Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Also note the console version includes the fixes and additions that Beamdog added, like the Shaman class etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The first Pillars of Eternity was one of the most boring CRPGs I've ever played in my life. I'm told the sequel was a lot better though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The sequel is great, but play it on PC, it plays much better. I am excited for the first person Elder Scrolls take on the PoE gameworld, Avowed. if Obsidian can capture the look and feel of PoE2, then it'll be a really good game.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Pathfinder: Kingmaker is as good as PoE2, arguably better in some ways. Definitely play that also

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Simone Magus posted:

Pathfinder: Kingmaker is as good as PoE2, arguably better in some ways. Definitely play that also

I got that cheapo on Steam and I'm gonna play it at some point. Does it actually use the Pathfinder ruleset? I played a poo poo ton of D&D 3.5 so it would be familiar to me lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Simone Magus posted:

Also note the console version includes the fixes and additions that Beamdog added, like the Shaman class etc

kinda honestly thinking of picking up the baldurs gate ps4 set, i mean i got the originals and enhanced editions on pc and played them modded (yeah i know) a million times but... the trophy list could do with some spice. might try out another class while im at it. gonna miss sword coast stratagems tho

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I got that cheapo on Steam and I'm gonna play it at some point. Does it actually use the Pathfinder ruleset? I played a poo poo ton of D&D 3.5 so it would be familiar to me lol

I'm not familiar with 3.5/Pathfinder but I'm pretty sure it's an extremely faithful game yeah

It's really cool in that you do the whole "journey from level 1 to literally being a king" too, it's a very bigly game with tons of stuff that changes over time because of your actions

Dungeon design is pretty meh but thankfully you don't spend a lot of time in them

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Is the Ghost of Tsushima PS5 upgrade free or is the only way to get it buying the Director's Cut?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
From Naughty Dog to the Nomi, Veeg has started playing (no the) OUTER WILDS!!!!!!

https://www.twitch.tv/videogamessa

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Spacebump posted:

Is the Ghost of Tsushima PS5 upgrade free or is the only way to get it buying the Director's Cut?

The latter

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Does this directors cut upgrade for ghosts ps4 that costs 19.99 give me the ps5 version? Or like will it then offer me a 9.99 ps5 upgrade?

The only item the ps app will show me is the upgrade for my ps4 copy

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

thread quiet

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Veeg Outer Wilds stream is a lot of fun

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I creeped on your trophies BP an it looks like you havent run into Kerry yet. You should do that quest line for sure. Also did you find the "sinnerman" quest? That one was rad as well. It's just a random rear end side quest but it's like 2 hours long and pretty interesting.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

veni veni veni posted:

I creeped on your trophies BP an it looks like you havent run into Kerry yet. You should do that quest line for sure. Also did you find the "sinnerman" quest? That one was rad as well. It's just a random rear end side quest but it's like 2 hours long and pretty interesting.

and pretty fuckin unpolished

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Real hurthling! posted:

Does this directors cut upgrade for ghosts ps4 that costs 19.99 give me the ps5 version? Or like will it then offer me a 9.99 ps5 upgrade?

The only item the ps app will show me is the upgrade for my ps4 copy

Yeah, the DC upgrade gets you the expansion for the PS4 version. You can then spend ten bucks in August to get the PS5 Directors Cut.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

I'm doin the Kerry quest rn, and I think I finished the sinnerman quest, poor dude a tv star now

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

Veeg Outer Wilds stream is a lot of fun

hmmm, I may watch it but that depends on whether or not i decide to play the game or not

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Seriously, who is the director who's getting a new cut of "Ghost of Tsushima"

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Nate Fox, iirc.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://twitter.com/tha_rami/status/1411040781411012618

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

hmmm, I may watch it but that depends on whether or not i decide to play the game or not

You should play it, it’s incredible.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

https://youtu.be/k-uTnqYHZ-I

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Escobarbarian posted:

You should play it, it’s incredible.

Yeah, I've got a few too many games in the list right now but I have considered playing it some day when I'm in the right frame of mind, so I'll prolly sit this particular stream out. But I'm there in spirit!

:)

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

as one who's played all of Kojima's games on a Sony platform this is still unbearably stupid

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Yeah, I've got a few too many games in the list right now but I have considered playing it some day when I'm in the right frame of mind, so I'll prolly sit this particular stream out. But I'm there in spirit!

:)

Spirit. Yes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah I'm skipping this one too. Outer Wilds is still somewhere on my short list and I don't want to spoil it. I need to get around to that one sometime soon. I played it on Gamepass for like an hour and it never really clicked, but I still want to see what the hubub is about so I'll probably grab it for the fifth playstation before the end of the summer.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I got too scared to land on the water planet and then put the game down, that was over a year ago. I really wish I wasn't such a wimp, I know it deserves that I finish it. I'm not sure if I want to pick it up where I left off or wait until I've forgotten what I've done and start fresh.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
water planet's probably the friendliest of the bunch, the starting planet excluded

now, the sand planet...i don't have great memories of the sand planet

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
On a recommendation from couple of you, I picked up Sekiro.

God drat it. Games annoyingly awesome. It's like From Soft made a Tenchu game. I'm gonna be playing this all the goddamn time! Haha!

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

In Outer Wilds when I first got into space I landed on a planet with a bunch of holes in it and met a lonely guy then walked a bit and dropped down into a broken bit and had no way to get back up and my only options were to jump into the core of the planet or wait until I died and that didn't feel great TBH so I never played it again as

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

!Klams posted:

On a recommendation from couple of you, I picked up Sekiro.

God drat it. Games annoyingly awesome. It's like From Soft made a Tenchu game. I'm gonna be playing this all the goddamn time! Haha!

It originally was a Tenchu game! They ditched the franchise to give themselves more breathing room to go full on weird with it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

exquisite tea posted:

The first Pillars of Eternity was one of the most boring CRPGs I've ever played in my life. I'm told the sequel was a lot better though.

Pillars 2 is an excellent CRPG with a compelling setting and I recommend it really highly. Completely share your opinion on 1 and it's a huge shame that a lot of people didn't bother with the sequel because of this.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Akuma posted:

In Outer Wilds when I first got into space I landed on a planet with a bunch of holes in it and met a lonely guy then walked a bit and dropped down into a broken bit and had no way to get back up and my only options were to jump into the core of the planet or wait until I died and that didn't feel great TBH so I never played it again as

Shoulda done the first thing

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Dewgy posted:

It originally was a Tenchu game! They ditched the franchise to give themselves more breathing room to go full on weird with it.

Ha! I knew it! Aww man. Why didn't I get into this sooner.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Dewgy posted:

!Klams posted:

Ha! I knew it! Aww man. Why didn't I get into this sooner.

Yeah, FROM didn't create the Tenchu series but they did own the rights for a while and published through Activision, so a few of the later Tenchu games were FROM joints and some of the people who worked on Sekiro were around from that time. However, Acquire (the original creators) bought back the rights to Tenchu in 2013 so FROM no longer had any power over the license, but they did have some legacy staff and a rather solid legacy publishing connection with Activision/Blizzard for how to market the game. So, Sekiro is a Tenchu game...but it's also not. It's the most loving tribute to Tenchu we're likely to get nowdays (even sharing its composer), but it's also fully its own thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Akuma posted:

The core was a portal to a cool space station

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
my biggest struggle with the outer wilds was just not knowing what context to take everything in. Its all very well having a bunch of cool vistas on alien planets but you have to link them with the internal rules and logic of a fictional gameworld and i just did not understand how it expected me to piece together the solution. In a way it reminded me of old point and click games with obtuse puzzles.

Stark contrast to something like The Witness which really set out to make its rules clear.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think that's a big reason the rumor map exists. The game world is very obtuse but the rumor map gives you some giant sign posts on where to go and what to do. It's a big way the game tells you what you should pay attention to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

please somebody tell me what the gently caress is up with these gross random youtube ads

Only registered members can see post attachments!