Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

How do you get Monster Ecology reports?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

mabels big day posted:

How do you get Monster Ecology reports?

Kill tough monsters. Hinox, Lynels, Taloses.

I got like 15 of them by doing the Survival of the Fittest mission. That one's pretty dangerous though if you can't kill the monsters fast enough, so maybe do it on easy if you just want the materials.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
As also mentioned before, Unnatural Disaster will get you 4 Monster Ecology reports per run, it's a much safer level than Survival of the Fittest and you can clear it much quicker too (I can usually do it in about 3 and a half to 4 minutes on Normal).

Survival of the Fittest is more efficient though since you can easily get at least 10 if not 15 reports per run (I usually average around 20) as well as a decent amount of Material Component reports and even a couple of Battle Records to boot, and as a higher level than Unnatural Disaster you're likely to get better weapons on top of that. It is as mentioned though a much more dangerous level, you can't beat it quickly (since it's just "survive for ten minutes" no matter how many enemies you defeat) and it's easy to get overwhelmed, I know every time I've tried it I've used every single apple I have. Especially when the loving chuchus show up, it's rough.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alacron posted:

Kill tough monsters. Hinox, Lynels, Taloses.

I got like 15 of them by doing the Survival of the Fittest mission. That one's pretty dangerous though if you can't kill the monsters fast enough, so maybe do it on easy if you just want the materials.

Is this a dlc mission? I can't find it

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Yeah, it’s like level 80 I think.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alacron posted:

Yeah, it’s like level 80 I think.

I had to unlock the guardian first, which is what I was grinding for to begin with

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

mabels big day posted:

I had to unlock the guardian first, which is what I was grinding for to begin with

Whoops, my bad. It's hard to keep track of the unlock conditions for missions. :shobon:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I finally unlocked Calamity Ganon and the Guardian. :toot:

Motorcycle Zelda is insanely fun and I love that the in-universe explanation for it is “Zelda asked for it to be built because she thought it’d be cool”

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like that most of the upgrades are "Zelda was impressed by her own decision making-- the bike was indeed cool"

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They released a small patch to fix the glitch with raising weapon levels if you didn’t buy the DLC.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Warriors Dojo released his AoC tier list. Daruk is the worst character, Teba is the best character. I also learned that the Great Fairies did get nerfed and you can no longer stack their defense debuff, which is why they didn't make it into S tier. He also noted that even though Daruk is the worst character, he wasn't bad enough to make it into D tier, which means he's still much better than a good amount of HWDE characters. Mostly it's just his inability to dodge cancel out of his stasis rune that makes him the worst, if he could do that then he'd almost certainly rank higher than Riju, who's second worst.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdSCb15ulUs

The video, for those who want to watch it.

Man he really likes the Great Fairies in this game, which is pretty wild since he (rightfully) placed GF at the bottom of his HW:DE tier list.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Alacron posted:

Man he really likes the Great Fairies in this game, which is pretty wild since he (rightfully) placed GF at the bottom of his HW:DE tier list.

Yeah, but to be fair their movesets are nothing alike and the Great Fairies in this game have a lot of extremely strong abilities and can kill things from range forever while Great Fairy in the original couldn't do poo poo without getting hit with its awful hitbox since it was all melee and slow as hell.

I think the only thing I really disagree with him about is Revali, I think its much easier to not get hit than he implies and Revali can be absolutely stupid good (and has the best Stasis in the game).

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Twelve by Pies posted:

Warriors Dojo released his AoC tier list. Daruk is the worst character, Teba is the best character. I also learned that the Great Fairies did get nerfed and you can no longer stack their defense debuff, which is why they didn't make it into S tier. He also noted that even though Daruk is the worst character, he wasn't bad enough to make it into D tier, which means he's still much better than a good amount of HWDE characters. Mostly it's just his inability to dodge cancel out of his stasis rune that makes him the worst, if he could do that then he'd almost certainly rank higher than Riju, who's second worst.

