Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

good news cspam, mitt romney is on team uap!

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2021/06/27/mitt-romney-whether-he/

quote:

“I don’t believe they’re coming from foreign adversaries, if they were, why that would suggest that they have a technology which is in a whole different sphere than anything we understand. And, frankly, China and Russia just aren’t there. And neither are we, by the way, so I’m not worried about it from a national security standpoint,” he said.

“If for some reason these came from another system, if you will, another alien society, which I frankly would find hard to believe, but I guess all things are possible. That would be fascinating. Interesting,” Romney added. “I know there are, they say, trillions of galaxies out there. So who knows what might have developed somewhere else, but that would make me more fascinated, not fearful.”

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

aren’t Mormons basically space christians

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
100% yes mormonism is Jesus in space (God is an alien, Jesus is a hybrid)

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
The fact that conservatives are the ones constantly pushing this poo poo is damning

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

he just wants to meet the mormon who's god of the planet that sending stuff

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

100% yes mormonism is Jesus in space (God is an alien, Jesus is a hybrid)

yeah and when you die if you've been a good mormon you get to become god of your own planet

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Asproigerosis posted:

the obvious evidence we haven't been visited by aliens is that despite ubiquitous smart phones there still isn't a single concrete video/picture. I'll be sorting this topic to the gas zone once I get back from picking up my chinese food.

yeah you can see in this timestamped vid (sorry for some reason nobody wants to share the actual video evidence clip so its got commentary)
this is all the actual evidence provided for the nimitz tictac ufo dogfight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3viYcYPRdu4&t=1488s

this would probably be classed as one of the 18 incidents claiming to display breakthrough technology... because the object that is moving slowly away from them appears to move quicker when the camera very clearly rotates and loses tracking.

i was originally kinda interested in the ufo stuff but all the actual evidence is outright insulting to people's intelligence.

obviously theres actually loads of HD super special evidence thats amazing we just cant see it yet like this obvious photoshop but not like that

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

its a poo poo vid that disproves nothing sorry op

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

WEH posted:

its a poo poo vid that disproves nothing sorry op

you think that video displays evidence of a UFO showing physics breaking flight?

e: i dont expect the true beleivers to change their minds but if you're on the fence its worth a watch, its 60 seconds long and remember this is one of the most compelling peices of video evidence they claim to have

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Communist Thoughts posted:

you think that video displays evidence of a UFO showing physics breaking flight?

No one made the claim that the released videos did lmao

All the cool poo poo they recorded is unreleased

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

e: i dont expect the true beleivers to change their minds but if you're on the fence its worth a watch, its 60 seconds long and remember this is one of the most compelling peices of video evidence they claim to have

Lue Elizondo has said the three videos that have been released are the "least compelling" so we'll see if there's more soon hopefully.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

the DHS Puerto Rico video is prolly the best we've got, any of those nerds "debunked" that one yet

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

WEH posted:

No one made the claim that the released videos did lmao

in the media event release of this video yes they do, they watch the video and go "wow! look at it go!"

quote:

All the cool poo poo they recorded is unreleased

cmon man

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

in the media event release of this video yes they do, they watch the video and go "wow! look at it go!"

cmon man

do you think there's no data or footage beyond the three videos we currently have

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I would laugh if this is all an attempt to try and draw away conspiracy theorists from the Q anon poo poo back to something "harmless"

I'm sure there's weird poo poo flying around that we can't explain but this has been the least convincing roll out of information ever

Orbis Tertius
Feb 13, 2007

the video is more like an interesting footnote to the claims being made, not the evidence for them, which is the statements from the DoD.

this is why debate in this thread is mostly focused on the psyop/malfunction angles.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Tighclops posted:

The fact that conservatives are the ones constantly pushing this poo poo is damning

they aren't lmao

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Tighclops posted:

I would laugh if this is all an attempt to try and draw away conspiracy theorists from the Q anon poo poo back to something "harmless"

I'm sure there's weird poo poo flying around that we can't explain but this has been the least convincing roll out of information ever

This would be genuinely hilarious.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

funny how debunkers have all these weird fantasy ideas about UFOs and people who talk about them lol

