Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

kimbo305 posted:

He needs a bigger one. No deal.

Was going to say a 54cm is the wrong direction, but it sold pretty quickly anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

highme posted:

Cleaned up my old CXmmuter and rode it across the yard to take pics against my new fence section. For the CL ads. It was fine for my short commute and riding to bars, but I’d have to swap it to flat bars if it ever tried to race it. It’s a good bike and best case scenario, someone trades me a 56cm CX bike and we’re both happy.

I had one of these, a 2011 Conquest Pro, that I built into a single speed commuter. Great bike that felt fast and balanced except for the BB30. Certainly not fancy enough so I had zero qualms with locking it up on the street

Biggus Duckus
Feb 13, 2012

I was blessed to have Swift Industries do their flagship Swift Campout ride out of Portland this year. About 25 of us started from Portland and took some back/gravel roads out to the Timber area. Food, shelter, and clothing were on us, but Snow Peak outfitted the campsite with chairs, firepits, water, beverages, and breakfast. We learned about sustainable forest and timber development, and then enjoyed the rest of the night around the fires. Got to fly through Forest Park and down Thurman as our last hurrah.

One guy made giant pigs-in-a-blanket with sausages, cheese, and Pillsbury Doughboy croissants, and I'm pretty sure that's going to be a camping staple for me from now on.

Biggus Duckus fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jun 22, 2021

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Biggus Duckus posted:

I was blessed to have Swift Industries do their flagship Swift Campout ride out of Portland this year. About 25 of us started from Portland and took some back/gravel roads out to the Timber area. Food, shelter, and clothing were on us, but Snow Peak outfitted the campsite with chairs, firepits, water, beverages, and breakfast. We learned about sustainable forest and timber development, and then enjoyed the rest of the night around the fires. Got to fly through Forest Park and down Thurman as our last hurrah.

One guy made giant pigs-in-a-blanket with sausages, cheese, and Pillsbury Doughboy croissants, and I'm pretty sure that's going to be a camping staple for me from now on.

Still the best paint itt. Looks like an awesome outing! Was that a pound of ground beef on the grill?

Biggus Duckus
Feb 13, 2012

spf3million posted:

Still the best paint itt. Looks like an awesome outing! Was that a pound of ground beef on the grill?

You know the kind of steak that is in small-town grocery stores with a bright orange SALE sticker on the top?

It was that kind of steak.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Did it travel in a frame bag too?

sweat poteto
Feb 16, 2006

Everybody's gotta learn sometime
Noodling around after the rains

lodie
Feb 8, 2004
new tape + tires

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

Rescued from trainer duty, now set up for tooling around town duty and the occasional fast paved-ish climb. Stripped everything off and put everything back together after ultrasonic cleaning and such:

_and_ now with much better looking brakes, thanks to one Mr Manstrong of like 5+ years ago, I finally put these on:

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Nice. Chainstay looks a little beat up though. Mastic tape works well.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

lodie posted:

new tape + tires

This is excellent. Love it.

Steve French
Sep 8, 2003

dema posted:

Nice. Chainstay looks a little beat up though. Mastic tape works well.

That ship has sailed. I’d consider putting something on to stop the bleeding, but for now this is gonna be mostly for smooth riding (and most of that damage is almost certainly from before I changed to a CX1 derailer that keeps much higher tension than the force one before it)

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker

:discourse:

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

sweat poteto posted:

Noodling around after the rains

This is an exceptionally good looking bike.

lodie
Feb 8, 2004

ExecuDork posted:

This is excellent. Love it.

thank you (+rngd)! i like it a lot. the pinks don't all match but hey that's life

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013
Hey I just put pink slicks on my gravel bike. Not sure I like how they handle, but slipping around is a lot of fun.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

New Bike Weekend

Need to decide what front wheel to get for it, but man, it feels good.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

Hokkaido Anxiety posted:

Hey I just put pink slicks on my gravel bike. Not sure I like how they handle, but slipping around is a lot of fun.

sick, I just ordered the blue slicks for my TCR, love the gravelkings!

bicievino posted:

New Bike Weekend

a good bike

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

bicievino posted:

New Bike Weekend

Do your bars say moist?

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man

iospace posted:

Do your bars say moist?

Yes.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

bicievino posted:

New Bike Weekend

Are you a track nation champion? Because you look like one.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

dema posted:

Are you a track nation champion? Because you look like one.

I am. 35-39 points race, 35-44 Madison.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

iospace posted:

Do your bars say moist?

Yes. I mean, it says MOST, but with that dumb font it definitely actually says MOIST.

Italians are weird.

I also don't know what the bike's name acronym (MAAT) stands for. Probably something similarly weird.

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

bicievino posted:

New Bike Weekend

This bike fucks so hard.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

bicievino posted:

I am. 35-39 points race, 35-44 Madison.

Bad rear end.

Oldsrocket_27
Apr 28, 2009
That pinarello is a thing of beauty bicievino, especially in that blue.

In contrast, here's my silly junky fixed gear, now complete with not-broken cranks and pedals:

I also took the opportunity to take photos of my other two bikes as well.

Gravel rig/tow truck for my kid's trailer:

Road bike:

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

bicievino posted:

Yes. I mean, it says MOST, but with that dumb font it definitely actually says MOIST.

Italians are weird.

I also don't know what the bike's name acronym (MAAT) stands for. Probably something similarly weird.

Mannondale Advanced Aluminum Tesign

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

Oldsrocket_27 posted:

In contrast, here's my silly junky fixed gear, now complete with not-broken cranks and pedals:

Good choice with the fluted seat post.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

got the blue panaracers on, i think I'm done setting this one bike up for now.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

e.pilot posted:

Mannondale Advanced Aluminum Tesign

One of the As is for Acciaio, Italian for steel.

CaptainTofu
Jun 1, 2021

Surly 1x1, 21 years young. Probably its 4th or 5th iteration in the 6 years I've owned it.

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

kimbo305 posted:

One of the As is for Acciaio, Italian for steel.

Mannondale Advanced Acciaio Tesign

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

CaptainTofu posted:

Surly 1x1, 21 years young. Probably its 4th or 5th iteration in the 6 years I've owned it.

This bike looks fun as hell

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Samopsa posted:

got the blue panaracers on, i think I'm done setting this one bike up for now.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
My daily driver. Pretty much as I want it now. Might put a Wound Up fork on it with a bit more clearance. 28s barely fit the stock fork but it works. Andel Deluxe crankset. Archetypes laced to Gran Comp hubs. C17 saddle, Cinelli narrow risers, black edition gatorskins. 48/18

Chinatown fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 9, 2021

CaptainTofu
Jun 1, 2021

Unsinkabear posted:

This bike looks fun as hell

It really is.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Sup Blue Panaracer crew.

mexecan
Jul 10, 2006

Gulf CAAD update. Switched out the wheels in the last year. And a crank upgrade.

Also considering selling. I rarely ride group rides anymore let alone compete. Something like an Aspero with two sets of wheels (road/gravel) is probably in my future.

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

mexecan posted:

Gulf CAAD update. Switched out the wheels in the last year. And a crank upgrade.

Also considering selling. I rarely ride group rides anymore let alone compete. Something like an Aspero with two sets of wheels (road/gravel) is probably in my future.

Ungh so hot right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

bicievino posted:

New Bike Weekend

I love this bike and especially love the bars and colorway

Also, nice jersey