Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

klosterdev posted:

They Gottm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

klosterdev posted:

They Gottm

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

klosterdev posted:

They Gottm

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

how's the bbq going for y'all, pardners?

https://twitter.com/kevincollier/status/1411075828713148418

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Posting on the nice page

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

flakeloaf posted:

Posting on the nice page

Nice!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

klosterdev posted:

They Gottm

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire

https://helpdesk.kaseya.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4403440684689
Lol I'm the one person who did not find this article helpful

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i like this page. it's a good page.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Achmed Jones posted:

i like this page. it's a good page.

Smoke ‘em if you’ve got ‘em, OP.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

So what are the odds people will learn a goddamn thing from everything shutting down on July 4?

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

you know, you may have ransomware, but at least your company didn’t set the ocean on fire

https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/status/1411075158006284290?s=21

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

smokin a fat one for all the MSP sysadmins out there gettin hosed on the long weekend

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
postin on 420

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Posting on 420, on 420

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Weed.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

:420:

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Kazinsal posted:

smokin a fat one for all the MSP sysadmins out there gettin hosed on the long weekend

the smart ones turned off their phones when they said have a nice weekend

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Security.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

marijuna?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

the devil's lettuce

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica
Is there anything about printing on windows that isn't a nightmare?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SYSV Fanfic posted:

yeah, it’s when you place a cut out template on a window and spray it down with paint

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

SYSV Fanfic posted:

No, its terribleness is recursive.

I wonder if anyone is going to clock that the ability of networked printers to push drivers onto client pcs via the PRINTER$ share is easy to abuse. The last time I played around with that feature I could get clients to install drivers with malformed signatures just by adding the printer, no elevation required, no prompt.

At least I think MS disallows kernel-mode print drivers nowadays…

codl
Jul 28, 2013

ewiley posted:

you know, you may have ransomware, but at least your company didn’t set the ocean on fire

blaze it lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

ewiley posted:

:tif:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MrQueasy posted:

Smoke ‘em if you’ve got ‘em, OP.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

happy july 420th weekend

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

This is what I like to see in a security notice, the important information.

quote:

Fred Voccola, CEO of Kaseya, will be interviewed regarding this incident on Good Morning America on the ABC network on Sunday, July 4th. Please consult your local TV listings for times in your region. (This is subject to last minute rescheduling by the network)

mystes
May 31, 2006

In a parallel universe, if it was like an Equifax notice about their breach and it said that their cto and CEO were going to be on fox news to be yelled at by tucker carlson for three hours straight I would be pretty ok with that.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/routereflector/status/1411629984612032513

quick! someone tell them about bitcoin mining!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

ElZilcho posted:

This is what I like to see in a security notice, the important information.

As far as they're concerned, this IS the important information. That narrative isn't going to write itself!

mystes posted:

In a parallel universe, if it was like an Equifax notice about their breach and it said that their cto and CEO were going to be on fox news to be yelled at by tucker carlson for three hours straight I would be pretty ok with that.

Lol if you think they wouldn't be portrayed as the victims instead, poor information plutocrats, very sad that number might go down for a week due to an attack no one could have ever foreseen despite their best efforts, but these things happen all the time and it's just life you just need to pick up the pieces and deal with the fact that you've just possibly been bankrupted use that free year of credit monitoring to your fullest advantage!

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jul 4, 2021

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Volmarias posted:

As far as they're concerned, this IS the important information. That narrative isn't going to write itself!

Lol if you think they wouldn't be portrayed as the victims instead, poor information plutocrats, very sad that number might go down for a week due to an attack no one could have ever foreseen despite their best efforts, but these things happen all the time and it's just life you just need to pick up the pieces and deal with the fact that you've just possibly been bankrupted use that free year of credit monitoring to your fullest advantage!

depends, did they contribute to obama or biden's campaign or ever say or do a mean thing to trump? then they're the Bad Capitalists that are the reason everything sucks and tucker carlson will happily direct your rage towards them

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Shame Boy posted:

depends, did they contribute to obama or biden's campaign or ever say or do a mean thing to trump? then they're the Bad Capitalists that are the reason everything sucks and tucker carlson will happily direct your rage towards them

Lol if you think nearly every large business isn't contributing to both political parties at once

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Large business: We are very progressive and inclusive! Look at all of these multi color flags!

Same business: donates heavily to conservative PACs that actively fight against gay rights

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Volmarias posted:

Large business: We are very progressive and inclusive! Look at all of these multi color flags!

Same business: donates heavily to conservative PACs that actively fight against gay rights
so, google

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

Eh, I think they’re doing a pretty good job of public incident response all things considered, way better than Microsoft is doing with any of the recent bullshit with Exchange and Windows.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

correct

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

xtal posted:

Posting on 420, on 420

don't loving post here either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU