Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

BrianWilly posted:

I feel like I have to be going insane. Everyone says this episode was amazing, and I've been mostly neutral-to-happy with Loki so far, but I thought this episode was hopelessly bad. It was just one interminably boring dialogue after the other leading up to the worst "battle" "sequence" since Runaways.

I think the element that breaks my, like, ability to process this narrative the most is that the TVA are depicted as distractingly underpowered, and yet we're supposed to believe they are able to do their jobs...not only with any degree of success at all, but to the point that these two Lokis giving them such runarounds is a rare occurrence. We're supposed to believe these baseline humans with poke sticks are gonna take down any threat to their Sacred Timeline? The hell do these people do against a variant Yondu?

I think it comes down to being alright with this show not having particularly good action. Which I am and I think most ppl are, since its outweighed by the quality of everything else.

The character work on this js loving lovely and also the pacing. They chewed thru poo poo I thought would take 2 eps at least and now I have no idea where they're going and at least for me thats a rare thing.

Luke Wilson's arc would have taken half a season in a more mediocre show. And that moment when he knows hes done without saying anything, beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Shageletic posted:

I think it comes down to being alright with this show not having particularly good action. Which I am and I think most ppl are, since its outweighed by the quality of everything else.

The character work on this js loving lovely and also the pacing. They chewed thru poo poo I thought would take 2 eps at least and now I have no idea where they're going and at least for me thats a rare thing.

Luke Wilson's arc would have taken half a season in a more mediocre show. And that moment when he knows hes done without saying anything, beautiful.

Loki not being dead means there's probably a good chance of Mobius coming back too

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I hope we get Grizzled, mad Max style Mobius

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

If they were gonna get someone from Warlock it shoulda be Julian Sands, IMHO.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I didn't realise Loki was only 6 episodes. I'm glad they're going for the shorter seasons and not dragging them out to 10+ episodes or whatever.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I think the only reason Wandavision was longer was because of the shorter runtime.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah Wandavision ended up with a little more total minutes than Falcon and Winter Soldier but pretty close.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Rhyno posted:

Loki speculation

Spoiler in case i'm on to something
maybe every variant that get pruned gets shunted to a place where all the variants of yourself end up. Like "Planet Loki" or something.

I was thinking it was a little more broad than that and that ALL variants and all the pruned timelines get mashed into this one place. And they made sure a broken down Avengers tower was nice and visible in the background of that mid-credits scene, so that's probably gonna lead to something.

I also had a nice lol at the comically unsubtle, "oh hey, vampires exist in the MCU!

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Everyone is assuming that the variants aren't being killed when they get zapped, but for all we know the other Loki's somehow saved Loki and everyone else who has been zapped is dead dead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

badjohny posted:

Everyone is assuming that the variants aren't being killed when they get zapped, but for all we know the other Loki's somehow saved Loki and everyone else who has been zapped is dead dead.

Fair

there is a teaser for ep 5 and there is new footage of Moebius driving a car

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

badjohny posted:

Loki's dead too and seeing other Loki variants in Hell

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I assume no variants are actually wiped just sent somewhere to be reprogrammed and brainwashed into TVA agent.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I have to say, not since probably Babylon 5 has there been a series where it seems like the producers said "screw the focus groups, make what mllaneza likes".

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Oh and we saw what a little hand holding did so clearly to blow up the TVA and the sacred timeline they gonna BANG

Sylvie and Loki make out, hard cut to Ravonna yelling as the TVA crumbles around her.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

It seems overtly complicated to make android versions of the time watchers considering no one gets to see them except for Ravonna

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alhazred posted:

It seems overtly complicated to make android versions of the time watchers considering no one gets to see them except for Ravonna

There were guards there, and there's been other judges.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
My interpretation was she's programming the androids.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gaz-L posted:

My interpretation was she's programming the androids.

I think she knew about it but is not in charge.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I genuinely think we might see Immortus. Possibly as a Loki variant.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
There's no way she's in charge, or at least if she is now she hasn't always been. We saw a flashback of her as just a regular agent like Mobius.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

There were guards there, and there's been other judges.

Still seems a lot of work when you can just say "The timekeepers are fake, don't tell the grunts"

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

Still seems a lot of work when you can just say "The timekeepers are fake, don't tell the grunts"

True, but then you risk one of them talking

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I missed this, also it's been half a week so I ain't spoiling Loki poo poo anymore

https://twitter.com/SheriffDontMiss/status/1410199821001035781?s=20

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
MODOK this week finally got Nathan Fillion to play Simon Williams.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

twistedmentat posted:

MODOK this week finally got Nathan Fillion to play Simon Williams.

This week? Did more MODOK episodes drop or something?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I missed this, also it's been half a week so I ain't spoiling Loki poo poo anymore

https://twitter.com/SheriffDontMiss/status/1410199821001035781?s=20

that's a gator

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Klungar posted:

In some countries they went with a weekly format.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea I think where you get Star, like in Canada, it's weekly.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Klungar posted:

Countries that get it on Disney+ get the show weekly instead of all at once.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TwoPair posted:

True, but then you risk one of them talking
The TVA kills the ones who talks.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
lol, the new episode of Loki rules.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The Thanos Copter is now MCU canon. All is right with the world. Whoever put that in this episode deserves a raise.

So now that we've seen Alioth that has to mean Kang is showing up next episode right? Man, Mark Gruenwald is looking down on this series so fuckin' happy.

X-O fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jul 7, 2021

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

The Thanos Copter is now MCU canon. All is right with the world. Whoever put that in this episode deserves a raise.

So now that we've seen Alioth that has to mean Kang is showing up next episode right? Man, Mark Gruenwald is looking down on this series so fuckin' happy.

also frog thor

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
This episode makes me super excited about the idea of splinter Avenger groups to fill in for the loss of Captain America, Iron Man, and Black Widow. I'm all-in on Space Avengers (Guardians + Thor), Multiverse/Magic Avengers (Strange, Wanda, Loki, female Loki, and Morbius) and just plain old New Avengers back on Earth. It's a great way to zoom out on the universe post-Endgame while still keeping some classic avengers stories on Earth. Something for everyone!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I lost my poo poo when I caught Throg

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Can't wait for the finale next week. This was a lot of fun. Throg and the thanoscopter

E: if Sylvie doesn't last beyond this show it's gonna be pretty disappointing though. I really like her

site fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jul 7, 2021

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
My hope she's going to be wearing a MCU version of the Enchantress outfit at the end of this seems more likely after this episode.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

My big question at this point is how to we get Kid Loki out of there for Young Avengers later? I'm sort of hoping he can just reverse the conjuration trick and summon himself to his sword.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

theironjef posted:

My big question at this point is how to we get Kid Loki out of there for Young Avengers later? I'm sort of hoping he can just reverse the conjuration trick and summon himself to his sword.
I'm not against that since Kate Bishop (Hawkeye), Kamala (Ms. Marvel), and Wanda's twins are canon with Cassie Lang (Ant Man's daughter) and Morgan Stark (Tony's daughter) there in waiting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

America Chavez is gonna be in the next Dr Strange too.