Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

some plague rats posted:

Has anyone listened to any of the Talking About series? The only one I've actually listened to is lord of the rings and that was so much fun it's made me wonder if I've been missing out
Huge fan of Ali cracking herself up with terrible riffs

The talking abouts are good, as are Ali's weird ASMRs, and the bonus games they play, basically every thing on the patreon is gold.

The Rude Tales Patreon give more bang for your buck than any other Patreon, I will fight God on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I've listened to every bonus game except the second lasers and feelings, they're all incredible. Beans and revelry and VTM are absolute winners, but none of the Talking About eps have been on subjects I actually know anything about so I skipped over em and now I'm wondering if that was a mistake

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The Rude Tales Patreon give more bang for your buck than any other Patreon, I will fight God on this one.

I signed up for Patreon just for RToM. Black Grail isn't cheap, but holy gently caress do they deliver fantastic content consistently and constantly.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
$10 for one podcast is still to rich for my blood.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

You got another Live show coming on June 28: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rude-tales-of-magic-live-trouble-in-paradise-tickets-158631622453

Oh man they are spoiling us with all these live shows, I just got my poster from the last one hung up all nice.

What NPC do you think will be on the mug this time? I'm hoping it's my man Hot Roddy. Would love to drink a hot toddy out of a mug with the mug of Hot Roddy on it.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Man Bellow did our man hot roddy so wrong last episode, a knife in my heart

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Do it ironically posted:

I mean hot roddy is an rear end in a top hat who bullied his way into the party by claiming to be bellow's dad according to some insane law he probably imagined. The source of his power is being a huge piece of poo poo. If anything bellow was far kinder than he deserved by naming him uncle

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Do it ironically posted:

I loved that moment because it was obvious that Bellow meant it as something kind, Hot Roddy took it as a devastating betrayal, and neither of them were really wrong in thinking of it the way they thought of it.

From Bellow's perspective he's establishing some healthy boundaries while also officially acknowledging that he accepts Hot Roddy as part of his family.

Meanwhile Hot Roddy feels like he's been disowned by the only person he has any sort of meaningful connection with.

It's a situation that's both emotionally complicated and completely ridiculous. Ya get some real pathos from a situation that's still inherently hilarious.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 9, 2021

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Also another killer song from Branson this week about 5 weeks vacation.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New episode is up!

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Something about the new episode has me tensed up from the start. I can't pinpoint it.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

RandomPauI posted:

Something about the new episode has me tensed up from the start. I can't pinpoint it.

A valid feeling.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

A lot of Real poo poo in this episode

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Oh, Rude Tales of Magic!!!! 😵‍💫😵‍💫

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I found myself skipping through the Mr Bellow Goes To Washington bits, just did not do it for me at all

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

some plague rats posted:

I found myself skipping through the Mr Bellow Goes To Washington bits, just did not do it for me at all

I get that, but I gotta say I loved those parts. Political humor isn't for everyone, but that part with Bellow and the insurance denier who got blown up was hilarious to me.

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

I get that, but I gotta say I loved those parts. Political humor isn't for everyone, but that part with Bellow and the insurance denier who got blown up was hilarious to me.

It made me further appreciate how quick of a thinker Joe Lepore is.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
Joe is really good at being a smart guy playing a kinda dumb guy.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

It wasn't even bad, just unfortunate that it was surrounded by Cordelia visiting jail on one side and De Bonesby And Stirfry Try To Help on the other

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I did like that Branson made good on his promise about the mean and hungry wolf inside him that would make Bellow pay for the rules he made

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

help, I have had Ding Dong stuck in my head since I listened to that episode

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

This has me convinced of something that I had already suspected from his writing, Chris Hastings has done coke at least once

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Live show pre-show about to start! Will they top the car loving from the last pre-show? can anything top that ever?

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.
Is the show on YouTube or only Vimeo? YouTube makes it real easy to get on my tv :/

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

Ten minutes into the preshow and already dicks out. New record.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I don't think it quite reached the level of depravity of the carfucking or the orgy of disrespect for ARE TROOPS, even with actual dicks on screen.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

CAT ON STREAM

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I'll miss you Naughty Nico.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Awww, this ends in a surprisingly wholesome way. A happy ending for all!

.....except for those poor wisdom crabs.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Which live show does Albee have a gun?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Which live show does Albee have a gun?

Debonesby has one in the pirate live show, I don't think Albee has ever had one though?

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Debonesby has one in the pirate live show, I don't think Albee has ever had one though?

The World War one, Cry for Freedom she had one and if I remember right pretty hilariously shot a dude.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

HMS Beagle posted:

I'll miss you Naughty Nico.
*arms crossed double V sign*

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

seaborgium posted:

The World War one, Cry for Freedom she had one and if I remember right pretty hilariously shot a dude.

Oh poo poo you're right! I forgot about that one!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

seaborgium posted:

drat, I missed this one and it’s not up in their store. Woe is me.

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

I haven't joined the patreon yet, do they do more text adventure games, is that a regular feature?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

I haven't joined the patreon yet, do they do more text adventure games, is that a regular feature?

They've done two so far, they've done other games as well.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Also, in case anyone isn't on the discord or missed the bit in the last live show, something is coming out near the end of this month for the Patreon. At least I think it's a Patreon exclusive, it's still unknown at this point. They've got a kind of ARG going on related to this twitter account https://twitter.com/ohthesethose . What's been discovered so far points to a show set in space, with a pretty bad rear end theme song.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

New episode just dropped!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Stroop There It Is posted:

help, I have had Ding Dong stuck in my head since I listened to that episode

GOD SAME