Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Objurium
Aug 8, 2009

munce posted:

Can't remeber if this one has been posted before, but its weird.

Story from youtube:
Video was made by the US military in the Kandahar province of Afghanistan in 2011. Recorded from a surveillance tower using a night vision fire control system. Four UFOs appeared over the mountains and released garlands of smaller objects down.
A Warthog was called, the A-10 plane attacked two of the four objects, but when the smoke from the explosions cleared, it became clear that the attack did not inflict harm to objects and they didn’t even move a centimeter from their places.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdMJalLRGwc

I think I saw someone mention that this is just an aerial gunnery course using flares on balloons to provide fighters heat signature locks for Sidewinders or some poo poo. Also that's some kind of thermal system so some amount of material being burnt off the flare accounts for that weird "drip" thing they're doing.

E: lovely snipe aliens real.

I listened to that Event Horizon episode with Avi Loeb and while it's nothing new, I appreciate that there's now some vocal "mainstream" scientists (even if Loeb is a bit of a blacksheep) pushing to get the data out of the hands of intelligence agencies and into those of actual sciencemans - or failing that, they'll do it themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

space chandeliers
Apr 8, 2008

I think this is a plausible scenario. I added some critical details to the timeline:

Phase I - admit UFOs are real

And also ask for more money on space defense spending because we have no idea if they are hostile or not.

Phase II - admit they are not some sort of US secret black ops

And also ask for more money on space defense spending because we have no idea if they are hostile or not.

Phase III - admit they are not China or Russia

Phase IV - allow everyone to percolate on the above long enough to do the math for themselves

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Zisky posted:

It's such a good movie and it's really a shame that Spielberg didn't have another cerebral film in him.

Duel was the closest he got to that, otherwise.

I wish he had made Night Skies, his cattle mutilation slash Bad ET treatment

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
I also hope y'all have been studying the reading:

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

yo if an aliens been watchin jack off this whole time yo? thats messed up bro

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aliens are real

We are going to be told by the defacto world superpower today

Just loving

What

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Honestly, I think if there isn't anything new or high def or remarkable in the report I'm going to stop giving a poo poo about UFOs. It was a fun run but this is definitely a rabbit hole that can really suck you in. Literally nobody gives a poo poo if I give a poo poo about UFOs though and everything is meaningless so I'll probably just start watching the x files or something I heard its good

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

uncle sam gonna hit us with the uuuuap

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Lampsacus posted:

Honestly, I think if there isn't anything new or high def or remarkable in the report I'm going to stop giving a poo poo about UFOs. It was a fun run but this is definitely a rabbit hole that can really suck you in. Literally nobody gives a poo poo if I give a poo poo about UFOs though and everything is meaningless so I'll probably just start watching the x files or something I heard its good

that's what they're counting on

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

oh hell ya

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

“Based on the limited data we have it seems that Alf was closest to the truth. cat owners need to be vigilant”

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Endless Trash posted:

“Based on the limited data we have it seems that Alf was closest to the truth. cat owners need to be vigilant”

It seems that smoking crack is our only option

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Aliens are real

We are going to be told by the defacto world superpower today

Just loving

What

usually big, world-altering news takes a while for my brain to fully integrate and accept as reality. like the morning after the night the sports died was when covid finally became "real" for me and not a thing from the forums

that hasn't happened for me with the uap stuff yet. and i've TRIED to make it click

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Maybe this whole thing has been to generate chatter and single out individuals who would pose a threat to a smoothly surreptitious takeover by extraterrestrial forces

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

The Protagonist posted:

Maybe this whole thing has been to generate chatter and single out individuals who would pose a threat to a smoothly surreptitious takeover by extraterrestrial forces

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

Whatever happens tomorrow doesn't change things, but checking out if you have to isn't a bad thing

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

The Protagonist posted:

any rebellious feelings will shrivel and die when they see the size of these cigars :shittypop:

im a sicko who'd love to see something like that just hanging out in the sky

Tekne has issued a correction as of 05:32 on Jun 25, 2021

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I can't wait to be a part of a plucky band if resistance fighters sneaking our way into the mothership and winning against all odds.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

cant wait for the abduction class action suit

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

If whatever "they" are is hostile I'd prefer to just die and figure out what that means

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

apatheticman posted:

I can't wait to be a part of a plucky band if resistance fighters sneaking our way into the mothership and winning against all odds.
THY STAFF has a decentralized power supply and even taking out one of its countless reactors wouldn't disable the flagship

Tekne has issued a correction as of 05:56 on Jun 25, 2021

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

just make sure you do NOT have any clothes on at any point tomorrow, or things could get messy

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

WEH posted:

Whatever happens tomorrow doesn't change things, but checking out if you have to isn't a bad thing
thanks mate. its been fun posting with you all, especially your/others unattributed weird footage .flvs and such. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them isn't attributed/confirmed by some official channel in like ten years time or something.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

a friend for tiny luisito

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

thanks mate. its been fun posting with you all, especially your/others unattributed weird footage .flvs and such. I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them isn't attributed/confirmed by some official channel in like ten years time or something.

:tipshat:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

:blaster: :blastback:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i have manufactured a rudimentary faraday suit out of wire scavenged from construction sites and dumpsters, wired in parallel with a resistor bank on the back for discharging the aliens space zapper shots when i assault the mothership tomorrow

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

It's gonna be exactly what the preliminary findings were, no evidence of aliens but we don't know exactly what the navy are seeing.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Tekne posted:

THY STAFF has a decentralized power supply and even taking out one of its countless reactors wouldn't even disable the flagship

Uh we figure that out and then find out a way to set all the reactors off at once using a tortured analogy and a miss understanding of science.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

ive been home aloning my zone on the astral plane to trip up any alieoids emboldened by the release

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

show us the hi res black triangle rising from the sea tyvm

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

apatheticman posted:

Uh we figure that out and then find out a way to set all the reactors off at once using a tortured analogy and a miss understanding of science.
*sigh* you upload A VIRUS with a thumb drive onto a computer terminal that magically has a slot that can accept archaic human technology

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
what if aliens are really dumb and only really dumb species can travel through time and space and they came here because we're really smart and we have to tell them how to use the washing machine on their big rock-ship because their clothes are stinky after travelling through space (and time) for so long

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Tekne posted:

*sigh* you upload A VIRUS with a thumb drive onto a computer terminal that magically has a slot that can accept archaic human technology

No we realize that all of that movie stuff is actually traps that aliens culturally seeded into our minds in order to get any attempts to fail and pick the only option that hasn't been in a movie.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Mrenda posted:

what if aliens are really dumb and only really dumb species can travel through time and space and they came here because we're really smart and we have to tell them how to use the washing machine on their big rock-ship because their clothes are stinky after travelling through space (and time) for so long

First contact with the pakleds from star trek would be funny.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Fun Shoe

apatheticman posted:

No we realize that all of that movie stuff is actually traps that aliens culturally seeded into our minds in order to get any attempts to fail and pick the only option that hasn't been in a movie.

Missionaria Protectiva is real

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

mankind would benefit from having slow stupid friends not that the elcor themselves were dumb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

lets give the aliens covid and have them take it back to their home planet