Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pylons posted:

I will be the wind beneath the Wing(men).

06/18 Dynamite

MOTYC: Orange Cassidy vs. Cezar Bononi

touching tips with you right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Hangman Adam Page vs. Powerhouse Hobbs - AEW Dynamite 6/26
Really hot opener, Page looked great and Hobbs has a great mix of selling and recovery to play up his status as a, of course, powerhouse.

MOTYC: Kenny Omega (C) vs. Jungle Boy for the AEW World Championship - AEW Dynamite 6/26
Superb, the finish in particular where Kenny did a casual cover and Jungle Boy kicked out, so Kenny hit the One Winged Angel and made sure to hook the leg was just fantastic in its simplicity.

Seconded

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Really hot opener, Page looked great and Hobbs has a great mix of selling and recovery to play up his status as a, of course, powerhouse.

MOTYC: Kenny Omega (C) vs. Jungle Boy for the AEW World Championship - AEW Dynamite 6/26
Superb, the finish in particular where Kenny did a casual cover and Jungle Boy kicked out, so Kenny hit the One Winged Angel and made sure to hook the leg was just fantastic in its simplicity.

forkboy84 posted:

HM
26th June
All Japan Champions Night
Triple Crown Title
Kento Miyahara vs Yuma Aoyagi

HM
26th June
Triple Crown Title
Jake Lee vs Kento Miyahara

HM
26th June
Triple Crown Title
Jake Lee vs Yuma Aoyagi

forkboy84 posted:

HM
26th June
All Japan World Junior Heavyweight Title
Koji Iwamoto vs Akira Francesco

nth

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dynamite 6/26

HM: Hangman Adam Page vs Powerhouse Hobbs
HM: Matt Sydal vs Dante Martin
MOTYC: Jungle Boy vs Kenny Omega, AEW Championship

Nnnnnnth

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

Pylons posted:

I might rate the other matches on the show later, but for now:

NOAH Cage War June 26th

MOTYC: Masa Kitamiya vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima

I felt like I was watching something I shouldn't be and it kinda ruled?

nth

Every good match has the part that makes you lean forward. The drone buzzing at all times gave this a constant anxiety and provided a contrast to the sounds of various strikes.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
HM: Filthy Tom Lawlor vs Karl Fredericks - Strong Openweight Championship, NJPW Strong 6/25
HM: GHC Junior Heavyweight #1 Contendership Rumble, NOAH Cage War 6/26
-Love the way this effectively turned into a lumberjack match
MOTYC: Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Masa Kitamiya - Hair vs Hair Cage Match, NOAH Cage War 6/26
HM: BestBros (Mei Suruga & Baliyan Akki) vs Dragon Ninja (Sayuri & Chon Shiryu), ChocoPro Tag League Day 2, 6/27

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TJPW Spring Tour '21 ~The Bullet ~
HM

Yuka Sakazaki vs Nodoka Tenma vs Haruna Neko
- TJPW do some goddamn hilarious triple threat matches. Yuka is such a massive bully to poor Tenma, hopefully her month in America will temper her attitude so she stops being so rude. Not as pure comedy as the one I nominated for MOTYC a fortnight ago but still very very entertaining

Fun show that TJPW was nice enough to stream for free on Youtube for us

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Spring Tour '21 ~The Bullet ~
HM

Yuka Sakazaki vs Nodoka Tenma vs Haruna Neko
- TJPW do some goddamn hilarious triple threat matches. Yuka is such a massive bully to poor Tenma, hopefully her month in America will temper her attitude so she stops being so rude. Not as pure comedy as the one I nominated for MOTYC a fortnight ago but still very very entertaining

Fun show that TJPW was nice enough to stream for free on Youtube for us

+1

Also from that show

HM
Raku and Marika Kobashi vs Hikari Noa and Mahiro Kiryu
, entirely off the back of that dropkick sequence halfway through.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Nth to both. Great matches.

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dynamite 6/26

Nth to this too.

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jun 27, 2021

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
HM: Hangman Page vs Powerhouse Hobbs
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Jungle Boy

All from AEW Dynamite 26.06

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

HM: Hangman Page vs Powerhouse Hobbs
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs Jungle Boy

All from AEW Dynamite 26.06

i agree with this, fun show

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

nth to both of these.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HM: Hangman Page vs. Powerhouse Hobbs, AEW Dynamite, 26/06
HM: Dante Martin vs. Matt Sydal, AEW Dynamite, 26/06
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Jungle Boy, AEW Dynamite, 26/06

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Rarity posted:

HM: Hangman Page vs. Powerhouse Hobbs, AEW Dynamite, 26/06
HM: Dante Martin vs. Matt Sydal, AEW Dynamite, 26/06
MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Jungle Boy, AEW Dynamite, 26/06

nth

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

NOAH Muta the WORLD June 27th
MOTYC
Kenoh vs The Great Muta
- This was absolute insanity, more an experience than a match but well worth watching

HM
Yoshiki Inamura vs Kinya Okada
- A hard hitting exhibition match between the two rookie heavyweights. Obviously the company is high on Inamura because I mean just look at him, but i'm really looking forward to seeing where Okada is going to be in 5 years. That boy has the makings of a future star.

Muhammad Yone vs Shuhei Taniguchi vs Akitoshi Saito vs Masao Inoue
- Do you like old dudes clubbing each other black and blue? Then you'll enjoy the four members of Funky Express having an elimination match to decide the next KING OF FUNK goddammit I can't believe it wasn't Yone

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH Cage War June 26th
MOTYC
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Masa Kitamiya - Hair vs Hair Cage Match
- These two loving lunatics gave everything to make NOAH's first ever cage match a memorable one. Now please don't do it again :stonk: Katsu playing with the camera drone to get great shots was also real cool

HM

Jr Battle Royal
- Just pure chaos. 10 planned entrants became 15, teams entered together, guys came in when they felt like it, a giant brawl on the outside with all the eliminated competitors, all the usual NOAH Jr bullshit I crave. And neither of the final two were on the official entrants list :discourse:

Nth to both of these, having Nthed the Kiyomiya match earlier. Huge respect for how committed Nakajima was to just entirely ignoring the concept of personal wellbeing.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

Nth to both of these, having Nthed the Kiyomiya match earlier. Huge respect for how committed Nakajima was to just entirely ignoring the concept of personal wellbeing.

My guy, they were still at it on tonight's show. Nakajima and Kitamiya are a couple of lunatics

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

My guy, they were still at it on tonight's show. Nakajima and Kitamiya are a couple of lunatics

That's next on my list. Watching wrestling this weekend like the Kelly "sickos" cartoon.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

AEW Dynamite 6/26

Doubt it needs the vote but I loved this match

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

AEW Dynamite 6/26

Doubt it needs the vote but I loved this match

Nth-ing this just to say it's one of my favorite matches of the year thus far. The crowd rallying behind JB the entire time, the psychology of the entire match, and teasing a Rainmaker. Loved, loved, loved this match.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Shiro no Yu Presents Shiro no Yu Street Wrestling
MOTYC

Shinya Aoki (c) vs Chris Brookes vs Shunma Katsumata vs Yukio Naya - Ironman Heavymetalweight Title
- Just hook this poo poo into my veins. Much as I love grapplefucking and hard strikes and brutal cagematches and engaging stories (the pain from Tana/Jay is still real :(), I also love four idiots rampaging through a sauna/onsen whilst fighting for a title. Very little psychology here as the boys meandered from spot to spot, but I was absolutely delighted by the insanity. I loved the four way 10 count spot where they were all sitting in chairs just exhausted. I loved bodies being thrown into pools already occupied by naked men getting their soak on. I loved Shunma hitting the Superfly splash into a pool, and then going for the cover...while Chris Brookes was still floating in the water with his shoulder nowhere near any hard surface. I loved that by the end everyone was just exhausted and waterlogged. But above all that, I love that the champion going into this was MMA legend Shinya Aoki who took a break from training for his 58th career fight to dick about at a hot spring with the boys for half an hour, simply because he loves doing silly poo poo like this.

DDT has some of the best wrestling on the planet, but those same guys do some of the most absurd poo poo and I love them for it

nth

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

DDT Shiro no Yu Presents Shiro no Yu Street Wrestling
MOTYC

Shinya Aoki (c) vs Chris Brookes vs Shunma Katsumata vs Yukio Naya - Ironman Heavymetalweight Title
- Just hook this poo poo into my veins. Much as I love grapplefucking and hard strikes and brutal cagematches and engaging stories (the pain from Tana/Jay is still real :(), I also love four idiots rampaging through a sauna/onsen whilst fighting for a title. Very little psychology here as the boys meandered from spot to spot, but I was absolutely delighted by the insanity. I loved the four way 10 count spot where they were all sitting in chairs just exhausted. I loved bodies being thrown into pools already occupied by naked men getting their soak on. I loved Shunma hitting the Superfly splash into a pool, and then going for the cover...while Chris Brookes was still floating in the water with his shoulder nowhere near any hard surface. I loved that by the end everyone was just exhausted and waterlogged. But above all that, I love that the champion going into this was MMA legend Shinya Aoki who took a break from training for his 58th career fight to dick about at a hot spring with the boys for half an hour, simply because he loves doing silly poo poo like this.

DDT has some of the best wrestling on the planet, but those same guys do some of the most absurd poo poo and I love them for it

Nth to this. Absolute nonsense where some of the best young wrestlers on the planet just act like idiots. DDT is close to my platonic ideal of a wrestling promotion.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Kenoh vs The Great Muta
- This was absolute insanity, more an experience than a match but well worth watching

HM
- A hard hitting exhibition match between the two rookie heavyweights. Obviously the company is high on Inamura because I mean just look at him, but i'm really looking forward to seeing where Okada is going to be in 5 years. That boy has the makings of a future star.

- Do you like old dudes clubbing each other black and blue? Then you'll enjoy the four members of Funky Express having an elimination match to decide the next KING OF FUNK goddammit I can't believe it wasn't Yone

2nd to all of these NOAH killed it this weekend

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
30th May
Ice Ribbon #1123 Nagoya Ribbon
Hamuko Hoshi, Tsukushi Haruka & Yuki Mashiro vs Risa Sera, Thekla & Totoro Satsuki

Maybe I over rated this but two good teams, Risa Sera selling the aftermath of her giant swing always rules, and just real good wrestling

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
30th May
Ice Ribbon #1123 Nagoya Ribbon
Abdullah Kobayashi vs Suzu Suzuki

When I was a teenager I was mostly into buying CDs and listening to the same CDs. Suzu Suzuki is clearly taking blood thinners before matches and stabbing fat guys with forks and being stabbed by other forks and just being drenched in her own blood. She's loving bonkers and it rules.

This was violent and nasty but also had some real enjoyable comedy moments and this is the most i've enjoyed a Lil' Abby match in some time

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dynamite 6/26

Nth, great show

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Stand Proud June 26th
MOTYC
Miyu Yamashita (c) vs Sakisama - Princess of Princess Championship
These are two of the best in the promotion, they both know their characters inside and out, and they both utilise heavily kick based offence which I love. Add in their respective partners in the corners yelling their hearts out and the whole thing was awesome

HM
Arisu Endo vs Rika Tatsumi vs Kamiyu
- Bunch of entertaining tomfoolery inherent in the triple threat format. I still believe in Endo, she's going to get that big win any day now

Moka Miyamoto and Shoko Nakajima vs Yuki Arai and Miu Watanabe
- Arai continues to improve, Miu remains strong, Shoko remains BIG, and Moka has the Eye of the goddamn Tiger

nth

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Pylons posted:

I might rate the other matches on the show later, but for now:

NOAH Cage War June 26th

MOTYC: Masa Kitamiya vs. Katsuhiko Nakajima

I felt like I was watching something I shouldn't be and it kinda ruled?

Nth. I still can't quite believe that missed senton

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

NOAH Cage War June 26th
MOTYC
Katsuhiko Nakajima vs Masa Kitamiya - Hair vs Hair Cage Match
- These two loving lunatics gave everything to make NOAH's first ever cage match a memorable one. Now please don't do it again :stonk: Katsu playing with the camera drone to get great shots was also real cool

HM
M's Alliance (Naomichi Marufuji and Masaaki Mochizuki) vs Kaito Kiyomiya and Yoshiki Inamura
- Four real talented dudes have a real entertaining tag match. Not a ton of stakes, outside of implications from possible future challengers for Marufuji, but fun all the same

Jr Battle Royal
- Just pure chaos. 10 planned entrants became 15, teams entered together, guys came in when they felt like it, a giant brawl on the outside with all the eliminated competitors, all the usual NOAH Jr bullshit I crave. And neither of the final two were on the official entrants list :discourse:

nth. This was a hell of a show and definitely worth seeking out.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Kenoh vs The Great Muta

Nth. Give The Great Muta the GHC

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=311894&page=2

Name of the event: ICW No Holds Barred Pitfighter X8
Date: 27.06.2021
Promotion: ICW No Holds Barred

MOTYC John Wayne Murdoch vs AKIRA

This is best deathmatch wrestling I've seen in a year. This poo poo rules. The whole thing is chaotic. Danny Demanto, the promoter is on commetary selling everything like he doesn't know and he's getting kinda pissed but at the same time its exactly the kind of carnage he lives for. Deathmatch spectacle.

coconono fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Jun 28, 2021

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Kenoh vs The Great Muta

HM

nth, Cyberfight had a great weekend

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Kenoh vs The Great Muta

HM

Nth to all

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sportsgenius86 posted:

MOTYC: Kenny Omega vs. Jungle Boy, AEW Dynamite 6/26

loving awesome match

yeah

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Penguin Patrol posted:

AEW Dynamite 6/26

nthing this - Jungle Boy vs Omega had me hooked from minute one, every single near fall caught me.

Hangman v Hobbs deserves an HM just for Hangman's reaction to winning and realizing what it means, holy poo poo can AEW nail character beats like that.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
27th May
DDT Ultimate Tag League Final
Ultimate Tag League
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita & Shunma Katsumata) vs Junretsu (Jun Akiyama & Makoto Oishi)

HM
27th May
DDT Ultimate Tag League Final
Ultimate Tag League Final
37KAMIINA (Konosuke Takeshita & Shunma Katsumata) vs DAMNATION (Daisuke Sasaki &Yuji Hino)

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

MOTYC
Kenoh vs The Great Muta

nth. I wasn't really into Mutoh's run with the GHC belt but this match ruled.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
26th May
GLEAT G Prowrestling Ver. 0
Akira Francesco & Takanori Ito vs Stronghearts (Issei Onitsuka & Shigehiro Irie)

A real dang good tag match which let Ito get some shine, he had a real fun leg sweep at one point and his bridging German suplex is GLEAT :dadjoke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok0SARcRLBE&t=953s

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jun 29, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
26th May
CIMA, Kaz Hayashi & Minoru Tanaka vs. Soma Watanabe & Strong Hearts (El Lindaman & T-Hawk)

A real good 6 man tag of the vets vs younger guys and fair play to the vets who made sure the younger lads got to look good. Finishing stretch was great with Lindaman yeeting fools with Germans.

Also want to say the crowd were about as into this as any Japanese crowd you've heard in the past 15 cursed months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok0SARcRLBE&t=4183s

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jun 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

forkboy84 posted:

HM
26th May
Akira Francesco & Takanori Ito vs Stronghearts (Issei Onitsuka & Shigehiro Irie)

A real dang good tag match which let Ito get some shine, he had a real fun leg sweep at one point and his bridging German suplex is GLEAT :dadjoke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok0SARcRLBE&t=953s

+1

this is the first I've ever seen Akira and he really went to work.

forkboy84 posted:

HM
26th May
CIMA, Kaz Hayashi & Minoru Tanaka vs. Soma Watanabe & Strong Hearts (El Lindaman & T-Hawk)

A real good 6 man tag of the vets vs younger guys and fair play to the vets who made sure the younger lads got to look good. Finishing stretch was great with Lindaman yeeting fools with Germans.

Also want to say the crowd were about as into this as any Japanese crowd you've heard in the past 15 cursed months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok0SARcRLBE&t=4183s

+1 too, They setup an angle as why CIMA was tagging against Strong Hearts but I didn't quite follow the language. Either way, it was a bustass main event with all the stuff you like from lucahessu.