Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Skiter with the sit in the trees trying not breath strat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Ceb axe is too strong

When the game gives you illu cape you literally cannot lose as axe, he just does too much pure damage

CVE
Jan 27, 2012
I think a reasonable axe nerf might be to turn the shard into a toggle so you have to choose between defensive and offensive spins.

I still like the idea of the shard turning axe into a flex pick but it's too strong at the moment.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Franais.
Game 5 it is then

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

GAME FIIIIIIIIIVE :black101:

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

so many axes

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hell yeah game five

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

So ban Axe and first phase a WW for Tundra?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

WW is a perfectly balanced midtier hero compared to Axe.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
remember how quickly return was nerfed on centaur illusions and yet somehow axe has remained untouched all this time

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Next patch when, need that axe nerf

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I'm hoping we get a patch this month rather than next.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

CVE posted:

I think a reasonable axe nerf might be to turn the shard into a toggle so you have to choose between defensive and offensive spins.

I still like the idea of the shard turning axe into a flex pick but it's too strong at the moment.

Reduce the spin damage on illusions, same as Return on Centaur illusions. If the spins did 33% damage instead of 100% it wouldn't be as nuts.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
No matter who wins the real winner is the friends we made along the way

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

I'm honestly surprised dazzle hasn't shown up in the meta to counter axe manta, or even tb. Instant kill on all illusions in an area on a few second CD seems perfect for this meta

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ChaosReaper posted:

So ban Axe and first phase a WW for Tundra?

first phase ww or tb

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

EthanSteele posted:

Reduce the spin damage on illusions, same as Return on Centaur illusions. If the spins did 33% damage instead of 100% it wouldn't be as nuts.

That's a good idea. Meta wise I would be interested in how diminishing returns on stacks would work out. Or complete insane ideas like item bans, which I doubt is ever going to happen.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

first phase ww or tb

You have to ban axe and tb in this meta, they're too loving strong

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
gently caress yes game five. This is a big reason why OG is fun to watch, they dont tend to go out clean.

Id be really bummed if there is no patch before TI. The meta needs a shake up, even though we still are being surprised by these silly picks and drafts that somehow work because these guys exist on another level of play. It would not feel good to see the same heroes, mechanics and items doing the same things two months from now.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

You gotta first phase ban TB you cannot let that hero be picked ever

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Unfortunately I have to do something during game 5. Please no one post any spoilers until I check back on and see the vod this evening.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Axe banned by tundra, OG bans Terrorblade. Tundra first phase picks wyvern

:thunk:

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

1st phase WW Tundra win.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

ChaosReaper posted:

1st phase WW Tundra win.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm still nervous for tundra but I'm rooting for them

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
ez og win incoming !!!

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

gotta say, puppey and pie are great during this draft lol

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's a shame there isn't a wild card for TI this year because I'd like to see both of these teams there

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I'm the wyvern first blooding the pangolier that isn't caught on camera

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Unfortunately I have to do something during game 5. Please no one post any spoilers until I check back on and see the vod this evening.

Ok

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jerk McJerkface posted:

oh no no nono

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ankles broken

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

good tips

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Why is the dire ranged creep a disco glow guy?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

EthanSteele posted:

Why is the dire ranged creep a disco glow guy?

battlepass skins probably

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

OG crumbling

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
this is a real slobberknocker of an early game

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005

Hey look at that WW is owning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

:siren: The Wyvern has been killed :siren: