Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
:staredog: So there's, uh, there's a leaked audio making the rounds in Peru. It was presented by the same guy who dropped the Vladivideos in 2000. And it's also about Vladimiro Montesinos.

Quick refresher course: the Vladivideos were the direct cause of Alberto Fujimori's downfall. In them, his intelligence chief and right-hand man, Vladimiro Montesinos, was seen handing massive bribes to opposition congressmen to get them to switch parties. Montesinos was later arrested for an endless list of turbocrimes, both of the corruption and against-humanity variety, and is serving life in a military (naval?) prison.

Apparently Montesinos has been coordinating from prison the payout of million-dollar bribes to the Peruvian electoral board so they could give an extension to the review process (which is what Keiko's team was counting on to ratfuck the ballots), but this fell through when the plans of an extension got leaked to the press and the electoral board members got cold feet.

I'm not entirely sure I buy it, since the agenda of the guy dropping this is to declare the entire election void and have a do-over, this time with Keiko disqualified, but I feel like things could get pretty ugly. Still, big lol if Montesinos ends up bringing two Fujimoris down.

https://twitter.com/Lauletras/status/1408267754206076930?s=19

e: according to this, Montesinos was also behimd the letter from retired generals threatening a coup against Castillo

SexyBlindfold has issued a correction as of 09:37 on Jun 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

SexyBlindfold posted:

and is serving life in a military (naval?) prison.

He actually oversaw the construction of that prison back when he was head of the National Intelligence Service, before being arrested and thrown in it, so hopefully he feels at home there.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

fermun posted:

He actually oversaw the construction of that prison back when he was head of the National Intelligence Service, before being arrested and thrown in it, so hopefully he feels at home there.

Might have spy fiction brain going on but half a mind thinking that's exactly the idea, if he's still able to throw around massive bribes from inside prison he's probably not uncomfortable there.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

SexyBlindfold posted:

:staredog: So there's, uh, there's a leaked audio making the rounds in Peru. It was presented by the same guy who dropped the Vladivideos in 2000. And it's also about Vladimiro Montesinos.

Quick refresher course: the Vladivideos were the direct cause of Alberto Fujimori's downfall. In them, his intelligence chief and right-hand man, Vladimiro Montesinos, was seen handing massive bribes to opposition congressmen to get them to switch parties. Montesinos was later arrested for an endless list of turbocrimes, both of the corruption and against-humanity variety, and is serving life in a military (naval?) prison.

Apparently Montesinos has been coordinating from prison the payout of million-dollar bribes to the Peruvian electoral board so they could give an extension to the review process (which is what Keiko's team was counting on to ratfuck the ballots), but this fell through when the plans of an extension got leaked to the press and the electoral board members got cold feet.

I'm not entirely sure I buy it, since the agenda of the guy dropping this is to declare the entire election void and have a do-over, this time with Keiko disqualified, but I feel like things could get pretty ugly. Still, big lol if Montesinos ends up bringing two Fujimoris down.

https://twitter.com/Lauletras/status/1408267754206076930?s=19

e: according to this, Montesinos was also behimd the letter from retired generals threatening a coup against Castillo

the peruvian Manafort

nothing but endless crimes

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmericaElige/status/1408392957779140608

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lula owns

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nonsense posted:

Lula owns

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Time for some lawfare

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lmao

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Lula!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
Greetings! Athanatos and I are running a C-SPAM feedback thread, and we want to make sure as much of the C-SPAM community as possible is aware of it, in case you want to give the site admins direct feedback on stuff.

Athanatos posted:

Hello CSPAM folks. Shine and I are admins here on SA and we need your help. Tell us about CSPAM! We want to hear good things, bad things, neutral things. I cant be a good admin and help with poo poo if I don't know about a place, so here I am. Things we'd love to hear about include:

• Threads that are great. Things that are funny or entertaining or informative. Why do you think as such?
  • People who deserve recognition for being great here and adding to the community. Forums are nothing without worth-a-poo poo people, who is under-recognized and deserves some props?
  • Things that loving suck in CSPAM. No place is roses all the time. What needs changed and WHY? What might not need a change per say...but is something you don't like.

This is your chance to write words about your home forum.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Hope he lands a few division of Cubans on election night, just as the libs tell me he would.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

dumb prediction:

im going to hear multiple times lula is rightwing bc glenn helped free him

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I think the more realistic answer is once Lula gets in power and if nothing happens he will get cancelled for whatever right wing thing he does as he inevitably will

because in the end he isn’t a fire brand no matter what the US liked to pretend

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean I think the more realistic answer is once Lula gets in power and if nothing happens he will get cancelled for whatever right wing thing he does as he inevitably will

because in the end he isn’t a fire brand no matter what the US liked to pretend

maybe the fact he was imprisoned and blocked from running will give him a loving clue

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

comedyblissoption posted:

dumb prediction:

im going to hear multiple times lula is rightwing bc glenn helped free him

The Economist takes will be funny.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/SenateurMoise/status/1194569290856443905