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

:nallears:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

yeah you can see in this timestamped vid (sorry for some reason nobody wants to share the actual video evidence clip so its got commentary)
this is all the actual evidence provided for the nimitz tictac ufo dogfight:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3viYcYPRdu4&t=1488s

this would probably be classed as one of the 18 incidents claiming to display breakthrough technology... because the object that is moving slowly away from them appears to move quicker when the camera very clearly rotates and loses tracking.

i was originally kinda interested in the ufo stuff but all the actual evidence is outright insulting to people's intelligence.

obviously theres actually loads of HD super special evidence thats amazing we just cant see it yet like this obvious photoshop but not like that

wow nice youtube expert im sure he knows more than people who actually work with airplanes and fancy cameras and radars lmao

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Google Butt posted:

do you think there's no data or footage beyond the three videos we currently have

but nothing they have shown is remotely convincing unless you're incredibly credulous.

so its all an appeal to invisible evidence that is supposedly more convincing than the shockingly embarassing evidence that has been shown so far.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

my bony fealty posted:

the DHS Puerto Rico video is prolly the best we've got, any of those nerds "debunked" that one yet

birds

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Tighclops posted:

if it is then releasing official government reports and press releases is a really stupid way to draw in the weirdos who use numerology to divine secret messages from 4chan posts

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I never said it was a good plan

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

the DHS puerto rico thing literally does just look like a bird lol, someone post the clip.

makes sense considering the first navy released ufo vid of that ufo over water literally was a duck or goose

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

but nothing they have shown is remotely convincing unless you're incredibly credulous.

so its all an appeal to invisible evidence that is supposedly more convincing than the shockingly embarassing evidence that has been shown so far.

bro if you aren't trolling you're dumb as a rock

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Orbis Tertius posted:

the video is more like an interesting footnote to the claims being made, not the evidence for them, which is the statements from the DoD.

this is why debate in this thread is mostly focused on the psyop/malfunction angles.

why release a video of a plane slowly flying away as a footnote to your ufo dogfight?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Tighclops posted:

what is this supposed to be convincing you of and what kind of evidence do you need?

the US (and chinese, and french) government has stated that UFOs are real, and the explanation for some could possibly include unknown things like aliens from uranus. That's been the result of the past few years of UFO stuff.

I think thats pretty loving cool but i guess some people wont be impressed by anything related to the phrase "UFO" unless the public alien orgies start

Rah! has issued a correction as of 20:53 on Jun 27, 2021

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

WEH posted:

bro if you aren't trolling you're dumb as a rock

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

japan updated its UFO reporting guidelines because of birds

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

it seems to me like theres some ufo fans in the navy or wherever who have been going through the archives and finding the sauciest looking context-free vids they can and possibly selectively editing them but probably not because they are also true ufo beleivers and think a video of a goose is proof of aliens

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

the DHS puerto rico thing literally does just look like a bird lol, someone post the clip.

makes sense considering the first navy released ufo vid of that ufo over water literally was a duck or goose

drat I didn't know birds could go in and out of the water without any change in speed that's craazy

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Google Butt posted:

drat I didn't know birds could go in and out of the water without any change in speed that's craazy

a bird going into water? sorry you're right probably aliens lol

you can see the wings flap but theyr probably solar sails

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

debunkers come in here to get slapped up and that's fine by me.

:blastback:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

a bird going into water? sorry you're right probably aliens lol

did you read the rest of the sentence? degrassbrains are disintegrating at rates not thought possible until now

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Rah! posted:

what is this supposed to be convincing you of and what kind of evidence do you need?

the government has stated that UFOs are real, and the explanation for some could possibly include unknown things like aliens from uranus. That's been the result of the past few years of UFO stuff.

I think thats pretty loving cool but i guess some people wont be impressed by anything related to the phrase "UFO" unless the public aliens orgies start

how about a proper loving public announcement from the president/china/russia/the loving UN or some poo poo other than blurry rear end gun camera footage and "oh actually the REAL poo poo is so much more convincing" from CIA spooks and meathead pilots? This wink wink nudge nudge bullshit is garbage.

Like I said, I do believe there's unexplained objects loving around that people have seen and recorded and poo poo like that should be properly investigated but the way all of this has been handled smells to me of massive bullshit designed to keep people all hosed up

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

cmon man

they poo poo they released is interesting

and the report says they have 80 incidents of UFOs that were recorded across multiple sensors

what exactly do you think that means

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the aliens just want to watch us poop. it's all they've ever wanted.