Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://slate.com/culture/2021/06/mike-krzyzewski-retiring-duke-coach-k-legacy.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kansas non-con schedule released and would you look at that

quote:

2021-22 Kansas Men’s Basketball Non-conference Schedule

Day, Date – Opponent

Wednesday, Nov. 3 – EMPORIA STATE (exhibition)

Tuesday, Nov. 9 – vs. Michigan State (Champions Classic, New York, N.Y.)

Friday, Nov. 12 – TARLETON STATE

Thursday, Nov. 18 – STONY BROOK

Thursday, Nov. 25 – vs. TBD, TBD (ESPN Events Invitational)

Friday, Nov. 26 – vs. TBD, TBD (ESPN Events Invitational)

Sunday, Nov. 28 – vs. TBD, TBD (ESPN Events Invitational)

Thursday, Dec. 2 – at St. John’s (Big East – Big 12 Battle)

Tuesday, Dec. 7 – UTEP (T-Mobile Center, Kansas City, Mo.)

Saturday, Dec. 11 – MISSOURI

Saturday, Dec. 18 – STEPHEN F. AUSTIN

Tuesday, Dec. 21 – at Colorado

Wednesday, Dec. 29 – HARVARD

Saturday, Jan. 1 – Big 12 play begins

March 9-12 – Big 12 Championship (T-Mobile Center, Kansas City, Mo.)

One game TBD – SEC/Big 12 Challenge

Border War back on the menu boys

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

kiimo posted:

Yeah, last year was supposed to be the first of a 6-year series. 2 in Lawrence, 2 in CoMO, 2 in KC. The first game was a KC game and it got shifted to the back end.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

As rumored, Desi Sills couldn't get some credits to transfer to Auburn and will instead enroll at Arkansas State.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

kiimo posted:

They need to schedule a football game so Mizzou has a chance of winning

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1406982753707511810?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have to think this will be important regarding the NCAA's upcoming ruling on KU and the likely lawsuit that will result.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
What the hell was this meeting about?

quote:

MADISON, Wis. -- Wisconsin's seniors were openly critical of coach Greg Gard during a late-season team meeting that was secretly recorded and later got sent to a newspaper.

The Wisconsin State Journal says it received a 37-minute audio file this week of a Feb. 19 team meeting that included seven senior players, Gard and three assistant coaches. The newspaper said that it received the recording from an anonymous email account and that the file included only a portion of the actual meeting.

During the meeting, forward Nate Reuvers tells Gard that "we don't have a relationship" and that "I personally don't think or feel like you care about our future aspirations." Guard Walt McGrory tells Gard "I don't know if I'll ever talk to you again after this."

"He sat there, he listened and there was not one dry eye in the entire room at the end of everything," an unidentified player later told the State Journal. "The biggest thing that he did at the end was he apologized again and he was in tears and he said, 'It's not your fault, it's my fault.'"

Gard told the State Journal "it's so disturbing that somebody would take a private family meeting and make it for public consumption." Wisconsin officials didn't immediately respond to a message seeking comment Tuesday.

Wisconsin went 18-13 and lost to eventual national champion Baylor in the second round of the NCAA tournament this past season. The Badgers had opened the season ranked seventh after winning a share of the Big Ten regular-season title in 2019-20.

Gard owns a 119-70 record with four NCAA tournament berths in six seasons. The Badgers also would have earned an NCAA bid in 2020 if the pandemic hadn't halted the season.

Although the NCAA gave seniors the options to return for one more year of eligibility because of the pandemic, Brad Davison is the only one of Wisconsin's seven 2020-21 seniors who plans to play for the Badgers next season.
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...coach-greg-gard

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
imagine if your only friend was brad davidson

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
every Wisconsin person i've ever known addressed all conceivable interpersonal problems through heavy drinking and silence, what is this sharing feelings and apologizing poo poo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
*sad vol noises*

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

brad davison knows he’s not making it to the pros and wants one last nut punching ride

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:ninja:

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 22, 2021

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Joey Freshwater posted:

Well that sucks. Wish the umps didn’t feel the need to get involved and make it about them but regardless pitching wasn’t great and the guys just didn’t seem to be fired up at all.

Really happy we made it to the CWS and hope Tony sticks around for a long time and gets us back

psst you're in the basketball thread

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

elentar posted:

psst you're in the basketball thread

You’re in the basketball thread!

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
SEC/Big 12 matchups announced. Kentucky plays at Kansas, and Rick Barnes goes back to Austin.

– Baylor at Alabama
– West Virginia at Arkansas
– Oklahoma at Auburn
– Oklahoma State at Florida
– Kentucky at Kansas
– LSU at TCU
– Kansas State at Ole Miss
– Mississippi State at Texas Tech
– Missouri at Iowa State
– Tennessee at Texas

UGA, SC, A&M, and Vandy are left out.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Tech's basketball schedule next year is turning out to be quite fun.

@ Providence (I'm going to have to figure out a way to go to this, despite it being 3 days before we leave for our destination wedding)

vs Gonzaga (Az)

vs Miss State

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NicoleAuerbach/status/1408825773465772034

I also posted this in the NCAA football thread but it obviously will be pretty important for basketball too

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
VT Maryland for the ACC Big Ten challenge should be pretty fun, though not 100% sure how competitive it'll be this year. VT's also got a bunch of top 100 players visiting, and seems to be in a good spot for some really good talent this year. Mike Young just got a three year extension, if he can get some results on the trail we'll be in an incredibly good position going forward.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

The whole slate for the ACC-Big Ten:

quote:

Monday, November 29
Iowa at Virginia
Notre Dame at Illinois

Tuesday, November 30

Clemson at Rutgers
Duke at Ohio State
Florida State at Purdue
Minnesota at Pitt
Indiana at Syracuse
Northwestern at Wake Forest

Wednesday, December 1
Wisconsin at Georgia Tech
Louisville at Michigan State
Miami at Penn State
Michigan at North Carolina
Nebraska at NC State
Virginia Tech at Maryland

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
And one of our starters,Tyrece Radford, jumps into the transfer portal out of nowhere. Set to start, school and coach had his back through a bunch of legal problems this year, and he bails last minute. Curious to hear the story, the basketball guy on 247 heard something about going home to LSU after some recruiting.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oh man uva is gonna kill us

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Big news

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1410340537949958153

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

MourningView posted:

Oh man uva is gonna kill us

Eh, I don’t think we will be very good next year, especially that early on.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/andrew__slater/status/1410680519096999940?s=21
News

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Ungratek posted:

Eh, I don’t think we will be very good next year, especially that early on.

We lost like 80% of our scoring or something and only have one guy who shot better than 30% from three coming back we are going to be very bad.

I sort of assumed Cockburn was just done and was going pro even if he didn't get drafted, which he probably won't. That's going to be a huge pickup for someone if he actually does want to stay in school and transfer. What the gently caress is going on with Illinois?

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 1, 2021

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

MourningView posted:

We lost like 80% of our scoring or something and only have one guy who shot better than 30% from three coming back we are going to be very bad.

I sort of assumed Cockburn was just done and was going pro even if he didn't get drafted, which he probably won't. That's going to be a huge pickup for someone if he actually does want to stay in school and transfer. What the gently caress is going on with Illinois?

Illinois has a policy that the school must review all NIL deals over $500.

Also it’s glaringly obvious that he’s going to Kentucky after they hired Antigua (who recruited Cockburn)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Kofi Cockburn please come to Kansas instead and be our Udoka II

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think he should go to the school that had an all american center in each of the last two seasons, personally, seems like the place to be if you are a big man

Kentucky is really gonna build a NCAA title team by just raiding the Big Ten huh.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
I read these posts and thought there's no way, Kentucky already has 12 players with Davion Mintz announcing his return today and is still recruiting Jalen Duren, there'd be no room, but...

https://mobile.twitter.com/Aaron_Torres/status/1410727417010819076

They can't get both unless someone on the team decides they're going to be a walk on next year.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Duren is class of 2022 so Cockburn wouldn't matter for that, unless I missed him reclassifying or something

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

MourningView posted:

Duren is class of 2022 so Cockburn wouldn't matter for that, unless I missed him reclassifying or something

Duren is a potential reclassification. And doesn't Mintz not count towards the scholarship limit since he's a Covid senior?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Chief McHeath posted:

Duren is a potential reclassification. And doesn't Mintz not count towards the scholarship limit since he's a Covid senior?

Yeah that would be correct

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Chief McHeath posted:

So would Grady not count either? Let's go get a 15th guy and roll out 3 platoons.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I was over Cockburn going pro, but having him come back to college and play somewhere else is the ultimate nut punch. I don't know what the gently caress is going on here. We haven't even hired our third assistant coach after they all left this off season. What a clusterfuck.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Guess Jalen Wilson is coming back to KU. Bitchin'.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

americanzero4128 posted:

I was over Cockburn going pro, but having him come back to college and play somewhere else is the ultimate nut punch. I don't know what the gently caress is going on here. We haven't even hired our third assistant coach after they all left this off season. What a clusterfuck.

Imagine if you were never really in the mix for big recruits, but half of the ones you developed left for UCLA and Oregon anyway.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Sounds like Texas might get Marcus Carr now too? They're killing the portal they're gonna be loaded next year.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

Sounds like Texas might get Marcus Carr now too? They're killing the portal they're gonna be loaded next year.

I mean, that's how Beard operates, so makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Probably Magic posted:

Guess Jalen Wilson is coming back to KU. Bitchin'.

Remy Martin and Ochai Adbaji also withdrawing and coming to KU