Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
I'm sorta happy to just get new/missed cosmetics :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I ran season 1 again because I wanted a better Good Times LMG than the one I had. Season 2 has nothing that interests me right now cept some extra materials.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Guillermus posted:

I ran season 1 again because I wanted a better Good Times LMG than the one I had. Season 2 has nothing that interests me right now cept some extra materials.

They've just started Brosef McPMC's season last week - just finished LI and the actual Shade bounty last night during the hockey game.

LOL, just looked at the Div2 wiki for some info on Wraith (Target #2): "Completing the Judiciary Square activities gives the PLACEHOLDER as a reward." GOTTA CATCH "EM ALL!

I want to say there's a Hunter that shows up during the Wraith bounty, and for-sure during the final Coney runs (at least during the original Season), and I think I'm more interested in them than any of the actual rewards.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There's a hunter that shows up for all the final big targets in the Schaeffer season. Unless you're really quick they'll just poof out once you damage them a bit. Presumably the same hunter that shows up in the final mission in an actual fight.

PITT
Sep 21, 2004
MISTER
My friend I picked up the WONY while it was on sale and got back into this. Got to 40, built some internet builds to relearn how to play. Had stopped playing back when gear 2.0 dropped, so deleting all my stash poo poo felt refreshing in a way.

We have done most of the content, a couple legendary missions as 2 man which was interesting, completed Summit a couple of times. Been loving the Scorpio shotgun quite a bit.

I turned on the central chat for the first time today to see if people put together pickup raids since I've never done any and was met with a wall of Chinese bot spam, so turned that back off. Are any of the goon clans still alive and have any room for a couple 40 year old noobs?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If you are on PC leave your Uplay username here and I'll throw you an invite to both to AHO. The last active PC clan. Sadly we don't raid because is hard to get 8 nowadays interested on that after lots of runs.

There's always discord to get a group going.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

The last time I tried to organize a raid with the PC clan was probably like 4 months ago and the most people I managed to pull together was 6. Since then, all but 2 of those people have stopped playing entirely.

It's just hard to pull together 8 people and the raids require a lot more coordination than any other content in the game.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yeah, I barely log in once a week to check vendors and loot zones, play 20 mins and until next week.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

My buddy and I also started playing. We started a clan but you need four people, which is lame.

Got room for two more?

PITT
Sep 21, 2004
MISTER
Cool, Ill take some invites then.

My username is Jaybawt, and my buddy is Crumbstain

I just disbanded our tiny clan.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

If you wanna join the PC Goon clan apply in the Discord linked in the OP. I don't know how much room we have but Guillermus removes long inactive people on a semi-regular basis.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Yeah last week I left the clan with 38-39 members and still had some long inactive players. There should be more than enough room. I'll hop in this afternoon and send invites if you didn't apply already.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

PITT posted:

Cool, Ill take some invites then.

My username is Jaybawt, and my buddy is Crumbstain

I just disbanded our tiny clan.

Late quote but I didn't log in during the week, sent both of you an invite.

PITT
Sep 21, 2004
MISTER
Thanks! :hfive:

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
What's the PS player base these days? I tried to match make for the league missions and had a hell of a time.

Also, does anyone recall them saying that while they were repeating the seasons, they'd be adding cosmetic poo poo during the re-runs? I swear they said this but maybe I'm hallucinating.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is what they actually announced at the end of the Faye season (March 5)

quote:

As announced a few weeks back, we have begun work on new content for The Division 2. The development of this content will be led by a group of project veterans at Ubisoft Massive. This will see Adrian Trasca and Yannick Banchereau staying at the helm of the project as producer and associate creative director. We are also excited to announce that the new content will be made with the support of a talented group of developers at Ubisoft Bucharest.

In the next major update, we are looking to bring a game mode that is entirely new to the franchise. Along with the game mode, we are investigating new ways to progress your agent with an emphasis on increasing build variety and viability. We will be revealing more about what lies ahead as the update gets closer.

The development of this new update is still in its early stages and will take several months to complete. As a result, our next major update is currently scheduled for release late 2021 at the earliest. We will be taking this time to make sure we bring a meaningful change to the game.

New Gamemode and Content late 21 the earliest.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Jose Oquendo posted:

Also, does anyone recall them saying that while they were repeating the seasons, they'd be adding cosmetic poo poo during the re-runs? I swear they said this but maybe I'm hallucinating.

