Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Yesssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I wonder what the Legends 'all new mode' could be? Endless horde? While I'm doubtful for new classes/abilities, new legendary gear would be sweet.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The blog mentioned new techniques with the expansion so I imagine anything new can be implemented on Legends. More legendary gear to switch gameplay up would be fun as hell.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Ghost of Tsushima is the one game I desperately need to get a PC release

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I’m gonna pet all the monkeys!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

adhuin posted:

I’m gonna pet all the monkeys!

I'm gonna terrorize em. gently caress monkeys!!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm gonna terrorize em. gently caress monkeys!!

:smith:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
aaahhhHHH gently caress

so. what endings did y'all go with? I don't know why I didn't see it coming nor was I expecting a gut punch at noon on a Friday

also a little salty they didn't respect my spawear choice for the final mission

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Is it only on the Sony store? I saw the Director's Cut on the console store but it was full price instead of also an option for upgrade and on the web page I don't see a mention of the PS5 upgrade.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Man I hope the PS5 update includes some good use of adaptive trigger resistance, I've played a few newer games that did that really well and it's amazing how quickly normal trigger buttons start feeling bland.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

hazardousmouse posted:

aaahhhHHH gently caress

so. what endings did y'all go with? I don't know why I didn't see it coming nor was I expecting a gut punch at noon on a Friday

also a little salty they didn't respect my spawear choice for the final mission

I sliced that motherfucker right up

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Inspector Hound posted:

jin.txt

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Inspector Hound posted:

I'm a firm believer that The greatest gift I could give my uncle is to fight him and let him die as he wished. All else is just further dishonor to him. To show him mercy is an insult that he does not deserve.

TL;DR I sliced that motherfucker right up

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I'm really interested to see what the player base split on the choice is, seems like everyone here so far, including me, made the same one

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I actually ended up doing both but I kept playing the one where I spared him.

I ended up loading it onto my ps5 last night in preparation of the expansion and holy poo poo I suck at this game because I haven’t played it in 9 months or so. I’m gonna have to bone up in new game +

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
jesus I hosed up by choosing the archer as my first legends class. Yes, I DO enjoy being out of ammo for entire chapters. only two more ranks till I unlock my second, at least. Am I loving up even more by going with ronin?
I'd also consider assassin solely because I have the fundoshi from the main story and I'd main the poo poo out of that
Am I reading this right that the endgame raids are premade parties only?

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 4, 2021

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

hazardousmouse posted:

jesus I hosed up by choosing the archer as my first legends class. Yes, I DO enjoy being out of ammo for entire chapters. only two more ranks till I unlock my second, at least. Am I loving up even more by going with ronin?

The second/third/last class you choose to level up are the easiest, since you have a wealth of gear to get them to the silver/gold ilvl basically immediately. The higher difficulty chapters of legends basically drench you in XP. I think when raids came out, someone did Chapter1 with a level 1 character and was immediately catapulted to max level at the end. They were Samurai so their class stuff wasn't as critical to the group.

Ronin isn't bad once you get the ability to drop healing smoke, but the doggo is a good distraction for enemies until then. :3:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

hazardousmouse posted:

I'd also consider assassin solely because I have the fundoshi from the main story and I'd main the poo poo out of that

Ronin is the most sought after class, since it's the Healer. It minimizes the chances of other people quitting on you in nightmare survival mode

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ronin also owns super hard because they get bombs. Once you can roll/farm gear you can put a monster of a ronin that gains energy from getting hit at a stupid fast rate meaning you can spam ult and keep everyone perma healed. Assassins can also get the ronin bombs (needs the perk rolled on them) and they're super fun. I loved Archer with the legendary bow that doubled up headshots since it applied to the ult so it would go from killing 4 people to like 8.

Samurai was the class I spent least with, they seemed like solid tanks but I didn't care much for that gameplay loop.

hazardousmouse posted:

Am I reading this right that the endgame raids are premade parties only?

There's matchmaking for them now, I think, but they are very much something you want to do with a group of people you can communicate with. Especially the 2nd chapter of the Raid.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 4, 2021

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
my official favorite thing to do in legends atm is to play the flute right before the end of a mission so it plays all throughout the after action report
Ronin best due to dogpats

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I really like how the classes in Legends all have their pros and cons and these shift depending on the difficulty you're playing and/or who you're playing with. And a team does not necessarily have an optimum mix of classes or optimum builds for each.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

hazardousmouse posted:

I'm really interested to see what the player base split on the choice is, seems like everyone here so far, including me, made the same one

I've replayed it enough to do both, but my "canonical" first choice was sparing them.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
whelp, at least they give partial rewards cause this dumb mother fucker couldn't stop giving us away by whittling away at enemies with his terrible bow

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

hazardousmouse posted:

whelp, at least they give partial rewards cause this dumb mother fucker couldn't stop giving us away by whittling away at enemies with his terrible bow

Survival? Yeah You 1 reward for every boss wave. If y’all want to get some games going this weekend I’m up for it. I could do either survival or raids. I think the nightmare survival modifier this weekend wasn’t terrible.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I love samurai in legends mode because you have to engage more heavily with the core mechanics. always played samurai after maxing everything out.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Survival? Yeah You 1 reward for every boss wave. If y’all want to get some games going this weekend I’m up for it. I could do either survival or raids. I think the nightmare survival modifier this weekend wasn’t terrible.

nah, silver mode on the first story mission. we got to the final chapter, even though it took me mashing the "pay attention to this" button on the elemental enhancement shrines for a solid three minutes before they stopped going after enemies with bare blades

JBP posted:

I love samurai in legends mode because you have to engage more heavily with the core mechanics. always played samurai after maxing everything out.

yeah I sort of assumed samurai was the no frills, basic mechanics but solid power option

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

My favorite is either chain or hysteria vanish assassin with Forbidden Medicine bombs and Spirit Kunai.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I wish I could remember my samurai build. It was the most aggressive one I could muster and I had all the best gear (which is kind of why I moved on). I'm super inspired to play again right now but I'll wait for the upgrade then dive back in.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
My Assassin build was awesome in Nightmare, huge bursts of DPS with plenty of crowd clear options, I always felt like I had something to do.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is my Ronin. The perfect rolled Last Breath is so loving good. (i think all legendaries roll perfect all the time?)

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 5, 2021

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This is my tank build that I last used for raiding but it's good for everything. Easy parries are easy kills.

Ah lol I forgot why I had those legendaries equipped and I now recall why. This build was bonkers and fun to use:

Katana: Staggering a target has 30 percent chance to throw nearby enemies.

Enjo's Remorse: 15% more damage at max HP

You break someone's guard and dudes fly all over the place hurting each other and it happens constantly. Has access to three stances so you can kick people with the brute stance and everyone around you gets blown away then you can stab them lol. I need to play again.

JBP fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 5, 2021

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

This is my quasi-support Assassin. Forbidden Medicine with Assassin Unlock is so good. Assassin Charm has Chain vanish, Spirit Kunai (with heavy/massive knock back perk) basically gives you back your abilities if you can whittle two enemies down with regular attacks then casually toss SK at them.

hiddenriverninja fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jul 5, 2021

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

hazardousmouse posted:

I spared him. It made sense in both directions. It was the best, "gently caress you," to Uncle rear end in a top hat and was consistent with Jin's development.

Mr. Funny Pants fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 5, 2021

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

hiddenriverninja posted:

This is my quasi-support Assassin. Forbidden Medicine with Assassin Unlock is so good. Assassin Charm has Chain vanish, Spirit Kunai (with heavy/massive knock back perk) basically gives you back your abilities if you can whittle two enemies down with regular attacks then casually toss SK at them.

I feel like we mean the same thing but yeah it's hard for me not to use my Legendary equipment slot on any build for Spirit Kunai with Supermassive I think it's called so that I don't have to worry as much about getting enemies to low health but without killing them. Fun to use on trash mobs like archers to chain Kunai back-to-back and get every ability back quickly.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I also took the ending that caused my idiot dork uncle the most shame and grief. He sucks and giving him an easy out was not on the menu (excellent boss fight tho)

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
i felt like uncle's reactions to everything would have been perfect if there had been just like one more really bad/questionable thing Jin does. Some of the stuff he gets all twisted about is like dude we are killing mongols, so what?

Still I gave uncle the ended I felt uncle wanted. Overall I liked uncle, and seemed like he and Jin had a pretty good past. just couldn't adapt.

end game spoilers
I felt like the poison everyone mission and then the later reveal that the mongols are going to turn around and use the poison on the japanese was pretty good, but we needed another instance of major blowback from Jin's less savory activities to really push uncle over the top. Maybe something where a mission goes wrong and a bunch of civilians get killed specifically because of Jin's ninja activities.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I really loved this game and felt like it did everything it tried to do, but the cutscene where your uncles samurai are just throwing themselves into an exploding meat grinder of death on the bridge is so stupid and ridiculous that I literally could not suspend my disbelief any further. That the uncle could look at that and go “yeah this is better than not losing any of our own guys and killing them in their sleep” was too far removed from any kind of realism I could accept, and from there on I fully gave up on immersing myself in that plotline. Ending was still good, but Uncle’s character is too much.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Bust Rodd posted:

I really loved this game and felt like it did everything it tried to do, but the cutscene where your uncles samurai are just throwing themselves into an exploding meat grinder of death on the bridge is so stupid and ridiculous that I literally could not suspend my disbelief any further. That the uncle could look at that and go “yeah this is better than not losing any of our own guys and killing them in their sleep” was too far removed from any kind of realism I could accept, and from there on I fully gave up on immersing myself in that plotline. Ending was still good, but Uncle’s character is too much.

I tried to give it a pass, like Sucker Punch was just trying to condense and simplify a whole lot of stubborn tactics against the fort over time into one cutscene.

But it was a bit much.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Captain Beans posted:

i felt like uncle's reactions to everything would have been perfect if there had been just like one more really bad/questionable thing Jin does. Some of the stuff he gets all twisted about is like dude we are killing mongols, so what?

Still I gave uncle the ended I felt uncle wanted. Overall I liked uncle, and seemed like he and Jin had a pretty good past. just couldn't adapt.

end game spoilers
I felt like the poison everyone mission and then the later reveal that the mongols are going to turn around and use the poison on the japanese was pretty good, but we needed another instance of major blowback from Jin's less savory activities to really push uncle over the top. Maybe something where a mission goes wrong and a bunch of civilians get killed specifically because of Jin's ninja activities.

There's the part where you're dropping the note off where you can overhear some merchants talking about how people are using the poison against each other simply because one was more successful and the murderer wanted more business. Little pandora's box situation at the very least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Captain Beans posted:

end game spoilers

Had they not portrayed every single village as being all but wiped out, they could have given themselves an out. If you leave the villages largely intact, you can later have the Khan retaliate for Jin's ninja massacres by backstabbing or throat-slitting an entire village, children, the elderly, everyone. But apparently he's more or less already doing that so that card is played.