Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

You need both the Optifiber and the psyllium fiber capsules for maximum shits and rear end-blasting.

then you can also add in a fish oil or flax oil supplement so that your burps smell terrible too. become the ultra-goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

then you can also add in a fish oil or flax oil supplement so that your burps smell terrible too. become the ultra-goon

The whole fish oil burps thing must vary by person because I take two of the fuckers every morning and night and have never gotten them. Sure beats a spoonful of castor oil!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

The whole fish oil burps thing must vary by person because I take two of the fuckers every morning and night and have never gotten them. Sure beats a spoonful of castor oil!

None of them have that anymore. Or as long as I have been taking them. I take fish oil that I got at Costco every day and never had that problem.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Imma buy a shower head fof 4th of july. Possibly more towels.

Maybe chips idk

!!!!!

Costco is selling dirt cheap bath sheets this month too.

My wife introduced me to bath sheets when I met her and I've never looked back. A giant towel doesn't sound like that big of a deal but it's so nice.

BadSamaritan
May 2, 2008

crumb by crumb in this big black forest

Btw the Kirkland purple bottle moisturizing shampoo is very nice, even if you have curlyish hair and are picky about shampoo. A+ pro move to include a pump on the bottle, will buy again eventually.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Today the two people in front of me and myself all flaunted our long hoses.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Spinz posted:

Okay everyone may I have your attention?

Calm the gently caress down.
This is my favorite thread on the entire forums I'm not joking. I'm going to eventually try to get a job at Costco. I'm grateful to ever shop at Costco and you get lots of good advice here. It's a good feeling thread in a horrible world.

It's the atheist's church as well. You want to argue ya got 500 other threads.

Peace Be Unto You
I look forward to you joining the ranks of the Kirkland Clergy. May you be blessed.

bird with big dick posted:

can you butt chug gasoline

sorry i meant to type that into google
Don't worry I got you fam.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

AHH F/UGH posted:

this poor man.

Joining the get over yourself group at this point.

/edit

Back to Important Costco stuff , thread…I have sinned.

I’ve usually gotten the cheap 1-2 French Loafs from the area grocery store. But no more!

The 2 for $6 loafs from the Costco bakery is superior and I will never go back!

Better texture, better for sandwiches you name it!

Big K of Justice fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jul 3, 2021

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Jeebus. Now using the long hose is going to join the zipper merge with "things I know I'm doing correctly but people are going to give me the stink-eye over." Sigh.

Anyone know when beef prices are coming down? My Costco strip loin (prime) was about 50% more expensive than usual, the other day.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

GORDON posted:

Jeebus. Now using the long hose is going to join the zipper merge with "things I know I'm doing correctly but people are going to give me the stink-eye over." Sigh.

Anyone know when beef prices are coming down? My Costco strip loin (prime) was about 50% more expensive than usual, the other day.

Depends on when inflation eases. The Fed is confident this is temporary but we should know in about 3-6 months whether it's started to ease or not

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

I really like the precooked ribs from costco. Low effort and solid reward.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

gas guy, stop snitching

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Meat prices are still a little high here, but I can drive 30 min in any direction and smell feed lots so I'm sure it's much worse further out. Still didn't stop me from picking up an 8lb pork belly and a prime brisket flat. Turned the pork belly into burnt ends on thursday, vac sealed them (pbuc) and gonna sous vide heat them up tomorrow. Brisket goes on this evening to smoke overnight.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

GORDON posted:

Never. You should have filled an upright freezer with 100 pounds of beef a year ago like I did.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

low key sex master posted:

Depends on when inflation eases. The Fed is confident this is temporary but we should know in about 3-6 months whether it's started to ease or not

Meat prices aren’t up because of general inflation they’re up because of labor shortages in the meat packing industry, demand surging due to restaurants reopening, and big increases in the cost of corn and soybean feed.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

if you're a be-gunted American you could probably stand to eat a little less meat anyway

Anyway we do not have a Costco near us but we got a BJs membership because there's one about 10 mins away from our new house and it fuckin sucks lmao

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Meat prices aren’t up because of general inflation they’re up because of labor shortages in the meat packing industry, demand surging due to restaurants reopening, and big increases in the cost of corn and soybean feed.

What do you know about labor shortages you are a bird with a big dick!!!!!!!

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The meat price that always gets my goat is the dang ol' flap meat for $14 a pound at the Co, what, the gently caress. We used to buy that cut because it banged and was like $5 a pound. Now it's... as much as ribeye...? idgi

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I mostly eat carnivore and haven't had a problem with meat prices. I also don't buy steaks, so maybe I just haven't noticed. I tend to eat a lot of bison more than anything.

Which is another great thing about Costco! It's one of the best places to find affordable, quality bison meat. If you haven't had bison, it's a very lean, tasty red meat. Great if you are trying to maximize protein per calorie while also eating an enjoyable meal.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AKZ posted:

I really like the precooked ribs from costco. Low effort and solid reward.

Are these the ones next to the rotisserie chickens? Never tried but I've thought about em.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

number 1 snake fan posted:

It does when they stand in front of their gas tank the entire time they fill up so they're standing in the passing lane. Then they give you the White Look™ when you pull into the center and they won't move

The what look now?

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Taima posted:

The meat price that always gets my goat is the dang ol' flap meat for $14 a pound at the Co, what, the gently caress. We used to buy that cut because it banged and was like $5 a pound. Now it's... as much as ribeye...? idgi

See chicken wings.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

ShowTime posted:

I mostly eat carnivore and haven't had a problem with meat prices. I also don't buy steaks, so maybe I just haven't noticed. I tend to eat a lot of bison more than anything.

Which is another great thing about Costco! It's one of the best places to find affordable, quality bison meat. If you haven't had bison, it's a very lean, tasty red meat. Great if you are trying to maximize protein per calorie while also eating an enjoyable meal.

Isn’t the carnivore diet really unhealthy? How do you manage the basic issues like fiber intake, vitamins etc? Do you really not eat vegetables? Just curious, it honestly just sounds insanely bad for you but I’m no expert.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

ShowTime posted:

Yeah, I buy those 2 or 3 pack (can’t remember what they are) of the ground bison. They’re like 1.25 lb each and a solid deal.

Chinatown posted:

Are these [ribs] the ones next to the rotisserie chickens? Never tried but I've thought about em.

I tried them the last time I went and really, really regretted it. I’m far from a rib connoisseur however and picking out the scraps of meat from the tendons/fat/whatever is not my idea of a good time. I would have been way happier with the chicken.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
chicken thighs are where its at yo. they are like mega wings.

david_a posted:

Yeah, I buy those 2 or 3 pack (can’t remember what they are) of the ground bison. They’re like 1.25 lb each and a solid deal.

I tried them the last time I went and really, really regretted it. I’m far from a rib connoisseur however and picking out the scraps of meat from the tendons/fat/whatever is not my idea of a good time. I would have been way happier with the chicken.

thanks. i assumed they would be dry and chewy from sitting out for awhile.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Taima posted:

Isn’t the carnivore diet really unhealthy? How do you manage the basic issues like fiber intake, vitamins etc? Do you really not eat vegetables? Just curious, it honestly just sounds insanely bad for you but I’m no expert.

No, it's not unhealthy. It's actually very healthy and many professional athletes use it for recovery after injuries. Look up the science behind it.

And I take a lot of supplements and eat plenty of vegetables. I eat a big, leafy green salad every day with lunch. Like an abnormal amount. But I also eat ton of cauliflower rice, broccoli, green beans, celery, mushrooms, etc.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Chinatown posted:

I got mine fresh out of the oven (I was standing around waiting for them) but maybe they deteriorated by the time I got home. Not impressed either way; I thought it was way too hard to clean the meat off them. Honestly the chicken gives me more overall food at a way lower price.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Chinatown posted:

If they sat for a long time I'd expect them to get less chewy, as the meat continues to soften up and tissue breaks down. If anything I'd be worries about it being mushy.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Chicken thighs are the most under rated meat. Cooked correctly and they are absolutely delicious. But people see all the fat on them and think they aren't good, when it's the opposite.

ShowTime fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jul 3, 2021

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

ShowTime posted:

Chicken thighs are the most under rated meat. Kicked correctly and they are absolutely delicious. But people see all the fat on them and think they aren't good, when it's the opposite.

I've been singing the virtues of thighs for years and it's one of my favorite tailgate foods. You have to try hard to ruin a thigh, it's the most forgiving meat to grill I think.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The deli ribs are awful. Don't get them

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Chicken Thighs are good and cheap and were my go-to as a cheap college student making teriyaki chicken bowls but drat are they greasy

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

If you make chicken teriyaki with anything BUT thighs you're hosed from the start

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I got some bulgogi beef, raw, from costco like thursday LAST week. Should I toss it or could it possibly still be ok to cook today?

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Chinatown posted:

Chicken Thighs w/ some sort of Italian seasoning paprika mix & olive oil, tossed in a metal casserole pan covered in foil; pull the foil off at the end and turn on the broiler to crisp the skin a bit. Those are the chicken thighs of my youth.

Used to hang out at a tabletop gaming shop after school; didn't spend a lot of money, but I wasn't a hassle and mom would send chicken and rice and the owner was happy since it was the best chicken and rice he ever had.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

FilthyImp posted:

Chicken Thighs are good and cheap and were my go-to as a cheap college student making teriyaki chicken bowls but drat are they greasy

Just throw them on a rack in the oven - that'll fix that issue

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

Chinatown posted:

Oh, absolutely. However folks are starting to realize that thighs crush breasts.

Edit: and I very much mean that in a human anatomy sense as well.

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jul 3, 2021

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

redreader posted:

I got some bulgogi beef, raw, from costco like thursday LAST week. Should I toss it or could it possibly still be ok to cook today?

I wouldn't (mostly because that's a long time and partially because it's been sitting in marinade for a week and a half) but you can give it the sniff test

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Chinatown posted:

chicken thighs are where its at yo. they are like mega wings

Chef John has a recipe for a hot wings in a jar where he braises thighs and passes them off for wings and I think about that all the time.

And yeah the one time I bought the ribs they were dry and not that meaty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Barry posted:

I wouldn't (mostly because that's a long time and partially because it's been sitting in marinade for a week and a half) but you can give it the sniff test

Well I already opened it, cooked it and ate some along with some old burger meat that also didn't get grilled last Saturday. So far I'm still alive. Both tasted (edit: and smelled) great

redreader fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 4, 2021