Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

ADINSX posted:

One of the worst people I ever worked with transferred to our team from AWS Blockchain (which is a thing) so I have to imagine the entire industry is made up of people like him

stories plz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

Khorne posted:

I'm always looking out for good rustlang jobs and like 99% of jobs posted are for lovely crypto companies that want to pay me 1/5 what I get paid now to do some stupid scam. I haven't even responded or applied to any, because it's resume poison.

:rip: kevin:smith:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

infernal machines posted:

how does all this work when people on the platform have been sold "partial" shares?

badly?

nah you probably just get closed out and refunded the value at that time because whoever takes over can't be bothered to deal with the fractions

then a bunch of people get angry because they got closed out 'at the wrong time when the stock was about to go up up up' (actually I think that did happen once to some hedge fund and they successfully sued the broker over it and got the lost profit back)

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Hammerite posted:

stories plz

He was just the worst. My first memory of him coming on the team was an discussion/argument that didn't involve me (but was happening at a whiteboard near by). He was just a few days in but didn't like how we had implemented something, so without buy-in from the team, or running it by PMs or having it as part of our sprint he just decided he would throw out the old stuff and rewrite it.

My main interaction was some new interface to talk to two systems in our stack, the details aren't important. Despite having very little experience he had been with Amazon a couple of years (his only job) so he was the designated tech lead for this feature.

I was three months into the job and had lucked into writing a super high impact, high profile change (creating a domain specific language for our users in about 2 months, I wanna be fuzzy on the details cause its a small team and I don't wanna be doxed). So I'm feeling good, really enjoying my job, feeling like I've "proved myself". Well this guy wasn't there for that change, and to him I'm the new guy, so he sits down and explains his plan and tells me "so I'm thinking you just write a bunch of tests for us, you know JUnit right?"

It went downhill from there, we butted heads several times and luckily instead of shouting it out in the hallway with him, I went to the manager and told him this is the worst guy I've ever worked with (and I've worked with some pretty bad guys, I've never had to have a sitdown like this before). Manager apologized to me and told me he'd received other complaints and long story short he was PIP'ed and left the team.

ADINSX fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Jul 2, 2021

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

ADINSX posted:

and I don't wanna be doxed).

i'm so sorry but by writting this and having other people read and process it you've already been doxxed :(

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Boxturret posted:

i'm so sorry but by writting this and having other people read and process it you've already been doxxed :(

oh poo poo oh gently caress

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

ADINSX posted:

:honked: doxxed again :honked:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ADINSX posted:

:rip:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ADINSX posted:

mining my confirmation to the dox chain

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

this is why reddit is the superior forum system, every comment being sent to it's own thread and having to click to see every individual reply makes it so fewer than 10% of posts in a thread will end up being read, leaving the doxx threshold well below governmentally enforceable levels

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

quote:

Hey its John, you really should look into this NEW Crypto Currency. Its going to blow up. Check out this article sdj8.xyz/IYj4y5EBjX
it was bad enough that I started getting text spam last year as soon as I switched to Rogers, now it's cryptospam

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

cryptospamidum

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I've been getting text and voicemail spam to "protect my coindesk account login credentials" for months [I have never touched a crypto]

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

qirex posted:

I've been getting text and voicemail spam to "protect my coindesk account login credentials" for months [I have never touched a crypto]

This is an excellent scam because its easy to imagine exchanges doing something this stupid

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
what the gently caress is baby doge

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

how is baby doge

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

elopm usk, not content with murdering one dog based coin, created a new child version of the dog based coin so he could kill it too

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Gox yourself before you dox yourself.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

elon, mus, if left unstopped, will perfect human cloning just so he has more people to kill

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Paladinus posted:

don't dox my gox or I'll clean your clox

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shame Boy posted:

kay, jarvis, nikan and teeqo touched a bitcoin and now can only dream of crime and ruin

Lol, they got away with their underage gambling thing a while back. I imagine they're going to get away with this too.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Paladinus posted:

Buttcoins in YOSPOS is bad for yo wealth

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

ADINSX posted:

don't dox my gox or I'll clean your clox

𝗘𝗙𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧
𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗦
𝗗𝗢𝗫𝗫

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Grace Baiting posted:

𝗘𝗙𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧
𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗦
𝗗𝗢𝗫𝗫

doxxin this

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Buttcoins in YOSPOS is bad for yo wealth

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

jisforjosh posted:

what the gently caress is baby doge

baby doge doo doo do-do do-do
baby doge

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Grace Baiting posted:

𝗘𝗙𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧
𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗦
𝗗𝗢𝗫𝗫

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Grace Baiting posted:

𝗘𝗙𝗙𝗢𝗥𝗧
𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗦
𝗗𝗢𝗫𝗫

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

divabot posted:

they and others have been hitting loving everyone. i know a lot of devs who've been getting approaches from lovely crypto company recruiters and sending me the dumbest of them. regulatory side too, they want people who know how to cover up the shenanigans

so far they're all having trouble finding people both stupid and craven enough, which is heartening really

also loving nobody wants to go into an office, and for some reason they want people who will go into an office.
i've been approached by a crypto company/would-be company looking for someone who knows something about quantum computing or quantum cryptography

if your first question is lol why does a cryptocurrency company need a quantum computing guy that was also my first question and if you still don't have a satisfactory answer neither do i

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SubG posted:

i've been approached by a crypto company/would-be company looking for someone who knows something about quantum computing or quantum cryptography

if your first question is lol why does a cryptocurrency company need a quantum computing guy that was also my first question and if you still don't have a satisfactory answer neither do i
They've heard that quantum computing will kill bitcoin and they want you to a) futureproof their crypto against it and b) hack bitcoin first

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Splicer posted:

They've heard that quantum computing will kill bitcoin and they want you to a) futureproof their crypto against it and b) hack bitcoin first
yeah i was about evenly split between thinking they had some fanciful notions about breaking sha256/ripemd160 and thinking they just wanted some quantum horseshit to go with the crypto horseshit in their advertising materials

well that and wondering if it was actually somebody i knew pretending to be a crypto company just to gently caress with me because the whole pitch was pretty loving lol but i haven't talked to many crypto companies so maybe they're all like that

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
https://twitter.com/WSBakerSt/status/1411087616112357387

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
In the bitcoin future, one company will only sell software to one other company.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

ah yes supply chain management, something I want to be on a publicly accessible ledger

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

loving dumbass

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

yes, ransomware attacks that usually request a large amount of bitcoin sure are the thing to prove that bit-coion is good

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

lol remember when the ransomware scammers had to provide a support line to help people through the bitcoin process

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Paladinus posted:

if the current title wasn't so good this would be perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

Boxturret posted:

lol remember when the ransomware scammers had to provide a support line to help people through the bitcoin process

job creation! bitcoin is so good for the economy!