Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i finished xcom2 today for the first time. thanks uaps for inspiring me to finish it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

NDT is right, the birdmen piloting the UFOs aren't here for us, they're here to keep an eye on the restless eldritch horror that slumbers frozen deep beneath antarctica

luckily it should stay frozen because it's under PERMAfrost not TEMPORARYfrost so we have nothing to worry about

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012
They should call him

Neil Debunk Tyson

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

NDT is not the most embarrassing Twitter personality yet but he dares to dream big.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

When did he start to suck, I thought he was just a dorky pop scientist guy who figured out he could get speaking money

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

What a sir.

Imagine if NDT and Elon Musk launched an epic bacon cryptocurrency together :wow: :whoa:

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

SEX HAVER 40000 posted:

sagan was a ufo guy for a while. what happened to that. bring sagan back

they took him home, op :)

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Wheeee posted:

actually the real reason is because they're both intelligent enough to see the patterns of what's going on, and also to understand that so far we actually have zero evidence outside of a handful of interesting but not convincing videos

most science-minded folk, as in not the 'i loving love science' babby ngts you see popping up here, are appearing to be hedging somewhere around 'interesting claims but no evidence, giev evidence'

Yeah as an actual scientist I love this poo poo but if I had to make a professional report or whatever it'd boil down to "Wow those Navy claims are interesting, we should look at that more" and a lot of not-very-subtle pleas to see whatever info they have classified.

Any scientist that acts like NDT is a lovely scientist, as is any scientist that tries to convince you we know everything. If that was true we'd all be out of a job.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Log082 posted:

Yeah as an actual scientist I love this poo poo but if I had to make a professional report or whatever it'd boil down to "Wow those Navy claims are interesting, we should look at that more" and a lot of not-very-subtle pleas to see whatever info they have classified.

Any scientist that acts like NDT is a lovely scientist, as is any scientist that tries to convince you we know everything. If that was true we'd all be out of a job.

I'm an astrophysicist and agree 100%.

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Schmoe Cwead posted:

if i was being conspiracy minded one of the more hosed up things ive come across is that the generation after generation z (already triggering to the conspiracy minded) is called generation alpha

i mean i get the whole greek alphabet thing but seems like whoever designed this was either swinging for the fences or had some inside info

Nomenclature
The name Generation Alpha originated from a 2008 survey conducted by the Australian consulting agency McCrindle Research, according to founder Mark McCrindle who is generally credited with the term.[4][5] McCrindle describes how his team arrived at the name in a 2015 interview:

"When I was researching my book The ABC of XYZ: Understanding the Global Generations (published in 2009) it became apparent that a new generation was about to commence and there was no name for them. So I conducted a survey (we're researchers after all) to find out what people think the generation after Z should be called and while many names emerged, and Generation A was the most mentioned, Generation Alpha got some mentions too and so I settled on that for the title of the chapter Beyond Z: Meet Generation Alpha. It just made sense as it is in keeping with scientific nomenclature of using the Greek alphabet in lieu of the Latin and it didn't make sense to go back to A, after all they are the first generation wholly born in the 21st Century and so they are the start of something new not a return to the old.[6]"

what do australian consulting firms know, and when did they know it????

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Missionary Positron posted:

Could be worse, though. Imagine Trump trying to handle first contact lmao

it would have been awesome

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Schmoe Cwead posted:

if i was being conspiracy minded one of the more hosed up things ive come across is that the generation after generation z (already triggering to the conspiracy minded) is called generation alpha

i mean i get the whole greek alphabet thing but seems like whoever designed this was either swinging for the fences or had some inside info

The original name never sticks. Zoomers were originally called "the homeland generation" and look like they're going to be called zoomers rather than gen z. Gen x were originally generation 13 and then 13th gen, which are both lame as hell. The millennials were first "echo boomers" and then "gen y."

It's all marketing garbage. That Australian numpty works for an ad firm. Search "generation alpha" and you get a bunch of reports about which toys toddlers seems to prefer and how lunchables have to change to meet the needs of today's children. All ad people should be burned in a big pit.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

wilfredmerriweathr posted:

I'm an astrophysicist and agree 100%.

same but biologist. ndt's arrogance and dismissiveness regarding the limits of his own knowledge are so antithetical to carl sagan's approach to the world i find it offensive he's hailed as sagan's standard bearer

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

who is the person responding and were they grown in the same vat as amy McGrath

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

The Saucer Hovers posted:

according to this type chart your team would wipe the floor with mine, but hey im used to absorbing losses in service of the gimmick team

STEIGER used PLAGIARIZE on BARKER and copied his attack!