I don't have a quote but they absolutely said they were going to add new apparel events, but I don't believe they specified when that would be, and people probably just assumed they'd be during the season reruns (lol)

edit: also slap together a hunter's fury build easy now that it's season three repeat and solo all the league missions with minutes to spare.

Devlan Mud fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jul 11, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Ok thanks for letting me know I’m not insane. I recall them saying they were doing that so current players would still have a reason to play the recycled content so I assumed that they’d be doing them NOW. Not sure if that was the plan or if they always intended them for when the new content drops later this year.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jose Oquendo posted:

Ok thanks for letting me know I’m not insane. I recall them saying they were doing that so current players would still have a reason to play the recycled content so I assumed that they’d be doing them NOW. Not sure if that was the plan or if they always intended them for when the new content drops later this year.

It was weirdly timed where they had NOTHING announced planned after season 4 (like days from it ending) then Ubisoft had an earnings call where they mentioned that oh yeah Division 2 is totally getting new content. A day later Division 2 posted their "road ahead" message that oh yeah totally we're working on poo poo (now)

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I didn't finish the last season because of how dirty they did Lau, but I'll definitely come back assuming the new content isn't completely brain-dead.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Shumagorath posted:

I didn't finish the last season because of how dirty they did Lau, but I'll definitely come back assuming the new content isn't completely brain-dead.

It’s even weirder because the season trailer had a cutscene that is NOT used in-game of you capturing Lau

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

I tried Conflict for the first time since launch (when I actually enjoyed it). Killed 2 people and then got instakilled 6 times by assault rifles from what seemed like a mile away. Because it's a Division game I couldn't tell if it was hacking or that's just how the game is now. Deleted my PVP build from loadouts and that might be it for me until Heartland.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

TIL that in Division 1 shooting the russian dolls in Russian Consulate reveals smaller russian dolls as you shoot them

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Roman posted:

TIL that in Division 1 shooting the russian dolls in Russian Consulate reveals smaller russian dolls as you shoot them

hahah

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Tomorrow Ubisoft is showing off what appears to be a COD style FPS set in the Tom Clancy-verse. No idea if it's a Division title or MP only but the two video clips are multiplayer maps set in Division settings (NYC and National Zoo).

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

It's The Division: Heartland

EDIT: Or maybe not?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Roman fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jul 18, 2021

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

It's The Division: Heartland
Got that from pausing the video (@ 0:04)

EDIT: OK what the hell, I saw that other video, doesn't look like the small town setting of Heartland and it's a FPS?

https://twitter.com/Ubisoft/status/1416789864272613379

Roman fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 18, 2021

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

doesn't look like the small town setting of Heartland and it's a FPS?
Here:

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1416790212815081472

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

That's a CERA logo at 10 seconds and the map area looks like Times Square so I bet this is another Division spinoff, or that Clancyverse shooter that was rumoured at E3.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

UnknownMercenary posted:

That's a CERA logo at 10 seconds and the map area looks like Times Square so I bet this is another Division spinoff, or that Clancyverse shooter that was rumoured at E3.

It has to be the Clancy-verse shooter.

Heartland had some alpha test last month I think so people have played and no one chimed into say the thing being shown tomorrow is Heartland.

If memory serves, there's two Division games in development right now: Heartland and a mobile game.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Isn't Heartland also 3rd person?

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

BexGu posted:

Isn't Heartland also 3rd person?
yes, it's basically F2P Survival.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

If they make a PvE mode like Div1 had, I may give it a try.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Show starts in 10 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u0jHwK0z58

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Guillermus posted:

If they make a PvE mode like Div1 had, I may give it a try.
Heartland will have a PVE co-op mode called Expedition
No details on if it's just a quick tutorial thing or something more substantial you can replay

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah so it's a F2P COd with content from all clancy games. Outcasts and Cleaners are two of the factions.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Looks like it also have some Division gear/abilities as well, I think I saw a hive doing damage/healing in a AOE after being thrown.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

A bunch of those areas are from Division as well. One of them is the Western TV set from Stolen Signal in Division 1.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

UnknownMercenary posted:

A bunch of those areas are from Division as well. One of them is the Western TV set from Stolen Signal in Division 1.

There's a NYC map, a National Zoo map, and I recognized a couple others from both games.

I'm afraid that even if the game is remotely good, it's gonna have that F2P stink on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
F2P is trash and invites cheating.