Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I can't imagine a form of entertainment more dull than a screenshot lets play of a videogame

but boatmurdered was great tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

There's no shortage of great screenshot LP's in that subforum.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I can't imagine a form of entertainment more dull than a screenshot lets play of a videogame

a picture's worth a thousand words

you also appear to have a very unhappy relationship with videogames

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Vic posted:

you also appear to have a very unhappy relationship with videogames

Yes true but also I started sekiro tonight and its great

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Lodin posted:

That's all we had in my days, you young whippersnapper! :argh:

E: and people who say modding sucks can suck it.

How did I hear "gotta go fast" in maleshep's voice

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

How does anybody know what maleshep's voice sounds like? You doing a gimmick run or something?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

flavor.flv posted:

How does anybody know what maleshep's voice sounds like? You doing a gimmick run or something?

i found the most adequate descriptor for maleshep and his voice would be "goober"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

flavor.flv posted:

I.. I played maleshep...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Yes true but also I started sekiro tonight and its great

:unsmith:

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Male Shep is the only choice because default male is the only face that Bioware but any effort into.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Male Shep is fine. Ninety percent of the content is the exact smae and I can assure you I was skipping past enough voice work that it never mattered

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

jokes posted:

I.. I played maleshep...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Screenshot LPs are automatically better than 99.999% of the video let's plays out there on the modern internet, thanks to the fact that it's literally impossible to make one without putting at least some minimal effort into format and editing.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

And, importantly, good screenshot LPs are not getting in the way of anything. LPers talk over their loving game so goddamn much

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

jokes posted:

And, importantly, good screenshot LPs are not getting in the way of anything. LPers talk over their loving game so goddamn much

Are you one of these folk who turn the commentary down when you watch sports?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I can highly recommend this in regards to sky's coverage of f1

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

JollyBoyJohn posted:

watch... sports?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

ilmucche posted:

I can highly recommend this in regards to sky's coverage of f1

I can recommend turning off more than the sound with F1

i enjoy the start and finish but the middle 50 laps is just unwatchable

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Depends, does the commentator refer to their listeners by some weird proper noun like “Madden Gang” and have a thumbnail of them looking at a low-res picture of athletes with their mouth open and their eyes widened? And is the game titled something clickbait like “WORLD FIRST 3RD INNING… MURDER??”

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

jokes posted:

Plus for a while now games have had nice photo modes that actually enhance the graphics, so it genuinely looks nicer.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I hate photo modes. Theres hardly ever a time when I want to take a photo and the ones where you click both sticks to activate is loving wonderful when you do it accidentally in the middle of combat

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
anyone else really disappointed that the PT knockoff genre never went anywhere?
nobody would accuse bloober team of being anything but just okay
frictional's last game sucked bigtime and clearly didn't follow any of the lessons they preached in their own blogposts
that 'akuma kira' dude who made 'spooky's house of jumpscares' and 'lost in vivo' has the right idea but seems doomed to be a destitute avante garde artist that will never get the recognition they deserve
scorn looks pretty neat if it ever actually comes out

i just can't believe that gold rush yielded nothing but poo poo

wait nevermind i forgot about allison road, that genre defining masterpiece

e:pronouns

Pac and Cheese fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 1, 2021

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Photo modes are like sound tests in mega drive games, its cool they are there but I'm just never ever gonna want to use them

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

fridge corn posted:

I hate photo modes. Theres hardly ever a time when I want to take a photo and the ones where you click both sticks to activate is loving wonderful when you do it accidentally in the middle of combat

I've never come across that phenomenon, that sounds super annoying. I used to hate them because it seemed so pointless, but once playing Returnal and now once playing Ratchet and Clank, I was so taken with an image I wanted to snap it. I'll probably never look at them again, and I'm sure as poo poo never 'sharing' them or use whatever folksy social media integration everything seems obsessed with. But after watching a video from an actual photographer examine, explain and rate all the tools in God of War, I gained a much better appreciation for how actually Camera Mode these days is a pretty cool™ thing.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Only photo mode I ever used was for Nioh 2, cause of how cool the attack animations are and how you can advance them frame-by-frame to set up some cool shots.

Archer666 fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jul 1, 2021

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
i love photo modes and they should always be accessible by one button press that isn't accidentally pressed very often. like up on the dpad or some poo poo
hopefully next gen consoles will have a dedicated button that will probably be in some idiotic place that's cumbersome or easily mashed accidentally and then the console after that will nail it

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I hope Bloober Team's Silent Hill is all about circumcision trauma.

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast

Kennel posted:

I hope Bloober Team's Silent Hill is all about circumcision trauma.

it's pretty much like if blumhouse got the rights to hereditary 2 i want nothing to do with it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

jokes posted:

Depends, does the commentator refer to their listeners by some weird proper noun like “Madden Gang” and have a thumbnail of them looking at a low-res picture of athletes with their mouth open and their eyes widened? And is the game titled something clickbait like “WORLD FIRST 3RD INNING… MURDER??”

don't give them ideas

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Mac and Cheese posted:

i love photo modes and they should always be accessible by one button press that isn't accidentally pressed very often. like up on the dpad or some poo poo
hopefully next gen consoles will have a dedicated button that will probably be in some idiotic place that's cumbersome or easily mashed accidentally and then the console after that will nail it

Look at this dummy who doesn't have a nintendo switch

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Photomode is made so people can create free marketing photos share experiences online.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The latest Tomb Raider's photo mode is pretty good, because you can change Lara's facial expression during the cutscenes. Unfortunately there is pretty limited number of faces and poses.

Garry's mod level of freedom would be lovely, but I guess studios don't want people to get too horny with their screenshots.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Star Citizen is paving the way for all video game companies. Goons don't want to admit it but CIG and RSI and HDDVD are the way of the future.

You think every video game developer isn't looking at Star Citizen going "gently caress they don't even have a game and people love that poo poo!" You're wondering why games keep getting released half finished at best and DLC and poo poo is required to make it halfway acceptable. It's because the chicken poo poo loving developers admire CIG but don't have the balls to try and pull off that level of power move.

We're gonna get to the point that gamers won't be playing games any more, they'll just be playing promises of games. Cyberpunk almost did it but they got scared and released something at the last minute. gently caress that. gently caress releasing anything real. Release some bit piece demos to keep the dream alive and nothing else but promises and lore.

You're fools if you think a few Call of Duty's down the line they aren't gonna be showcasing some basic rear end shooting and a couple guns but promising an entire living world that will absolutely make you as valid as a real solider. Just keep funding that dream. This is technology as it is meant to be made and used.

Either that or Star Citizen is a scam, and we all know which scenario is more likely :smug:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

it only works if you target older IT professionals with no family and too much disposable income

itry
Aug 23, 2019

CIG is selling the old and traditional children's game Make-Believe. Star citizens are just channeling their inner child.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

fridge corn posted:

RDR's 2 photo mode is wonderful.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I only use photo mode in multiplayer games. FFXIV's is nice

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

kntfkr posted:

RDR's 2 photo mode is wonderful.

Shame about the gameplay

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I thrououghly enjoyed RDR2 and it's gameplay. That might be because I haven't played every open world.game ever.

The only problem is that it's so big that there's no reason to do everything unless you're insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i love RDR2, its a chill game

I love all video games, even the ones i hate