Some of his choices are weird to me. I'd say Impa really belongs in S and 2 hand sword needs to be moved up a lot, as well as the king. You can say they don't mess with weakpoint smashes as well as others, but like

They don't need to- they put out enough damage to just raw murder everything.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Has anyone else noticed a stealth buff to 2H Link? It seems he gets added slowdown, that you can do a dodge during, if he's going to be hit and lose his temp hearts, and I don't remember it doing this before?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Zore posted:

I think the only thing I really disagree with him about is Revali, I think its much easier to not get hit than he implies and Revali can be absolutely stupid good (and has the best Stasis in the game).

Yeah I feel Revali's stasis alone should put him at the top of C tier at the absolute lowest. I mean, I get it, Revali's ground game loving sucks, but I feel even with that he can put out a ton of damage compared to Hestu who has a lot of range issues where you can be too close/far with his attacks.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Some of his choices are weird to me. I'd say Impa really belongs in S and 2 hand sword needs to be moved up a lot, as well as the king. You can say they don't mess with weakpoint smashes as well as others, but like

They don't need to- they put out enough damage to just raw murder everything.

I don't think Impa is particularly broken enough to be put in S, purely because she does have problems forcing WPG and suffers in one-on-one battles where it's harder to get full rune charges. I agree with him that she belongs at the top of A tier but she's nowhere near as ridiculous as Guardian's C6 (or just laser strafe spam) and Teba as a whole.

e: Though I definitely agree that 2H Link should be moved up since his damage is really good, and the King has WPG problems of his own since only the last hit of his most powerful charge moves forces out WPG, I feel like that's enough of a downside to put him lower.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ardryn posted:

Has anyone else noticed a stealth buff to 2H Link? It seems he gets added slowdown, that you can do a dodge during, if he's going to be hit and lose his temp hearts, and I don't remember it doing this before?

That's his post-game upgrade for 2h weapons, you must have recently bought it. Every character gets a fun post game buff like that to their unique actions.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Zore posted:

That's his post-game upgrade for 2h weapons, you must have recently bought it. Every character gets a fun post game buff like that to their unique actions.

I must just not have used 2H Link since I finished playing back when the game came out, or the slowdown on co-op mode was just so bad that I didn't notice the upgrade's effect.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

I lucked into a bunch of ++ Attack speed seals for Link and slapped them into the biggest 2 handed sword I could find, and it carried me all the way. Force the gauge, beat on them, and even if it doesn't break, you stagger them and are already back at C6 for more murder. Having a dedicated "I don't have to respect you" button just makes all of that nonsense even better.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Between 2H Link and Teba the battlefield just kinda turns to a red smear.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think Kohga is a little too low, personally he's in A tier next to slate Zelda. I also think Daruk is a few spaces higher, better than riju and spear link. I don't care that his stasis sucks, he can be almost completely invincible if you know how to abuse his protection

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I feel like there's a lot of confirmation bias that everyone gets with their faves. Like, yes I would personally put Daruk higher and find him more effective than Hestu, but I also have spent so much time playing as him that his weapon is like 20 levels higher than Hestu's and has 3 Attack Speed seals and that's probably influencing my opinion.

Clearly the only solution is for me to get level 50 weapons on every character. :v:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I gave Hestu multiple attack speed + traits on a high powered weapon and he owns. Koroks on crack.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

It's surprisingly difficult to collect keese wings in Age of Calamity. Do any of you remember stages or missions with a lot of them?

Hearty Salmon too actually but that's less surprising...

The Golux fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jul 4, 2021

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe

The Golux posted:

It's surprisingly difficult to collect keese wings in Age of Calamity. Do any of you remember stages or missions with a lot of them?

Hearty Salmon too actually but that's less surprising...

Maybe Daruk's recruitment mission? Though I can't remember if those were regular or Fire Keese.

