Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I'm still not clear on what the overfill slip is can we get a detailed explanation on that? Like do they basically give you the difference for free or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Taima posted:

I'm still not clear on what the overfill slip is can we get a detailed explanation on that? Like do they basically give you the difference for free or something?

It's a piece of paper that says "overfill slip" at the top that has sections for the date, pump, amount you asked for, amount that was filled, and the person who did it. Then they can refund you the difference in cash or on your card at the customer service counter.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Huh. That's pretty interesting, thanks.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Bruh, the guy was kind of a jerk but it was minor and something with an end result of you just telling your wife or friend that the attendant was a jerk. Let it go and move on. No further action necessary.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That attendant absolutely deserves to lose their job over something like that. How dare they have a bad day. $22 in free gas would barely cover the damage done to my ego.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

AHH F/UGH posted:

... I said "$25 of r-" and he cuts me off

He didn't hear you. He is working around cars that are running, pumps that are running, co-workers that are yelling. He didn't hear you and asked if regular was ok.

AHH F/UGH posted:

and goes "REGULAR OKAY" and takes the card and walks to the pump and I was like to my wife "wow that guy is in a hurry, he knew what I wanted I guess because everyone gets regular or something?"

You didn't answer his question and the air temp in Oregon over the last few days has been over 110 degrees during the day. I'm not sticking around if you aren't answering, I'm trying to survive in that heat.

Then you have the lovely rear end demand that you be reimbursed for fuel THAT YOU ARE GETTING REIMBURSED FOR. Who do you work for? I want to file a complaint.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Well the issue is that a lowly gas pump employee dared to speak down to them. Are you just going to let the dregs of society walk all over you?

Back on topic: those frozen lime chicken rice burritos are not good. Are there any Costco frozen burritos that can pass muster?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

Back on topic: those frozen lime chicken rice burritos are not good. Are there any Costco frozen burritos that can pass muster?

Are those the Red's? I liked those. I did buy a box of breakfast burritos there that I returned because they were 95% potato in the filling. I forget the brand, but it was the "healthy"-er one.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Jokerpilled Drudge posted:

El Jebus posted:

Are those the Red's? I liked those. I did buy a box of breakfast burritos there that I returned because they were 95% potato in the filling. I forget the brand, but it was the "healthy"-er one.

The vegetarian Reds were good (not sure they have them anymore). The chicken ends up with a weird texture that isn’t very appetizing. I also tried some frozen burrito bowls that were utterly inedible so stay away from those.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

El Jebus posted:

Those are the ones, they taste really tangy which is not what im really expecting from a burrito. It is a pretty unique flavor though

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Enos Cabell posted:

Maybe move out of whatever hell state doesn't let you pump your own gas.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Ask your job for a raise instead of unlimited $25 gas cards

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Chicken bakes, dogs, or gas. Nobody overfills for free

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Can you buy $50 worth of gas or do you have to get $25 twice?

How are you supposed to accurately track your mpg if you can't fill your tank all the way?

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

FogHelmut posted:

Can you buy $50 worth of gas or do you have to get $25 twice?

How are you supposed to accurately track your mpg if you can't fill your tank all the way?

No because my gas tank isn’t large enough for $50 fills right now and it’s doled out in $25 increments and we have to turn in receipts (people abused it in the past), so if we get gas and it isn’t in some increment of that, we don’t get reimbursed. It’s not tracked in mpg either, we have a program online where we plug in our route and it automatically calculates mileage and whatnot. Our job often has us on the road driving around to customers out in the field (large machinery and farm equipment) so don’t think I don’t understand hot rear end dusty weather either. I make a concerted effort to try and be louder and clearer when I’m asking for these amounts because I don’t want them to gently caress it up. He definitely had to hear me say ‘25’ but didn’t verbally confirm the amount I wanted - but the issue was how he handled it afterwards regardless. If I talked to and blamed my customers’ country drawl or something the way he talked to me for something that I didn’t confirm and just assumed they wanted, my rear end would get Karened on as well.

Also hilarious that some people here think that getting a gas allowance is like free money or something. Do you also think employer match on a 401k is free money too? If I don’t use it and use it right I’m just giving my money away to the company. I’m going to get a dog and drink tomorrow to wash away the guilt and pain I feel for crushing this poor man. Also maybe a slice of cheese.

AHH F/UGH fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Jun 30, 2021

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
drat, you must've been running on fumes to be able to do $47 but the tank is too small for $50.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

AHH F/UGH posted:

No because my gas tank isn’t large enough for $50 fills right now and it’s doled out in $25 increments and we have to turn in receipts (people abused it in the past), so if we get gas and it isn’t in some increment of that, we don’t get reimbursed. It’s not tracked in mpg either, we have a program online where we plug in our route and it automatically calculates mileage and whatnot. Our job often has us on the road driving around to customers out in the field (large machinery and farm equipment) so don’t think I don’t understand hot rear end dusty weather either. I make a concerted effort to try and be louder and clearer when I’m asking for these amounts because I don’t want them to gently caress it up. He definitely had to hear me say ‘25’ but didn’t verbally confirm the amount I wanted - but the issue was how he handled it afterwards regardless. If I talked to and blamed my customers’ country drawl or something the way he talked to me for something that I didn’t confirm and just assumed they wanted, my rear end would get Karened on as well.

Also hilarious that some people here think that getting a gas allowance is like free money or something. Do you also think employer match on a 401k is free money too? If I don’t use it and use it right I’m just giving my money away to the company. I’m going to get a dog and drink tomorrow to wash away the guilt and pain I feel for crushing this poor man. Also maybe a slice of cheese.

You're just an rear end in a top hat. Gas guy hosed up, but you're an rear end in a top hat

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This thread right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuH91bQXDuE

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

AHH F/UGH posted:

I love that a whole 45 total seconds of an interaction with someone has caused you to write multiple paragraph about how hard your life is and how rough you have it. It's fascinating to watch someone bend themselves into a pretzel because a clerk didn't bow properly to Their Lordship Costco Card Holder.

I hope you enjoy your dog and drink as much as you can through that mouthful of ashes.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

AHH F/UGH posted:

Take your rear end over to Sam's Club where you belong.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

they came into the thread and thought they were going to get praised for telling on themselves that they're an rear end in a top hat snitch

Go away, snitch

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

fizzymercury posted:

Aw thanks so much for this! I have fennel wasting away in my crisper and I didn't know what to do with it. Sounds good.

Try the apples. I do two small honeycrisps or opals per half sheet pan of sprouts and as much onion as I can fit in there. Hit it with some extra pepper, it need it.

It's so drat good with just bacon and apples. Make sure you dice the bacon or it cooks badly. I do olive oil, s&p, and a few good shakes of crushed red pepper. If it needs "something" at the end, give it a splash of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.

We have the "Everything's Better with Bacon" cookbook, and the bacon apple crisp is amazing.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Inspector 34 posted:

drat, you must've been running on fumes to be able to do $47 but the tank is too small for $50.

I mean lol free gas and he's driving a smart car.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

FogHelmut posted:

I bought a tandem kayak, went in it once with my wife, sold it immediately after.

Just buy two kayaks.

The plan is actually to have a tandem and a single and I'll just drive the tandem by myself and she'll drive the single and that way we have an extra seat for when her sister comes to town or whatever.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

AHH F/UGH posted:

Do you also think employer match on a 401k is free money too?

yes

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I accidentally stopped at a full service gas station exactly one time in my life and it was really weird sitting there as someone 3' away pumped my gas for me. Incredible that 16-year-olds are allowed to fly down the road going 80 while texting in an SUV but someone in their 40s can't pump their own gas for safety reasons in the same states. :lol:

The only thing that frustrates me about the 'co gas pumps is I always seemingly am stuck in the line where people drag the hose across their trunks because the tank is on the other side of the car. Every vehicle I have ever been in has an arrow on the gas gauge to indicate which side the tank is on. Don't make me wait longer just cause you don't wanna wait with the other GMC owners. This lane's for passenger side tanks, bub!!!

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 30, 2021

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Whenever I visit my in-laws in Brazil, I have to have my rental car filled up by someone working at the gas station, and they always overfill the tank. You can hear the click, click, click sound as they try to reach some rounded-off BRL amount.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Bloodplay it again posted:

I accidentally stopped at a full service gas station exactly one time in my life and it was really weird sitting there as someone 3' away pumped my gas for me. Incredible that 16-year-olds are allowed to fly down the road going 80 while texting in an SUV but someone in their 40s can't pump their own gas for safety reasons in the same states. :lol:

The only thing that frustrates me about the 'co gas pumps is I always seemingly am stuck in the line where people drag the hose across their trunks because the tank is on the other side of the car. Every vehicle I have ever been in has an arrow on the gas gauge to indicate which side the tank is on. Don't make me wait longer just cause you don't wanna wait with the other GMC owners. This lane's for passenger side tanks, bub!!!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

As god intended.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

This is a thing that Costco gas pumps are great for, it doesn't matter where you go, the nozzle will reach. They are designed that way. Maybe you should be open to using all pumps instead of the ones you think are just for your specific pump side :colbert:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Right. Complaining about the 5 extra seconds it takes for me to walk the hose around to the other side of my vehicle is also incredibly pedantic, like complaining about extra gas.

What the gently caress happened to this thread? It's just people complaining about inane bullshit now. Pandemic ends, people return to society and they've turned into children.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Can we go back to whining about onions or whatever?

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Long hoses and the people that don't know their existence or how to use them are mega time savers for me.

Poster is right that pumped kid was being poo poo, but cut people some slack. We all exist in this hellscape together. Don't need to go all crab bucket.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Hey it is no sweat off my back if you wanna scratch your own trunk with the gravel attached to the hose but the pumps here require you to physically press a safety while pumping and we don't have those extra long hoses at my 'co, so you're standing there with a short hose parked 0.5" from the pump to get it to reach. My experience stems from a pump attendant getting chewed out at a neighboring pump because the customer scratched the poo poo out of their tailgate instead of just going to a driver-side pump.

I'm jealous of the stations with the long hoses though, for sure. Here, it is people going "oops not close enough" and taking an extra 45-60 sec to turn the vehicle back on and pull forward so they can backup closer to the pump. It's much slower. Still worth saving about $0.30/gal regardless of the pump situation.

While I'm pump complaining, the worst feeling in the world is when the person who used the pump before you prints a receipt but doesn't grab it, so when you are finished filling up and decide not to get one, the pump attendant comes up to rip the previous receipt out and assumes it is yours. Feels bad.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jun 30, 2021

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Oh

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

My experience stems from a pump attendant getting chewed out at a neighboring pump because the customer scratched the poo poo out of their tailgate instead of just going to a driver-side pump.

AHH F/UGH strikes again

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Can we talk about Kirkland trail mix? Whoever recommended that can kindly come take it away from me. I wanna eat it from a feed bag.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Anyone get the Girl Scout Thin Mint covered almonds?

Bigchops
Mar 13, 2005
Biggus Choppus

Hey it is no sweat off my back if you wanna scratch your own trunk with the gravel attached to the hose but the pumps here require you to physically press a safety while pumping and we don't have those extra long hoses at my 'co, so you're standing there with a short hose parked 0.5" from the pump to get it to reach. My experience stems from a pump attendant getting chewed out at a neighboring pump because the customer scratched the poo poo out of their tailgate instead of just going to a driver-side pump.

I'm jealous of the stations with the long hoses though, for sure. Here, it is people going "oops not close enough" and taking an extra 45-60 sec to turn the vehicle back on and pull forward so they can backup closer to the pump. It's much slower. Still worth saving about $0.30/gal regardless of the pump situation.

While I'm pump complaining, the worst feeling in the world is when the person who used the pump before you prints a receipt but doesn't grab it, so when you are finished filling up and decide not to get one, the pump attendant comes up to rip the previous receipt out and assumes it is yours. Feels bad.

The hoses are specifically designed not to scratch a car's paint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Getting gas is one of the easiest things you do. How the gently caress are yall so butthurt about it? :wtc: