Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
like this is my first post in this thread in like months cuz i got to see people go from "yeah, gently caress those stupid isekai authors, this guys badass" to like "oh, excuse me, hes raping her? yikes, sorry" in like 5 posts and its loving gross and you should just shut up if you cant help yourself from doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

maybe instead of everyone in japan and everyone in this thread trying to think the the Next Epic Takedown of Isekai we should all just enjoy things we like instead?????

:confused:

Tanon
Mar 14, 2011

I has a hat..
Well; if it’s garbage, then it deserves to be canceled. It could have been a fun premise but I can imagine it being difficult to pull off, even without the sexual assault.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I mean, plenty of manga with a similar concept already exist. Here's a yuri one, where isekai'd people cause disasters, an assassin for the church kills one, but this isekai'd girl reincarnates. It's a bit of a rezero homage but it also has an actual plot/character arc clearly in mind.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The funny thing is the series using Isekai hero's as it's hook for dark edgy fantasy stories is no better than bog standard Isekai series using "someone from another world" as a hook for it's stories. Already one chapter in it's on the same level as the thing it's trying to parody

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

and again even ignoring sexual assault its just clearly off the mark in a lot of ways.

1)

'people who are neets should loving die' is an insanely hosed up thing to say.

2)

this makes no sense as a criticism of most of the series presented. of the many criticisms of rezero or sao you can make, im pretty sure kirito and subaru encounter unexpected hardships and mysteries.

it's just pointless, puerile raging against the concept of a popular genre being popular with no real understanding of its flaws or strengths, or even what the individual things it's parodying actually are. so actually it does make sense this thread would immediately rush to defend it.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

no love lost for this random manga getting canceled but that's such an incredibly bitter sounding post about this thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Erg posted:

no love lost for this random manga getting canceled but that's such an incredibly bitter sounding post about this thread
im making the sa poster slayer manga where everyone is poorly defined parodies of themselves... greetings... 'elg.'

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

im making the sa poster slayer manga where everyone is poorly defined parodies of themselves... greetings... 'elg.'

if you're taking feedback imo "joule" would have worked better from the science nerd aspect but a hearty lol nonetheless

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Erg posted:

if you're taking feedback imo "joule" would have worked better from the science nerd aspect but a hearty lol nonetheless
i would be taking feedback but unfortunately my manga has been cancelled after one post

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the isekai parody genre was already perfected with the introduction of isekai ojisan

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Sorry to interject in the conversation here, but Spike Chunsoft's tweeting about something that might either be an anime or a game? It says TV but that could just as easily be in the title of a game. Solving the puzzle on the site just leads to a countdown timer.

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/1409663302783750152?s=20

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the design of the eyes and the sound 'eye' itself kinda makes me think of ai: the somnium files, maybe an anime of it? thats a complete shot in the dark tho.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
imagine making something as successful as kakegurui and being furious about another genre which is also popular

can't believe we still have to tell people "it's not what something's about, it's how it's about it" in 2021

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

the isekai parody genre was already perfected with the introduction of isekai ojisan

i read like 5 chapters of isekai ojisan and it sucks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mix. posted:

Sorry to interject in the conversation here, but Spike Chunsoft's tweeting about something that might either be an anime or a game? It says TV but that could just as easily be in the title of a game. Solving the puzzle on the site just leads to a countdown timer.

https://twitter.com/SpikeChunsoft_e/status/1409663302783750152?s=20

updaet

https://twitter.com/treylar/status/1409673581848453120

'ai-nirvana.'

yeah this is definitely tied to ai the somnium files.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder

Endorph posted:

i would be taking feedback but unfortunately my manga has been cancelled after one post

you hate to see it

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

trickle down ergonomics

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
The continuing adventures of Aiba and her partner who isn't an anime shrimp eyeball lady.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Endorph posted:

where everyone is poorly defined parodies of themselves

no stealing my gimmick!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Aurora posted:

i read like 5 chapters of isekai ojisan and it sucks

maybe you should love sega more

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Colonel posted:

it doesn't actually have redo of healer in it, the guy they're claiming is that is named identically to the protag of kenja no mago. the manga, was just sort of stupid.

I did not watch Redo of Healer, but from the synopsis I read I don’t think it was even an Isekai?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The thing is even though the Isekai parody manga was bad and mean spirited there have been other isekai/fantasy series just as bad/mean spirited that have kept going....

But being cancelled like this is way more of a funny and memorable ending so it all evens out in the end!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

maybe you should love sega more

the gimmick of him being a dick to people unwittingly because he's a shutin and has no idea what people are like haha got old immediately

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

I did not watch Redo of Healer, but from the synopsis I read I don’t think it was even an Isekai?

the thing with redo is that despite not being an isekai it ends up extremely feeling like one with the way it's structured

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Aurora posted:

the gimmick of him being a dick to people unwittingly because he's a shutin and has no idea what people are like haha got old immediately

that's fair, that's more or less why I couldn't get into Combatants

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The thing is even though the Isekai parody manga was bad and mean spirited there have been other isekai/fantasy series just as bad/mean spirited that have kept going....

But being cancelled like this is way more of a funny and memorable ending so it all evens out in the end!

Yeah the parody manga seems like something that would have made its point in maybe like two chapters and then just belabored the point over its entire run

Again, like a lot of what it's trying to take down

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

are we still doing this "guhhh isekai rofl" poo poo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Just a joke, I'm not ashamed to admit that I've enjoyed a few isekais in my time.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Aurora posted:

are we still doing this "guhhh isekai rofl" poo poo.

We're actually in the parody phase of ironic dislike

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If you're not following Masaaki Yuasa on Twitter, you're missing out on near daily dancing monkey men and it's a pro follow.

https://twitter.com/masaakiyuasa/status/1409124327526518788?s=20

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

he posts good looking curry

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

We're actually in the parody phase of ironic dislike

Eagerly awaiting the deconstruction posting phase!

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
When will we find the Madoka of posting?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
who am i the posting of

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Aurora posted:

the thing with redo is that despite not being an isekai it ends up extremely feeling like one with the way it's structured

native isekai

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mugen Train: pretty good.

I know the year's only half over, but I'm fine with Megalobox 2 being my anime of the year.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Jun 29, 2021

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
been thinkin about yuzo koshiro all day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6m3-h-E4gE

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

been thinkin about yuzo koshiro all day

hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtqLs4Iu9xc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

RIP to isekai The Boys.