BARKER is confused!

STEIGER used PLAGIARIZE on BARKER and copied his attack!

BARKER is still confused! He hurt himself in his confusion!

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Vomik posted:

who is the person responding and were they grown in the same vat as amy McGrath

One of the Nimitz UAP witnesses in 2004, who was interviewed on 60 Minutes.

The McGrath model is renown for its simplicity, and thus is mass produced.

though tbh she doesn't seem like a charisma blackhole like amy is

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Nichael posted:

One of the Nimitz UAP witnesses in 2004, who was interviewed on 60 Minutes.

The McGrath model is renown for its simplicity, and thus is mass produced.

though tbh she doesn't seem like a charisma blackhole like amy is

yeah I just saw the hair and the fighter pilot pic and had to do a double take lol

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Wheeee posted:

tbh the fact that almost all of the outreach being done by lue and the gang goes to right wing sources only adds a feeling of verisimilitude since that's exactly who some fuckin ex army intelligence guys would think of

the first news article about the navy encounters/AATIP/with Elizondo's name in it, was in the NY times

he's had interviews with the washington post and CNN, has been quoted in NBC and scientific american and 60 minutes and a billion other things

but yeah he's also been all over fox news too. I think fox news is more likely to be interested in having tough patriot military man on the screen to talk about UFO stuff, because its sensational and tucker carlson can squint at it and ask why antifa doesnt care, whereas some outlet like CNN thinks of itself as extra serious (lol) and has ndt-brain libs working there, and will more likely only have UFO stories when its a hot topic, like right after a NY times article, or when there's news of a coming pentagon report and senators and obama are talking about it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

bird

plastic bag

plastic bags flying in formation

that's a blimp it's not really moving it's the observer that's moving

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Birds are loving crazy these days

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Nichael posted:

Birds are loving crazy these days

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Honestly, besides shitposting about politics, I don't really like much in life besides birds and aliens, so you can imagine this is an era of unbridled happiness for me.

Also you'd be wrong because of the crushing, ceaseless existential depression.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Rah! posted:

UFOs are real

unless you believe that multiple governments, including adversaries, are teaming up together to lie about them being real for...reasons?

the question is, what are they

(birds duh)

Yeah, have you seen how a crow steals dog food from a dog? That’s what the UFO’s are doing, its just Covid Convertables.

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

bird

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

if everyone is convinced they're birds then why is nobody else concerned that birds are apparently capable of interplanetary travel

i demand nasa shows us the footage of neil armstrong shooing pidgeons away from the lunar lander with a broom

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.

Imagine the beak joysticks and the keyboard their little bird feet go into that have rockers in 3 horizontal directions and one click down button for each foot claw.

A video visor on their lil bird heads to control the UFO

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

im gonna laugh when we make contact and it literally is bird people. like super evolved dinosaurs who escaped extinction or whatever

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

A MIRACLE posted:

im gonna laugh when we make contact and it literally is bird people. like super evolved dinosaurs who escaped extinction or whatever

that’s literally what birds are

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbrsQNeEyIg

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

is this from the 70 page classified report ?

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
with the exception of aliens or birds what are your favorite out there explanations for ufos. mines time travelers

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

endocriminologist posted:

with the exception of aliens or birds what are your favorite out there explanations for ufos. mines time travelers

glitch in the simulation is a fun one

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

time traveling doesn’t make sense

I think alien automated probes are likely

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

euphronius posted:

time traveling doesn’t make sense

I think alien automated probes are likely

I mean it absolutely does not but it’s fun

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

endocriminologist posted:

they're mouse pointers. clickers. cursors.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

I like the federation of aliens theory. lol-ing at space politicians from different planets arguing over when to make contact with us

for the galactic federation!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

WEH posted:

nye and kaku remaining quiet on this is interesting for very different reasons, imo

kaku hasn't been quiet on the topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmYDdFOpy-M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpZYanaADSI

(lol fox and TMZ)

sounds like he thinks the US navy/pentagon is credible on the topic of UFOs, and agrees with them that UFOs are real. He also says that if it's not fancy next-level drones, then it's probably aliens, and he also thinks we'll probably make alien contact this century.

this one isn't about UFO videos, but he talks about how aliens might be mean so we shouldn't advertise our existence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGjj73b4DGE

he's clearly skeptical of abduction stories though lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

if you guys like aliens , “Arrival” with Amy Adams is a pretty good documentary