradition of each class since 1920 painting its graduation year on the face of hill.

*whistles slowly through teeth*

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that was exactly my guess

dangerous and pointless tradition!

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

Arco, ID

*whistles slowly through teeth*

ohhhh. that picture was labeled as Butte City on google :tipshat:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I mean, I recognize I'm not from the world's most exciting place in the midwest and all, ok? But:
"The town's most striking feature is Number Hill, a rocky hill with numbers painted all over it"?

...jesus, that may about take the cake right there.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

high school graduating classes putting their years up (efb)

i passed through arco a few years ago:

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
"should we put them in order or...?"

"nah just pick a spot and get to painting"

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Eurogoons:

"Why don't you fuckers just build more public transport from town to town like NORMAL countries??"

There are entire STATES, plural, of THIS.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Aardvark! posted:

Butte County, Idaho - population 2891. The third least-populous county in Idaho.

check out the file name on this:

Blight

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Aardvark! posted:

this place pwns

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Barudak posted:

Ganado Cafe: Cogelo!

Lmao I was thinking the same thing.

What are ya eating, STRANGAH?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

southern idaho is one of the worst places on earth. the center, an impassable batholith, is spared because no one lives there

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

poo poo we can get to Jackson Hole in about 3 hours, but not after a plate of biscuits and gravy like that, momma.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

jackson hole is also terrible but for very different reasons, it's such a weird play western town for rich assholes.

by gorsh if you're lucky you might get to bump arms with dick cheney

nearby is the moulton barn, photograph (not mine) accompanied with a passage from the great book "white noise" by don delilo

quote:

Several days later Murray asked me about a tourist attraction known as the most photographed barn in America. We drove 22 miles into the country around Farmington. There were meadows and apple orchards. White fences trailed through the rolling fields. Soon the sign started appearing. THE MOST PHOTOGRAPHED BARN IN AMERICA. We counted five signs before we reached the site. There were 40 cars and a tour bus in the makeshift lot. We walked along a cowpath to the slightly elevated spot set aside for viewing and photographing. All the people had cameras; some had tripods, telephoto lenses, filter kits. A man in a booth sold postcards and slides -- pictures of the barn taken from the elevated spot. We stood near a grove of trees and watched the photographers. Murray maintained a prolonged silence, occasionally scrawling some notes in a little book.

"No one sees the barn," he said finally.

A long silence followed.

"Once you've seen the signs about the barn, it becomes impossible to see the barn."

He fell silent once more. People with cameras left the elevated site, replaced by others.

"We're not here to capture an image, we're here to maintain one. Every photograph reinforces the aura. Can you feel it, Jack? An accumulation of nameless energies."

There was an extended silence. The man in the booth sold postcards and slides.

"Being here is a kind of spiritual surrender. We see only what the others see. The thousands who were here in the past, those who will come in the future. We've agreed to be part of a collective perception. It literally colors our vision. A religious experience in a way, like all tourism."

Another silence ensued.

"They are taking pictures of taking pictures," he said.

He did not speak for a while. We listened to the incessant clicking of shutter release buttons, the rustling crank of levers that advanced the film.

"What was the barn like before it was photographed?" he said. "What did it look like, how was it different from the other barns, how was it similar to other barns?"

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jun 24, 2021

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

IIRC Jackson Hole is the zip code with the highest average net worth in the US.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Idk guys this pickle man is flirting with me hard

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Waterbed Wendy posted:

Idk guys this pickle man is flirting with me hard

im just imagining that pickle rubbing it's hands up and down it's squeaky body while going MmmmmMMmMMMMmm and it's making me HRORNY

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
He's leaning against a wall, legs spread wide, delicately tracing the bumps on his green flesh. the smell of brine makes my mouth water. He's hot garlic and I will do anything he asks just for a taste.

His wry smile and teddy bear eyes will haunt my dreams for years, decades.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

bellows lugosi posted:

southern idaho is one of the worst places on earth. the center, an impassable batholith, is spared because no one lives there

TIL the term "MEGACRYST" and I just wanted to thank you for that, OP.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

bellows lugosi posted:

nearby is the moulton barn, photograph (not mine) accompanied with a passage from the great book "white noise" by don delilo

:words:

This is why I hate touristy poo poo like Wisconsin Dells, Niagra Falls, that barn, I guess. That guy's got it exact. It's idiots looking at something because they're supposed to look at it, and I've always been told "Oh, but c'mon, it'll be fun, you gotta see <whatever>". Nah. I don't, really.
I'm sure the World's Largest Rubber Band Ball Museum will be there tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

i drink out of mason jars, but only the leftover-drip-turned-into-iced coffees i make

Big Beef City posted:

This is why I hate touristy poo poo like Wisconsin Dells, Niagra Falls, that barn, I guess. That guy's got it exact. It's idiots looking at something because they're supposed to look at it, and I've always been told "Oh, but c'mon, it'll be fun, you gotta see <whatever>". Nah. I don't, really.
I'm sure the World's Largest Rubber Band Ball Museum will be there tomorrow.

i pretty much agree with you, but the Dells and Niagara are like, pretty cool sounding natural wonders. i know they've sprouted touristy poo poo all around them but i still wanna go to like, see them

fake edit: "wonders" is probably not the right word lol but you know, like pretty nature poo poo :911: