Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

they tell him to stop but horii just announces 3 more games back at them

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

modern s-e is deeply trash EXCEPT ht whoever kawazu has dirt on keeps getting promoted and being forced to let him keep making SaGa games, remastering sAgA games, etc. And also yuji horii and their indentured servant yoko taro

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

elf help book posted:

they tell him to stop but horii just announces 3 more games back at them

lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
They've got a sorting hat that sends the good kids to work on dragon quest and evil kids to work on the ff remasters

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

i ate 100mg of edibles last weekend and sat in bed playing ff7r intergrade tears streaming down my face because of how loving hot tifa is

lmao

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Arrhythmia posted:

They've got a sorting hat that sends the good kids to work on dragon quest and evil kids to work on the ff remasters

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

modern s-e is deeply trash EXCEPT ht whoever kawazu has dirt on keeps getting promoted and being forced to let him keep making SaGa games, remastering sAgA games, etc. And also yuji horii and their indentured servant yoko taro

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Yes.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lightning Returns steam page posted:

Thank you for your continued support of LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII.
An update of the game has been implemented as of 12th July 2021.

Update Content:
Fixed an issue of Lightning’s voice not being played in some scenes.

We hope you continue to have fun with LIGHTNING RETURNS: FINAL FANTASY XIII.

Very well. Time for a replay.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Went to the mall today for the first time in forever and picked up a 300 page official strategy guide for FFXIII-2 so I guess it's time for me to do a replay too.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQiuh_RUUw

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

wots the best way to play ff7 on pc these days? i remembr hearing years ago the steam version sucked

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dongicus posted:

wots the best way to play ff7 on pc these days? i remembr hearing years ago the steam version sucked

Press play on the launcher

I tried some of the upscales and model replacers and they looked weird or bad.

Regular ff7 feels timeless

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

hell yea

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Dongicus posted:

Satsukis mod is the way to go on PC IMO. There are several upscale packs but theirs is the best out of all of them. They started with AI upscales but then went through all of it and touched it up by hand to minimize the weird artifacts that can happen when utilizing ESRGAN and the like. You can also choose which aspects you want enabled, so if you want just the backgrounds, spell effects and 30fps cutscenes and not the new non-chibi field models for example you can do so.

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=20434.0

Otherwise I'd say PS1 version, either console or emulated but rendered at no more then 480p. Rendering character models in higher resolutions clash badly with the blurry low res fields, especially in the PC, PS4 and Switch versions where they're even lower quality then they were on the PS1.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Big Bizness posted:

Satsukis mod is the way to go on PC IMO. There are several upscale packs but theirs is the best out of all of them. They started with AI upscales but then went through all of it and touched it up by hand to minimize the weird artifacts that can happen when utilizing ESRGAN and the like. You can also choose which aspects you want enabled, so if you want just the backgrounds, spell effects and 30fps cutscenes and not the new non-chibi field models for example you can do so.

https://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=20434.0

Otherwise I'd say PS1 version, either console or emulated but rendered at no more then 480p. Rendering character models in higher resolutions clash badly with the blurry low res fields, especially in the PC, PS4 and Switch versions where they're even lower quality then they were on the PS1.

i spent three hours downloading texture packs and ended up with a sloth x cloud hybrid

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

i spent three hours downloading texture packs and ended up with a sloth x cloud hybrid

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lmao

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Lmao

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

I know that feeling, FF7 is usually a total pain in the rear end to mod, but that Satsuki mod is a single installer exe, pretty painless!

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

lol

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

lmao

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I felt like listening to Crazy Chocobo today for some reason: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4 and saw the artist, Shootie HG, commented on that youtube upload just a week ago!

Shootie HG posted:

When I was arranging this track, I didn't want to go doom/gloom metal knowing how eclectic the FF fans were. I wanted a chorus that said "chocobo" over and over because it's a fun word, and who doesn't want to imagine riding a chocobo. Due to my history of me loving FF since the PS1, I was honored to have got this gig. When this song came out, this may even be the actual video I found shortly after the reveal, it was a pre-release before the actual game. The negativity was overbearing. It seemed to be a complete fail, my ego took a huge hit, and I did my best to move on. Being a gamer myself and getting a job like this, made it super personal for me. 10 years later I see this vid in my feed and decide to take a look and there's finally more Likes than Dislikes, people are commenting in a positive manner... some are exclaiming that it's amazing or it's made their day. What a fantastic feeling almost a decade later. I feel I want to share at this point... whether you swing a hammer or write music, "do your thing", you will respect yourself for it. When people claim you've ruined something, write articles bashing you, upload videos mocking you... it could mean you're on the right path. Take chances or risk being normal. "Let's Ride!!"
made me feel good final fanty feelings

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
awesome

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

About to hit the last mission chain in A Realm Reborn at level 49.

Sometimes i really love this game and sometimes i hate it. Depends how much of a traditional mmorpg it feels like being at any moment, but on my 2nd go with the game I’m enjoying it much more than the first.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

tao of lmao posted:

About to hit the last mission chain in A Realm Reborn at level 49.

Sometimes i really love this game and sometimes i hate it. Depends how much of a traditional mmorpg it feels like being at any moment, but on my 2nd go with the game I’m enjoying it much more than the first.

It's going to be pretty bad for the immediate post-ARR stuff, then it gets really consistently good.

Even in ARR though I felt like the game justified itself as an actual mainline FF game. The big emphasis on story throughout surprised me, having not really played an MMO since early WoW.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

P-Mack posted:

It's going to be pretty bad for the immediate post-ARR stuff, then it gets really consistently good.

Even in ARR though I felt like the game justified itself as an actual mainline FF game. The big emphasis on story throughout surprised me, having not really played an MMO since early WoW.

this. the post ARR poo poo is so boring, but the payoff and heavensward are great.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

this. the post ARR poo poo is so boring, but the payoff and heavensward are great.

doing post-ARR live was what dropped me out of the game, it was so insanely fuckin bad. you'd get hype for a new patch and then hey whoops more awful msq to do to get to any of the fun stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartlancer
Nov 18, 2003
but you get to collect crystals and talk to npcs and deliver items and play hide and seek with the orphans