Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Close to half of school teachers are under 40 but we aren't eligble to get the vaccine unless we want to get az. I don't see scomo changing the rules at all cause he only seems to care about the over 70 population and not the people who have to actually work a majority of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

Close to half of school teachers are under 40 but we aren't eligble to get the vaccine unless we want to get az. I don't see scomo changing the rules at all cause he only seems to care about the over 70 population and not the people who have to actually work a majority of the time.

It's not Scomo's call.

The TGA approved it for use in people 18 and over.

The ATAGI advice specifically states that people 18-59 can choose to receive AZ following assessment by a health professional and if they provide verbal or written consent.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lolie posted:

It's not Scomo's call.

It was Scomo's call because he's trying to jam the square peg that is AstraZenica into a round hole any way he can to make that dodgy little deal he has for it turn a profit, rather actually than work to get more Pfizer.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Here's a comparison of how all the various Aus outbreaks shaped up in their first few weeks/months. It was a little out of date so I added in the last 3 days of cases from the Bondi outbreak, which is currently up to 566 cases on day 24:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Lol, Gladys admitted the reason lockdowns were delayed was because she was talking to the business sector as well as health experts. Yeah, no poo poo they'd want to stay open.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Lol, Gladys admitted the reason lockdowns were delayed was because she was talking to the business sector as well as health experts. Yeah, no poo poo they'd want to stay open.

many still are. I can't see how many of the open stores are "essential". Looking at you ikea and bbq's galore.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Half her loving ministry wants to stay open.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's a comparison of how all the various Aus outbreaks shaped up in their first few weeks/months. It was a little out of date so I added in the last 3 days of cases from the Bondi outbreak, which is currently up to 566 cases on day 24:

That's terrifying.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Worth following this account for case details

https://twitter.com/dbRaevn/status/1414081876843581440

This is much better for looking at local exposure sites. But I don't know just how quickly they update it.
https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/1606ae83c91e4dc68c95170e7f37e9e9

Say safe goons

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

riding round windows open bumping the loving anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXIMUCW0F7w

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Who knew a "We're locked down but you still have to go to work cause you're essential" lockdown would fail!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw_cdqQHGA8

well why not posted:

riding round windows open bumping the loving anthem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXIMUCW0F7w

:laffo: This dude owns the United Cinema chains. Last year I went and saw something just to get out of the house and this song played in full before the movie.

The music video was something else

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

He owns United Cinemas AND Max Brenner’s. He’s legitimately very wealthy. His family are always staffing the cinema at Warriewood and he’s often about. His music plays before pretty much every screening. He loves movies and opera and hobnobbing with celebrities. Rumour has it he gives a significant amount of money to charity. As in, six figure sums annually.

United Cinemas also have a deal with Wahlburgers’ to build restaurants into the cinemas.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

They just uploaded another image which shows exposure sites and how many cases are related to them.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
And Victoria is closing its border from midnight to all of NSW and the ACT. Victorians will be able to return with a red zone permit but will have to quarantine for 14 days.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Paying a people smuggler to get me to Wodonga.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Paying a people smuggler to get me to Wodonga.

lol

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I can't figure out if you can fly to Canberra and back from Melbourne under these conditions

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

EoinCannon posted:

I can't figure out if you can fly to Canberra and back from Melbourne under these conditions

If you do you will have to quarantine for 14 days on your return, assuming you can even get a permit and flights.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

EoinCannon posted:

Vic has classified the ACT as a red zone starting from midnight tonight
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-11/victoria-to-close-border-to-nsw-as-covid-outbreak-worsens/100285020

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
There's a rumour floating around the Hunter that there's someone in Maitland hospital with a confirmed case of covid. Nothing official in the news yet, but given the amount of people I've spotted around town this school holidays that are obviously tourists, it was only going to be a matter of time before the wave hit Newcastle :cry:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

bee posted:

There's a rumour floating around the Hunter that there's someone in Maitland hospital with a confirmed case of covid. Nothing official in the news yet, but given the amount of people I've spotted around town this school holidays that are obviously tourists, it was only going to be a matter of time before the wave hit Newcastle :cry:

Different hospital but my daughter works for Hunter health and goes back to work from leave tomorrow. If it's true, they will know and be talking about it.

I'd expect them to be transferred to John Hunter, though.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Thank you re: ACT
I assume it's a red zone because it is wholly surrounded by NSW and can't shut it's borders to that state.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EoinCannon posted:

Thank you re: ACT
I assume it's a red zone because it is wholly surrounded by NSW and can't shut it's borders to that state.

If they didn't it'd be the same situation as any partial lockdown; "Oh, that spot's not red zone, let's go travel from there! *cough-cough*

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
thank you Gladys you worthless oval office

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
The "graphic" vaccination ad is awful. It looks like someone badly faking respiratory problems and I doubt it's going to convince a single person to get vaccinated.

Add this campaign to the long list of covid-related expenditure which only benefited those sending the invoices.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lolie posted:

The "graphic" vaccination ad is awful. It looks like someone badly faking respiratory problems and I doubt it's going to convince a single person to get vaccinated.

Add this campaign to the long list of covid-related expenditure which only benefited those sending the invoices.

It's especially useless considering the character in the ad is clearly under 40 and couldn't get a vaccine right now even if she wanted one

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

lmao if they did a quick shutdown in the first place none of this poo poo would’ve happened

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
GPs are going to get slammed again tomorrow by people ringing to bring their second AZ dose forward.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Oh boy. It looks it may have been Kevin Rudd who intervened to get supply of Pfizer doses brought forward.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

thank you Gladys you worthless oval office

:yeah:

Lolie posted:

Oh boy. It looks it may have been Kevin Rudd who intervened to get supply of Pfizer doses brought forward.

fuckin' :laffo: if true. God drat this worthless government

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
The government's level of care for my generation had been shown so clearly

It is so clearly ,deeply hosed, and institutional trust has been lost for easily decade

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
Please stay safe Australian goons. :staredog:

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Lolie posted:

omg, this would be amazing.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

Jestery posted:

The government's level of care for my generation had been shown so clearly

It is so clearly ,deeply hosed, and institutional trust has been lost for easily decade

Well, kickin off the work boots for the last time in... I don't know how long...

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Bill Posters posted:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-11/kevin-rudd-australia-covid-pfizer-vaccine-supply-senior-execs/100284902

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

:discourse:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Bill Posters posted:

This whole article. God drat

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

:roflolmao: Hahahahahahahahahahaha oh poo poo I can't breathe someone get me a ventilator

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

:roflolmao: Hahahahahahahahahahaha oh poo poo I can't breathe someone get me a ventilator

intubated for the lulz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
NVJ must have gotten a job as Scomo's Pfizer negotiator