There just aren't a lot of keese in general in this game, not helped that they also divided them into 4 types all with different drops.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
The missions in the Yiga hideout were where I went when I needed vanilla keese wings. I don’t know if it’s the best place but there’s a decent number of groups of them scattered around the map.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Alacron posted:

It's kind of funny to define C as average and then put no one below it. I guess compared to Musou games in general there are no truly bad characters.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I finally unlocked Battle-tested Guardian. The boss fight to unlock it was awesome. The character is ok, kind of clunky but probably really powerful with a weapon that has more than 11 attack lol

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I lost my mind when the fight against the Battle-Tested Guardian started and it dodged out of the way of the laser I had reflected back at it

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Battle Tested Guardian might be the best character in the game. It's obscenely good at basically everything.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

You can reflect Guardian lasers in this game?!? I probably knew that when the game first came out but then forgot, since I took a long break before picking it up again for the DLC.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

So… Survival of the Fittest is quite a mission, huh?

I did it with Shiekah Slate Zelda but just barely, holy poo poo that was hard. I thought I was ok then a Malice Lynel spawned with a minute left lol

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Yeah you gotta be on point for the whole mission, use your wands to expose weakpoints and special attacks to hit groups of bosses.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I finally unlocked Battle-tested Guardian. The boss fight to unlock it was awesome. The character is ok, kind of clunky but probably really powerful with a weapon that has more than 11 attack lol

I'm glad the Forgotten Temple got a map. It's probably my favorite location in BotW and I want to know more about it and for them to do more cool things with it.

Alacron posted:

Battle Tested Guardian might be the best character in the game. It's obscenely good at basically everything.

It's hard to choose between it and Teba to be sure, I personally feel Teba edges it out but that may just be because I got extremely lucky with the weapons I've gotten for him and he has all Midair Attack Bonus seals that are all over 10%, so he's an absolute monster.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You can reflect Guardian lasers in this game?!? I probably knew that when the game first came out but then forgot, since I took a long break before picking it up again for the DLC.

Mostly characters with shields, which is 1H Link, Urbosa and Riju, you have to guard and then press Y at the right time. I probably used to know the timing but I've completely lost it after not having played for a few months until the DLC dropped.

There's a couple of other characters that can reflect Guardian lasers I think but they do it in a different way, I want to say Daruk and Yunobo, probably based on the Daruk's Protection stuff? And maybe one more.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Mostly characters with shields, which is 1H Link, Urbosa and Riju, you have to guard and then press Y at the right time. I probably used to know the timing but I've completely lost it after not having played for a few months until the DLC dropped.

There's a couple of other characters that can reflect Guardian lasers I think but they do it in a different way, I want to say Daruk and Yunobo, probably based on the Daruk's Protection stuff? And maybe one more.

I think one of Zelda's new Master Cycle variants can.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Twelve by Pies posted:

Fortified Flail can reflect with C1.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Once you get his full combo string unlocked you can win/stunlock anything in the game by locking on, doing C6, doing C2 and dodge-canceling out of it after it starts up, and just repeating that or adding in more lasers to taste. The Dojo guy cottoned on to this and he put him in the overpowered tier of his list right under Teba. Also there's something very satisfying about being the rear end in a top hat who keeps lasering everything with its dashing C1.

Yummy Dead Cow
Nov 15, 2010

A yummy in every bite!
Has the FPS issue ever been addressed since release? I remember this game running pretty bad when the demo came out but I’ve been having an itch to play a warriors game lately.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

The framerate drops sometimes but the game doesn’t slow down or anything, it’s really not that bad.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The framerate drops sometimes but the game doesn’t slow down or anything, it’s really not that bad.

It is that bad in one of the final levels where you have to fight six lynels at once along with a bunch of activated Lizalfos. It was like I was watching a powerpoint presentation at some points, and that's not an exaggeration, it seriously was that bad.

It's only that one level though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Twelve by Pies posted:

It is that bad in one of the final levels where you have to fight six lynels at once along with a bunch of activated Lizalfos. It was like I was watching a powerpoint presentation at some points, and that's not an exaggeration, it seriously was that bad.

It's only that one level though.

Oh yeah, that mission specifically is really bad and there’s slowdown, you’re right. But like, 99% of the time if there are issues the framerate gets choppy but there’s no slowdown. It sucks but it’s not like it makes the game unplayable.