Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Coverage only just started for me: Is Alaphilippe in a solo break? After the turn he put in yesterday is impressive

e: ah it was an intermediate sprint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Is there literally anywhere in America to get a stream for today?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Vando posted:

Has a Tour winner ever been lantern rouge in Paris before?

Sam Bennett was lanterne rogue on his first appearance, and won the green jersey last year.

But no yellow Jersey winners.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Can't believe Dan Martin can do this with the descents.

Hopefully Alaphilippe can survive the climbs

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

nwin posted:

NBC's streaming service Peacock has it. It you get the $10 version you can choose between the NBC stream and another comercial free stream.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

nwin posted:

Legally? Nbcsn or peacock has it, fubo tv has it and you can do a free 7 day trial

Do you have a VPN?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Pierre Rolland has decided he can win this even with the descent then

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Weembles posted:

NBC's streaming service Peacock has it. It you get the $10 version you can choose between the NBC stream and another comercial free stream.

Ah I didn’t know peacock had it

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

peanut- posted:

Pierre Rolland has decided he can win this even with the descent then

And pog has decided he can't without a wheel change

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Froome dropped on the flat

peanut- posted:

Can't believe Dan Martin can do this with the descents.

Hopefully Alaphilippe can survive the climbs

The first descent off ventoux is apparently very easy, even Dan Martin should be able to handle it

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Just retire froome.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

HappyCamperGL posted:

He should have been ejected from the race for not completing the course with a bike.

I thought he eventually got a bike and finished the course on a bike, it was only 100m or so that he ran

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

What happened to van der Sande?

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Froome dropped on the flat

I wonder how much Wiggins will enjoy riding past Froome on his scooter.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

bit worried for are cav

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Carrier posted:

bit worried for are cav

Wiggins seemed to think he was looking perky. I can't see alaphillipe being out the front like this if they thought he at least had a good chance of making it through.

But yeh a bit worried here too.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Carrier posted:

bit worried for are cav

Because of the classification of the stage it's actually easier than the stage into tignes, i think the cut off should be nearly 50 minutes if they race to schedule

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

That isadore kit looks nice and i like their adverts :homebrew:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Because of the classification of the stage it's actually easier than the stage into tignes, i think the cut off should be nearly 50 minutes if they race to schedule

I think Andorra is a bigger problem as far as getting dropped on an early climb is. The last few stages seem like ones where unless you get dropped the minute the road rises you can make it as a sprinter.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Another abandon in McLay and Gaudu is cracking bigly

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Another abandon in Benoot, everyone is dying

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Sivakov is France's only hope

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If Gaudu is ill on the first ascent, that's an almost certain DNF

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Benoot has abandoned as well. They’re dropping like flies today.

EDIT: Beaten like Sagan in a bunch finish.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Alaphilippe putting in a lot of effort to keep up front

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Gaudu spewing his guts all over the road more than 10km from the top of the first summit is probably not a good sign for him getting to the end

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Gonna be hard to get enough calories in when you can’t keep it down. Where’s the domestique with an IV when you need them?

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

Vando posted:

Gaudu spewing his guts all over the road more than 10km from the top of the first summit is probably not a good sign for him getting to the end

New technique for shedding weight before the climbs :hmmyes:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They're already at Chalet Reynard? I know the first part of the first ascent is relatively "easy" but they're really putting some pace in.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Dan Fartin

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's 2021 and people are still doing the Borat thong/Kazakh flag thing

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
RIP Dan Martin. Related, the Fantini logo on the Israel Startup Nation team kit looks dangerously similar to the Festina logo

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Not gonna lie if I was knackered and riding up a loving mountain some of those fans would do my head in.

"Oh I'll just stick this flag in your face until the last possible second"

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

I'd completely missed van aert was here

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

serious gaylord posted:

Just retire froome.

Whilst I do tend to agree, we were saying the same about cav the last couple of years

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Love these unearthly looking climbs. That reminds me that the Tour hasn't done La Bonette in like forever.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Yeah the camera is doing a lovely job of showing how alien the scenery is up there

Mollema being cheeky

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Someone needs to do an inverse Froome and run down the mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

StarkingBarfish posted:

Yeah the camera is doing a lovely job of showing how alien the scenery is up there

Mollema being cheeky

La Bonette is just amazing, AKA the Col de That Barloworld Guy Nearly Sliding Down The Entire Mountain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grUTlt5N4YE