Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
don't eat bear rear end and you'll be fine. :thumbsup:

i read this story about these polar explorers who ate a polar bear and didn't cook it well enough. everyone who ate the meat died horribly and when they cut them open their bodies were completely filled up with giant worm cysts.

i can't read the characters but i think he's saying "a thousand curses upon those who would dare to consume my sacred flesh!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Trichinosis isn't a thing anymore but there are other reasons you don't want to eat raw pork

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

The polar bear problem was vitamin A toxicity from eating the liver. Also happens with seals and walrus livers.

There goes my plan to get rich selling exotic flavor braunschweiger.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

MrUnderbridge posted:

The polar bear problem was vitamin A toxicity from eating the liver. Also happens with seals and walrus livers.

There goes my plan to get rich selling exotic flavor braunschweiger.

turns out my malfunctioning brain was conflating those guys with the sad tale of German explorer Bernhard Hantzsch who did suffer that fate.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
Also relevant to Arctic explorers: you can also starve to death even if you have (nothing but) an infinite supply of rabbits to eat.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

uber_stoat posted:

turns out my malfunctioning brain was conflating those guys with the sad tale of German explorer Bernhard Hantzsch who did suffer that fate.

Wasn’t there a Dollop about an Antarctic explorer who died after slowly going insane from eating his sled dog’s livers?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Sammus posted:

Trichinosis has become so rare in the US the FDA recently revised their cooking recommendations.

Previously it was recommended you cook pork to 165 degrees to ensure your safety. With the removal of trichinosis from pig population, farm raised pork is considered safe to eat at 145 degrees.

Not anymore lol

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Sammus posted:

Sorry for the derail. Pleas keep talking about the emulator boxes because I want one and yal are making it real easy to shop for.

There’s a thread about them here https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3937810

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

koshmar posted:

Wasn’t there a Dollop about an Antarctic explorer who died after slowly going insane from eating his sled dog’s livers?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Mawson#Australasian_Antarctic_Expedition

Vitamin A poisoning is some crazy poo poo. There's a book about it; I fondly remember the bit where he has to tie the soles of his feet back on because the vitamin A just made them fall off.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Aliexpress: You Can Get Piles

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douglas_Mawson#Australasian_Antarctic_Expedition

Vitamin A poisoning is some crazy poo poo. There's a book about it; I fondly remember the bit where he has to tie the soles of his feet back on because the vitamin A just made them fall off.

quote:

Later Mawson noticed a dramatic change in his travelling companion. Mertz seemed to lose the will to move and wished only to remain in his sleeping bag.

I mean same

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

goblin week posted:

I mean same

Staying in the sleeping bag is fine, it's when you start attempting to bite off your own fingers that it becomes a problem. Also the raging diarrhea.

Sorry about continuing the cursed derail, it is in my nature.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Thanks to this thread, now youtube is recommending me weirder and weirder emulation boxes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HZ-K_rJVdo

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The funkey is a technological marvel, but that 1:1 screen is a dealbreaker for me

bar88537
Nov 8, 2004

Anne Whateley posted:

Trichinosis isn't a thing anymore but there are other reasons you don't want to eat raw pork

No one's brought up HepE yet. It's a fecal to oral disease so anything uncooked could give it to you, but nearly all farmed pigs carry it.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1885244/

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
Went looking for a few things on AE and lots of the expected delivery dates were at the end of September. Is it just global logistics being screwed up, Chinese holidays or something else?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
welp I got super hosed up and ordered a bunch of knock off halo mega bloks guys this should rule

BrassRoots
Jan 9, 2012

You can play a shoestring if you're sincere - John Coltrane
I got the rg351v a little while ago after agonising over it versus the 351m. I prefer the horizontal controller layout of the m but ended up going with the v for screen quality and ratio. From what I remember in the review videos it has a ratio closer to old TV's and so the active screen area ends up being larger too.

I'm getting used to the gameboy layout. It's fine for old as gently caress games because they feel pretty basic these days anyway.

We also ended up getting a switch for our kid so I still get the horizontal play in anyway.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

stephenthinkpad posted:

Thanks to this thread, now youtube is recommending me weirder and weirder emulation boxes.

flavor.flv posted:

The funkey is a technological marvel, but that 1:1 screen is a dealbreaker for me
it's kinda sad there aren't any aliexpress ripoffs of the funkey that play only gameboy games or something (because really all you can play on a square screen that tiny are gameboy games anyway)

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

FINALLLY

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Tighclops posted:

welp I got super hosed up and ordered a bunch of knock off halo mega bloks guys this should rule

Mega Halo stuff on Ali is supposedly legit new old stock. Call of Duty on the other hand is knock off.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

helps blow poo air into your face when you're playing on the toilet! very convenient.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

helps blow poo air into your face when you're playing on the toilet! very convenient.

It's the best-selling console in Austria for exactly this reason

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
Anyone bought handlebar grip tape?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Is that washi tape with a moustache pattern?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

MarxCarl posted:

Mega Halo stuff on Ali is supposedly legit new old stock. Call of Duty on the other hand is knock off.

Really? That kicks rear end. The Halo mega bloks stuff is too expensive normally but 20 bucks for 20 figs is a much better deal

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

This is B2B.GIF

Good dogs

MarxCarl
Jul 18, 2003

Tighclops posted:

Really? That kicks rear end. The Halo mega bloks stuff is too expensive normally but 20 bucks for 20 figs is a much better deal

There have been people on r/megaconstrux ,and pretty sure the official Mega forums, who have said they ordered Halo off of Ali and got real stuff. I’ve ordered non-Halo stuff on eBay from Hong Kong and it’s been real.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LifeSunDeath posted:

As long as it can play Skyrim

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

stephenthinkpad posted:

Pretty cool, but I'd definitely drop that thing on the ground and destroy it if it were attached to my keychain. Which, again, is why it'd be great to have an Aliexpress knock-off version for 1/3rd the price.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The powkiddy v90 has one of those, you just need to reconsider your definition of keychain

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS

nonathlon posted:

Went looking for a few things on AE and lots of the expected delivery dates were at the end of September. Is it just global logistics being screwed up, Chinese holidays or something else?

Dear friend, please be patient, shipping will happen as soon as possible! Your items will arrive safe and sound

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

ante posted:

Dear friend, please be patient, shipping will happen as soon as possible! Your items will arrive safe and sound

I’ve had a few postponed, but everything else is on schedule lately, even if it gets combined into as single parcel.

Also, if anyone wants itty bitty glass beads, this place is getting beads to me within 10 days somehow, multiple times. From China to Austin,Texas. I have no clue what kind of postal voodoo they are using.

Priority Glass Beads Store
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mML4tMp

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

stephenthinkpad posted:

This is so tacky. I wish China companies spend more money on design and style.

Not every China company make poo poo looking electronics. I have been very impressed by the physical aesthetic of Divoom's products.

They've got some nice looking stuff, but a little too expensive for an AliExpress punt...

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The buckle on my Chums wallet and keychain gave out yesterday. I went on ebay and amazon did some price check and ordered another Chums and a camo lanyard, totally forgot I should have checked ali.

Saw this thread today and checked ali, ordered 3 lanyards from ali and cancelled the Amazon order, 3 lanyards are still cheaper than one on Amazon. Also ordered another knock off nylon wallet for 1.70 shipped.

also came across this customized license plate keychain completely by accident, ordered

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...b8adf03899bd-34

edit2, god drat this have colored one too. How do I tell them to make it in NY plate style?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...-f1417f596200-1

stephenthinkpad fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jul 6, 2021

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

What's the reason for wanting your license plate on your keychain? It just kinda seems like it's asking for someone to turn a lost set of keys into an opportunity.

I think most people would return keys, but why add temptation? The phone number I get.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

eSporks posted:

What's the reason for wanting your license plate on your keychain? It just kinda seems like it's asking for someone to turn a lost set of keys into an opportunity.

I think most people would return keys, but why add temptation? The phone number I get.

I guess when you lend the car to your friend? Now that you mention it, I feel stupid and will put it on my spare key.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

eSporks posted:

If someone has your keys and wants to steal your car, they can figure out which car is yours using the lock and panic buttons on the car key fob regardless of the license plate keychain.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

A thief walking around hitting the unlock button in the parking lot until your car flashes is a lot faster than reading license plates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
You use those licence plate tags when you are managing a car-pool. And the factory starts putting the products they make anyway directly on aliexpress.

I once had a keyring to a factory which had an offer for 50 bucks finders fee if turned in embossed on the plate.