Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

columbia pictures/sony apparently wants to make a live action adaptation of made in abyss a series known for cutesy visuals and a story about inflicting as much misery and pain on its cast that consists mostly of children. Incredible amount of body horror and gore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopation
Feb 21, 2020
the fact that the creator is an open pedophile probably will stop that in its tracks the second more english speakers are aware of it lmao

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

the fact that the creator is an open pedophile probably will stop that in its tracks the second more english speakers are aware of it lmao

Matt Groening seems to have gotten away with it so :shrug:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

drat horror queefs posted:

Matt Groening seems to have gotten away with it so :shrug:

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1167073703185678338?s=19

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/sjake333/status/1409202969338421249

:smith:

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Aglet56 posted:

spoken like someone who never went to the second-run cinema in the mall at 8pm on a tuesday for a dollar

I took my mom to one of those, the wheelchair-accessable seat was infested with fleas and we had to spray her entire room.

Judakel posted:

please let cinemas die

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
From this point on, I'm treating avatar the air bender fan's thoughts with a light touch like Harry Potter fans.
Avatar really created a filter people see the world though.

Fiction villain characters, when addressing a group of public people, when trying to gain power,
never say, "I'm going to turn you into slaves."

mazzi Chart Czar has issued a correction as of 20:01 on Jun 27, 2021

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Xeni wasalso his friend and used to regularly go to dinner with him and Ghislane so this is rich

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

what did kiwi farms do here

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

mastershakeman posted:

Same thing they always do: harass someone until they commit suicide. It has happened before.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
What was this guy being harassed over? Did he tweet a political opinion or was it related to being gay/trans or something? Nothing I'm googling is telling me anything about them. All I'm getting is that this Kiwi Farms place seems to be the lowest kind of scum imaginable.

Randal
Apr 20, 2016

not adding value on SA one post at a time

mastershakeman posted:

The usual

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
they should’ve done it to lowtax instead. just my opinion

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

a Loving Dog posted:

they should’ve done it to lowtax instead. just my opinion

hell I agree

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I hope everyone on kiwifarms dies at the hands of their mother

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

indigi posted:

I hope everyone on kiwifarms dies at the hands of their mother

Now, now you are talking bad about fellow goons.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

galagazombie posted:

What was this guy being harassed over? Did he tweet a political opinion or was it related to being gay/trans or something? Nothing I'm googling is telling me anything about them. All I'm getting is that this Kiwi Farms place seems to be the lowest kind of scum imaginable.

Came out as non-binary.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

galagazombie posted:

Pretty much. Kiwifarms started off as a place to track Internet Legend Chrischan. It got to the point where the site became more pathetic than Chrischan, tracking every single movement of this particular individual. Eventually, it turned into a horrible site where if you're trans or even slightly to the left of Hitler, you will be doxxed and harassed. Hell, they hosted the Christchurch mosque shooting video on their site and the owner, Joshua Moon, reveled in the attention it got the site.

Okuteru has issued a correction as of 06:10 on Jun 28, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kiwifarms is basically Helldump left to fester indefinitely.

Basically their 'crimes' were being nonbinary and a furry.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I watched guns akimbo and the tone of that movie made me feel like a cracked dot com writer wrote it.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
for some reason my wife loves watching Sweet Home Alabama as a background noise movie and holy poo poo this movie is fuckin racist and bizarre.

Aglet56
Sep 1, 2011

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

for some reason my wife loves watching Sweet Home Alabama as a background noise movie and holy poo poo this movie is fuckin racist and bizarre.

like she just watches the same movie over and over?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
yeah. sometimes it's pride and prejudice on Hulu (the episodic one with Colin Firth).

just over and over

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdqEpwZlVLM

Shen Long
May 29, 2021

by Athanatos

My GF watched Legally Blonde and it’s the same poo poo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

you can tell that revolutionary anarchism in America is a failed, broken ideology because there’s nobody materially ruining the lives of people like Josh Moon

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Zaheer transcending his earthly tethers and learning how to fly cool was cool as hell

The series did have a huge liberal ideology.

Also nearly all the villains had the Angular Face thing going on

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Family wanted to watch all 8 Harry potter's last week so we did. The first 4 are good movies. The last 4 are bad movies. This is my take.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

yeah. sometimes it's pride and prejudice on Hulu (the episodic one with Colin Firth).

just over and over

Isn't this a thing toddlers do but with the wiggles??

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Mr Hootington posted:

Family wanted to watch all 8 Harry potter's last week so we did. The first 4 are good movies. The last 4 are bad movies. This is my take.

The same could be said of the first four books being good because it's just kids having adventures and solving mysteries and then it decides to get extremely dramatic and little fun after Cedric bites it. It's such a bad 180.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth

DesertIslandHermit posted:

The same could be said of the first four books being good because it's just kids having adventures and solving mysteries and then it decides to get extremely dramatic and little fun after Cedric bites it. It's such a bad 180.

Yeah pretty much, I remember being less and less interested in the story when it became less focused on the school aspect and more focused on the dumb af voldemort/le evil wizard gangs. I never even read the last book.

Also the best film is clearly Chamber of Secrets purely because of Kenneth Branagh giving the hammiest performance of his career.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

I completely believe Rowling put in Dobby as a way to push hard on 'Malfoy's family is not only jerks but they're racist slave-owning assholes' but had the brilliant idea to decide later in the series that house elves love being enslaved and even gives Harry one and he doesn't even try to free him.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Libs gonna lib

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

I've only seen two of them (second one and last one I think) but the kids did not remotely know how to act at first. when did they figure it out

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
JKR being a profoundly bigoted monster is pretty much in keeping with the tradition established by all great English children's lit authors so,

I for one am excited to see the next one, something like The Grand Adventures of Shinglewot Fizzlepiss in Wankfordshire by E. F. Anglican being about how Irish Travellers are happiest when ground into a paste and served as a pudding

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

Harry Potter Wiki people are absolutely brain-wormed.

quote:

Rowling perhaps used the fact that the goblins were a vital part of Wizarding life, controlling their only bank, no matter how wizards see goblins as an inferior race, inspired by the prejudice of Nazis against Jews (hitherto anti-Semitism) and Adolf Hitler's theory of Jews coveting world domination by controlling banks all over the world. This is supported by the fact that some wizards, like Hermione Granger, negatively see this prejudice.

You see she wrote the wizard society as anti-Semitic. Don't pay attention to how they're depicted as crooked old subhuman men hoarding gold coins and the characters never challenge this society to any impact whatsoever.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

lmao "J.K. Rowling Confirms Jewish Character in ‘Harry Potter’"

Pretend you have no knowledge of Harry Potter character names past the one asian character that's named "Cho Chang" and guess the last name of the one Jewish character.

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Lol fmd, she might as well have called him Shlomo Shekelberg

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

thatfatkid posted:

Also the best film is clearly Chamber of Secrets purely because of Kenneth Branagh giving the hammiest performance of his career.

You didn't see his Poirot, I take it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

didnt brannagh play a paraplegic in a spider legged wheelchair in Wild Wild West too?