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

she's seen the meme
https://twitter.com/Joannahausmann/status/1409374940227321858?s=20

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

After many years of brutal torture by the Maduro regime, joanna hausmann has finally been reunited with her hispanic last name

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

I like the follow up tweet, which provides additional information without in any way contradicting the point:

https://twitter.com/venepoetics/status/1409235190950543363

Hmm, yes, there were several waves of European immigration to Latin America. Which in no way contradict the fact that this guy, much like Joanna Hausmann, were rich and white in Latin America, while trying to use American more narrow definition of whiteness to pretend they were ever in any way marginalized.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Maduro has much work to do.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1409602462026186752?s=19

:420::toot::420:

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

El papa controla todo con su majestuosa empresa

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

reading over the d&d latam thread back during the heady days of the bolivian coup and lol i forgot someone registered just to post about how terrible morales was

Wobbuffet posted:

Hi, I'm Bolivian-American and have lived in Bolivia for several years. The discussion about Evo Morales prompted me to post here for the first time. I'm very likely going to be called a neo-liberal, right-winger or CIA shill, but I still wanted to voice an anti-Evo Morales opinion for anyone else reading. There is a large chunk of Bolivians, including myself, who truly disliked Morales for many reasons.

One of my biggest gripes with him is his authoritative streak (like him running for a fourth term despite our constitution limiting presidents to 2 terms only - and this after ignoring a referendum done in February 21st, 2016 in which Bolivianos told him not to run again), but he has done plenty of other things that have angered Bolivians. Morales loosened restrictions for farmers to burn down large swaths of Amazon rainforest (now 40% has been burned to the ground and 2 million animals have died), has made numerous sexist and homophobic comments against female politicians, has cracked down on independent journalism (one example is him opening up a defamation case against a journalist), rampant government corruption, he built a 34 million high-rise for himself, etc.

I will not deny that Morales has done some good things for Bolivia. I don't see this issue as starkly black or white. But his thirst for power is very alarming for me, my friends and family, and hundreds of thousands of other Bolivianos.

I do not condone the burning of Morales' sister's house or other forms of violence. However, as I write this, there are pro-MAS supporters who are burning down houses in Cota Cota, Achumani, Calacoto and my friends and family are fearing for their lives.

listen to bolivigoons!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

megalodong posted:

reading over the d&d latam thread back during the heady days of the bolivian coup and lol i forgot someone registered just to post about how terrible morales was

listen to bolivigoons!

this loving ruled. the last post going on about how there's lots of indigenous people in the opposition to morales :allears:

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I do not condone the burning of Morales' sister's house or other forms of violence. However,

going further back in the thread to find the guy with a giant hate boner for amlo got banned for...

everythingWasBees posted:

ban dt because he's a lesbophobic creep who's an admin for a booru dedicated to straight guys loving lesbians

all these right-wingers are freaks and perverts

megalodong has issued a correction as of 12:21 on Jun 30, 2021

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Exhibit A against the "there is no government/intelligence meddling on Something Awful" line

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

megalodong posted:

I do not condone the burning of Morales' sister's house or other forms of violence. However,

going further back in the thread to find the guy with a giant hate boner for amlo got banned for...

all these right-wingers are freaks and perverts

yo what the gently caress

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

on the goon beat, reporting to my handlers the troubling contents of the OP

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

unmodding r guy was an op

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
in other news:

boric surge??????
https://twitter.com/AmericaElige/status/1410356966988341249?s=20

boric surge.......
https://twitter.com/AmericaElige/status/1410268268036767746?s=20

(Jadue is still expected to win the primary, but El Boris™ was considered to perform better in the debate. The right-wing has all but assumed they'll have to face Jadue and have ramped up the media offensive against him accordingly. Their most recent effort was demanding a formal apology for Jadue's high school yearbook stating he hated jews.)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I can't believe Corbyn Jadue did that

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

peru election still not certified?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fast Luck posted:

peru election still not certified?

Last I saw one of the people who would do that was a fujimori supporter who resigned meaning it became impossible with the intention of stalling stuff until Congress or whatever it is can force a new election

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
seems like Fujimori is done. she might get out of the country, but I don't think there's any international actors that are going to back her at this point

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Well she has enough friends domestically that the authorities still haven't admitted she lost. Seems bad.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008

thanxs!!!
The electoral board is expected to "not exceed July 15th" for a final certification ("hopefully"), now that all ballots have been reviewed.
https://gestion.pe/peru/politica/jne-espera-no-exceder-del-15-de-julio-para-anunciar-al-candidato-ganador-de-las-elecciones-nndc-noticia/
The official twitter account places the deadline at July 28th.
https://twitter.com/JNE_Peru/status/1410630875704967177?s=20
lmao

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it seems like this sort of sore loser nonsense would only serve to weaken the candidate in the case of a re-election, surely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012
Might be Fujimori's last chance to avoid prison so optics aren't exactly an issue