Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Pinecone Sample posted:

Very respectable attendance at Pocono today. I know some people were saying that it was gonna be like the '90s. The days of busing people in from satellite lots are never coming back. But it's as good as it's been in fifteen years or so, much more local crowd than it was back then. Lots of new and old shirts.

Also lol CLASSIC trucks

We almost went. $45 each day gets you 2 races? Can’t really beat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Kyle Larson taking a turn to the right finally did the world some good.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
That's reeeeaaaaallll close to good enough for new thread title.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

you can cancel fast

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
The Hendrick merch trailer was wild busy selling that #5 poo poo like hotcakes which winning will do for ya. He's been very candid about it all and I am fine with redemption if that's what we're doing, it's better to encourage people to correct themselves than double down, but for the fact that the people who choose to support him wouldn't even admit that cancel culture isn't real...

23XI trailer was even more popular with the kids specifically though

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I kinda liked Larson before the whole controversy, but yeah his fans coming out of the woodwork to cry "cancel culture," defend using racial slurs and also we sure hope he wrecks the black driver, heritage not hate etc. really put me off the dude. Hell, despite being a fan of Jeff Gordon when I was a kid, I kind of hate the whole Hendrick Motorsports organization right now. You got Larson with his toxic rear end fanbase, Chase Elliot being spoon fed road courses, and William Byron rolling around in a Liberty University car. About the only respectable driver of the bunch is Bowman, and that might just be because I don't know poo poo about the guy.

At a certain point you've kind of gotta let go of some things to enjoy motorsports. F1 and Indycar are just as good examples of this as NASCAR. There's plenty of organizations that are backed by old school right wing money, or countries that host races which are oppressive, fascist, and violate human rights. I guess not having people around to hoot and holler about it as loudly as NASCAR fans seem to makes it feel less problematic at times.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
The only good guys in my book are those who without hesitation stood up for Bubba Wallace. Richard Petty, Jimmie Johnson, Tyler Reddick, Ty Dillon, is that it? I'll support those guys and of course Bubba in whatever they do. Denny I think just made a business decision and that's all good and well but Petty did go above and beyond what he needed to do as a team owner. Everyone else came off as wishy-washy at best. Blaney sounds reasonable if you listen closely but I suspect he was afraid to make any waves.

Grandpa or somebody made Ty Dillon delete that poo poo he tweeted at Trump but it was legit funny and now we know how he feels in his heart of hearts so he's cool. His fuckin brother and her wife you can look at their twitter likes to see how they feel about poo poo. Some of those wives if you look at their likes are truly awful, especially Delana Harvick. Samantha Busch seems decent enough, and Sherry Pollex is an absolute sweetheart.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It was Reddick who tweeted at Trump to gently caress off which really raised his standing in my book

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
Larson has sucked poo poo since he said his favorite football team is "whoever stands up for the anthem"

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

mactheknife posted:

Larson has sucked poo poo since he said his favorite football team is "whoever stands up for the anthem"

this is extremely true.

also the good kyle needed 3 fewer gears than everyone else to win yesterday.

big nipples big life fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 28, 2021

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Kyle Larson is an accurate ambassador for NASCAR. Amazing driver, embraces the far right, closet racist, and tries to cover it all up so he can make more money.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

It was Reddick who tweeted at Trump to gently caress off which really raised his standing in my book

ah yeah got them confused

I already had to remember the other ones by the pnemonic, "grandson Ty? standup guy. grandson Austin? more racist than Boston"

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Reynold posted:

I kinda liked Larson before the whole controversy, but yeah his fans coming out of the woodwork to cry "cancel culture," defend using racial slurs and also we sure hope he wrecks the black driver, heritage not hate etc. really put me off the dude. Hell, despite being a fan of Jeff Gordon when I was a kid, I kind of hate the whole Hendrick Motorsports organization right now. You got Larson with his toxic rear end fanbase, Chase Elliot being spoon fed road courses, and William Byron rolling around in a Liberty University car. About the only respectable driver of the bunch is Bowman, and that might just be because I don't know poo poo about the guy.

At a certain point you've kind of gotta let go of some things to enjoy motorsports. F1 and Indycar are just as good examples of this as NASCAR. There's plenty of organizations that are backed by old school right wing money, or countries that host races which are oppressive, fascist, and violate human rights. I guess not having people around to hoot and holler about it as loudly as NASCAR fans seem to makes it feel less problematic at times.

I liked him too. Underdoggish team with the 42, would wheel the hell out of the car sideways in the top groove, was a fun alternative to Harvick/Truex winning, what's not to like. He sure told us what wasn't to like. It was to the point that I actually bought some new hats because the one NASCAR hat I had in the rotation was #5 Kasey Kahne hat and I didn't want people to see the 5 and think I was supporting Larson. It makes me glad that I watch F1 with my head in the sand basically. I don't follow the news or anything, pretty much all the news I get comes from the race broadcast or after the fact on that Netflix show. Nobody I know pays any attention to F1 either so I can't get judged for liking the drivers I like I can just watch them drive and like them.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

I like the guys who drive chevys

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i was hating on that fuckin turd larson while everyone else who posted in sa nascar threads were lining up to slob his knob, and i was also like the only jimmie johnson fan as well

feels good to be vindicated

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Plenty of action in the 2nd heat race on the SRX series. And they had James Hinchcliffe in the booth instead of Danica Patrick. far less use of "slide job" during the race...

Also they spent the night setting up Paul Tracy as being an rear end in a top hat that will wreck people for the entire main event... which he does before the end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BREnrvMWCY&t=1104s

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jun 29, 2021

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2021/06/30/trackhouse-purchases-chip-ganassi-racing-nascar-operation/

I think this is probably good news. I've been saying for a while once the long-time owners pass away, the only people interested in dumping money into NASCAR teams as a line of business would be the most successful retiring drivers.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

https://twitter.com/ANTIFAldo/status/1410309644057186310

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

¡Dale!

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

too bad kurt bush isn't gonna be there next year but this seems like good news because something about trackhouse has lit a fire under suarez and it's probably the equipment

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Everything about that team seems to show everyone's 100% on the same page they're a cohesive unit which for sure helps too

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

Suarez used to get babip'd to hell by wrecks, plus Gibbs treated him as a development contract and he was probably in commensurate equipment

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I think Suarez's issue at Gibbs was more that he was unprepared for that role after Edwards' sudden retirement and he hadn't really had the time to cook in Xfinity yet

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

kidcoelacanth posted:

I think Suarez's issue at Gibbs was more that he was unprepared for that role after Edwards' sudden retirement and he hadn't really had the time to cook in Xfinity yet

It might be that. Not having enough talent to drive at the Cup level doesn't help him either.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

pitbull's team outperforming michael jordan's team is not something i would've predicted for this year

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

I'm at a dirt track for the first time in my life, this poo poo slaps. I've always been warned how gross they are. There's not a lot of dirt in the air here, I reckon it depends on the weather and the size and the shape, because I'm staying clean, wouldn't call it loud, either

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Sit closer.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i have good memories of getting decked in the head by a large, hard piece of mud kicked up by a dirt modified that had its right rear tire cut in the 4th turn at lebanon valley

if i had not been wearing goggles i would quite possibly have actually lost an eye

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Pinecone Sample posted:

I'm at a dirt track for the first time in my life, this poo poo slaps. I've always been warned how gross they are. There's not a lot of dirt in the air here, I reckon it depends on the weather and the size and the shape, because I'm staying clean, wouldn't call it loud, either

You’re probably not clean at all. That clay dust gets everywhere, even if you think you’re in a “safe” area. You’re not.

I was at New Egypt Speedway last Saturday in NJ, we were sitting pretty much middle of the front straight, before entry to turn 1. I was a gritty disgusting mess when I got home. The wind was coming from behind us which was good, didn’t matter. That poo poo gets everywhere. Even in my wife’s cheese fries. That said, dirt racing live is awesome. The 305 sprints and big block mods loving haul rear end and it doesn’t even come close to translating on tv.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
If you ever get a chance, race Bombers at a dirt track. They're practically a half step from the junkyard, and some owners will rent theirs out. I did it one night at Augusta and slung an old broke-rear end LTD sideways for ten minutes around the dirt track outside Fort Gordon, and my wife practically had to do surgery to get the grin off my face.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

GD_American posted:

If you ever get a chance, race Bombers at a dirt track. They're practically a half step from the junkyard, and some owners will rent theirs out. I did it one night at Augusta and slung an old broke-rear end LTD sideways for ten minutes around the dirt track outside Fort Gordon, and my wife practically had to do surgery to get the grin off my face.

I need to know where and when this happens because holy poo poo yes please

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Pinecone Sample posted:

If you sit in the grandstands in turns 1 and 2 at Eldora, you can make the argument you don't need hearing protection. Only racetrack I've been to where you can say that.

GD_American posted:

GD_American Hero.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

The last race was supposed to be an Enduro but I think not a true Enduro and then it started pouring so they just threw the white flag and ended it
fr I've left paved tracks dirtier from parking on dry grass

GD_American posted:

Hahaha I'm sure she was thrilled

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Kyle Busch shows up for an Xfinity race, nobody gets a guaranteed playoff spot and have to race for 2nd place. :lol:

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
Is it just me or does the Trackhouse logo look like a three percenter logo?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
The clownshoes are already on and we are 3 laps in.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Chase Elliott drives off to an IndyCar style margin of victory and completely takes the wind out of Road America's sails.

Best. Season. EVARRRRR.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SRX was pretty fun again this week. Although not really any action until the last 10 laps of the main event. "Too many green flag laps" cautions are funny. Also kind of nice they seem to do a segment on 1 of the drivers every week before the main event. Pretty cool to hear Willy T Ribbs tell his story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt_CPqi18KU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

speaking of SRX

https://twitter.com/SRXracing/status/1412486706020954120

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I hope the ghost of bill Elliott kicks chase's rear end