Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Chinatown posted:

chicken thighs are where its at yo. they are like mega wings.

Dude.. don't tell them about the thighs. If it gets more popular the price will go up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Thighs are terrible. When in history have supple, succulent thighs ever been attractive? We're all breast men/women, right?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ShowTime posted:

Thighs are terrible. When in history have supple, succulent thighs ever been attractive? We're all breast men/women, right?

big JUICY thighs :vince:

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

ShowTime posted:

Obviously. Never would I ever spend like $13 (at 0.99 a pound) to make three-six meals.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

BeAuMaN posted:

Chicken Thighs w/ some sort of Italian seasoning paprika mix & olive oil, tossed in a metal casserole pan covered in foil; pull the foil off at the end and turn on the broiler to crisp the skin a bit.

gently caress, this literally made me sick! What were you thinking!? I dunno if it's just this recipe or chicken thighs in general, but for now I think everyone should stay away. Research: inclusive.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Gonna bury my face between all your juicy thighs

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

ShowTime posted:

gently caress, this literally made me sick! What were you thinking!? I dunno if it's just this recipe or chicken thighs in general, but for now I think everyone should stay away. Research: inclusive.
I dunno what your problem is. Pair it with rice pilaf and it's great.

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B
Has anyone done their home flooring through Costco? Is the pricing competitive if you do it through their installer (Shaw)?

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
I have bad news about cheap thighs, China has started accepting chicken from the US, and guess what, they are basically mostly interested in the thighs, unlike NA, so the price of them are going to go through the roof. Get them cheap while you can, and vacuum bag them up. PBUC!

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Geodude posted:

Anyone tried the Street Corn dip? Tempted for a 4th picnic.

My wife mixes it with shredded Costco rotisserie chicken.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
NOBODY is going shopping at Costco today in the USA.
As it should be.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

KakerMix posted:

NOBODY is going shopping at Costco today in the USA.
As it should be.
poo poo, is it closed today? I DIDNT GET MY BURGS AND DERGS

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

ShowTime posted:

I mostly eat carnivore and haven't had a problem with meat prices. I also don't buy steaks, so maybe I just haven't noticed. I tend to eat a lot of bison more than anything.

Which is another great thing about Costco! It's one of the best places to find affordable, quality bison meat. If you haven't had bison, it's a very lean, tasty red meat. Great if you are trying to maximize protein per calorie while also eating an enjoyable meal.

I have a serious question and I swear I'm not trying to shitpost or be ornery I'm just curious

Are you a newsboy cap guy OP. Theres not a single thing wrong with this but this is off-the-charts newboy cap guy behavior

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Chinatown posted:

Are these the ones next to the rotisserie chickens? Never tried but I've thought about em.

Nah the prepackaged refrigerated big shoulder smokehouse ones.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

I have a serious question and I swear I'm not trying to shitpost or be ornery I'm just curious

Are you a newsboy cap guy OP. Theres not a single thing wrong with this but this is off-the-charts newboy cap guy behavior

I have no loving clue what this means but yes? No? Is this good or bad?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Thighs are $2.99/lb at Costco and $0.99-1.99/lb at the local grocery.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

toplitzin posted:

Thighs are $2.99/lb at Costco and $0.99-1.99/lb at the local grocery.

Agreed. Costco does a lot of things right but pricing chicken thighs are not one of them.

CraigSlice
Sep 23, 2005
: )
My wife wanted to go to Lowes after our Costco trip to get some of those 27 gallon black containers with yellow lids, I was already thinking of how to avoid going. Costco had my back, it was as if Costco could read my mind on what we needed, they've never had them before but when I needed them they did, and cheaper than Lowes. PBUC!

Also how our their sofas, there was this comfy sectional sofa that we may get from them

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I just bought 9 of those black containers with yellow lids. Gonna pick up a wire rack from costco down the road to put them in later on. Hell yeah storage efficiency, thanks costco.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

nwin posted:

Agreed. Costco does a lot of things right but pricing chicken thighs are not one of them.
Yeah plus Costco carries Foster Farms thighs where I am and they're OKAY but they don't compare to thighs that Save Mart's home brand carries. Generally the thighs at Save Mart are larger and fresher.

I do like the packaging th e foster farms/Costco thighs come in though.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Thick thighs save lives

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

FogHelmut posted:

Thick thighs save lives

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Thick thighs save lives

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Never get that woody chicken bullshit with a thigh

HOMOEROTIC JESUS
Apr 19, 2018

Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

Fallom posted:

Never get that woody chicken bullshit with a thigh

Woody chicken literally ruined my life

The pre-frozen chicken breast was the absolute worst for it, not recommended at all

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The marinated tri tip thats $4 off a package is BUSSIN

Get that poo poo. Im grabbing 5 more for the chest freezer. After discount its around $5 a pound!!

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Kirkland Signature Golden Margarita ready-to-drink is fuckin' good. I legit fixed my ice maker just to enjoy the poo poo out of this bottle.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

Kirkland Signature Golden Margarita ready-to-drink is fuckin' good. I legit fixed my ice maker just to enjoy the poo poo out of this bottle.

Yesssss. My wife just picked up the strawberry and it's so good. 12% alcohol too which is more than the 1800 premix we usually get.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Gaius Marius posted:

The deli ribs are awful. Don't get them

yeah what the hell

I’m a little iffy on ribs to begin with because of the effort/mess, one time they were running a sale on the deli ribs and I figured I’d give them a try and I just didn’t enjoy them at all and ended up throwing the leftovers away

I didn’t really enjoy the seasoning iirc and the texture wasn’t great (but I figured that might be on me)

Taima posted:

Get that poo poo. Im grabbing 5 more for the chest freezer. After discount its around $5 a pound!!

I must have bought literally it the day before the sale or something. I got one two or three days ago and just threw the whole package in the sous vide (I did it significantly longer than a steak - 2 hours from fridge temp) and then seared it like a steak and it’s super juicy and tender. A+ would repeat, I’ve been eating slices of it cold out of the tupperware all day, it’s like a juicy roast beef type experience

if I can get a deal I might throw a couple in the freezer.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jul 5, 2021

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

If anyone still needed one of those Winix HEPA Air Purifiers + Extra Filters, they're on sale for $100 again today only, but $4 shipping:
https://www.costco.com/winix-true-hepa-4-stage-air-purifier-with-wi-fi-and-additional-filter.product.100662892.html

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

bagmonkey posted:

It's excellent.

Pick up some blue curaçao and put a splash in.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Taima posted:

What, the mortens? The do those sales every so often, and I indeed Stack them deep.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Paul MaudDib posted:

I must have bought literally it the day before the sale or something. I got one two or three days ago and just threw the whole package in the sous vide (I did it significantly longer than a steak - 2 hours from fridge temp) and then seared it like a steak and it’s super juicy and tender. A+ would repeat, I’ve been eating slices of it cold out of the tupperware all day, it’s like a juicy roast beef type experience

Oh nice!! Sous vide sounds like it would be great but I've never tried it. We just threw it in the smoker (applewood). Tri tip is probably my favorite meat to smoke because it's so quick and easy while still taking long enough to develop a nice smoke.

Hasselblad posted:

What, the mortens? The do those sales every so often, and I indeed Stack them deep.

I wish I could answer you but there actually doesn't seem to be a brand on it...? I'm just going by internet pics though, threw out my own package already.

It's this one:

After the discount it comes out to about 4 pounds per package @ $5 per pound.

Taima fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 5, 2021

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ShowTime posted:

I have no loving clue what this means but yes? No? Is this good or bad?

Lol get a load of this newsboy cap guy

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Taima posted:

I wish I could answer you but there actually doesn't seem to be a brand on it...? I'm just going by internet pics though, threw out my own package already.

It's this one:

After the discount it comes out to about 4 pounds per package @ $5 per pound.

Oh, haven't seen that.
This is what I get, and I too do the sous vide with it. Yeah it may be blade tenderized, but I puddle it long enough and I simply don't care. Ain't dead yet.
https://mortonsofomaha.com/products/steakhouse-classic-tri-tip/

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

BeAuMaN posted:

If anyone still needed one of those Winix HEPA Air Purifiers + Extra Filters, they're on sale for $100 again today only, but $4 shipping:
https://www.costco.com/winix-true-hepa-4-stage-air-purifier-with-wi-fi-and-additional-filter.product.100662892.html

Got one of these a month or so ago. Sensor picks up when we cook or clean and kicks the fan up a notch. Not much more than a novelty device for another month, but when the fires start (Pacific Northwest goon) I expect it to be a lifesaver.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Your local newsboy here to report that that green sauce enchiladas made by Realgood are...well, real good. They are a low carb version of your typical enchilada, made to be microwaved or cooked in conventional oven. I went with cooking them in the oven and I threw them ontop of some cauliflower rice for a delicious dinner. Gonna hit up the church tomorrow to buy a few more and stuff them in my freezer.

Having tried many of the Realgood dinner options, I wouldn't recommend any of them other than the enchiladas. I've had the pizzas (pepperoni, veggie and three-cheese) and the cordon bleu, but none of them were as good as the enchiladas. All I added was some Sriracha and they were delicious.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Enos Cabell posted:

Meat prices are still a little high here, but I can drive 30 min in any direction and smell feed lots so I'm sure it's much worse further out. Still didn't stop me from picking up an 8lb pork belly and a prime brisket flat. Turned the pork belly into burnt ends on thursday, vac sealed them (pbuc) and gonna sous vide heat them up tomorrow. Brisket goes on this evening to smoke overnight.

I make Pork belly Burnt Ends yesterday with some Belly from Coscto.

I made 3 flavors out of it (no pics though). Carolina BBQ, Teriyaki & Thai Peanut (that I fortified with Kirkland Almond Butter because last time I did it wasn't peanuty enough)

caedwalla
Nov 1, 2007

the eye has it
Anyone know if Costco includes necessary connections for washers and dryers? The product listing states 'Delivery, Basic Installation and Haul Away Included in Most Areas' and the order page seems to confirm it, but googling suggests different answers and I don't want to have to call the 'scto if I don't have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

caedwalla posted:

Anyone know if Costco includes necessary connections for washers and dryers? The product listing states 'Delivery, Basic Installation and Haul Away Included in Most Areas' and the order page seems to confirm it, but googling suggests different answers and I don't want to have to call the 'scto if I don't have to.

When we had my ex's washer replaced they unhooked the old one, installed the new one, and took the old one away. My guess is that if you already have hookups they'd be able to install it, but they're not going to install hookups in a room that doesn't already have them.