Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Ban aerodynamics, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

OhsH posted:

Why are all these tifosi wearing blue

Forza Azzurri!

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

marshalljim posted:

Ban aerodynamics, imo

you joke, but I think banning separate aero from the body would be cool, would make all the cars look different, and make the sport safer.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019
bodywork aero only

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Parappa the Dapper posted:

Watching Goodwood f1 pageant and how did the cars go from kart-sized sleds to SUV-sized footprints over the last 40 years? Was it mandated by regs?
I think a couple of the factors is regulations on the placement of gas tanks (you can't seat the driver inside a 4 sided bathtub of gas anymore) and regulations on the amount of car that exists in front of the driver's feet (you can't make the driver's feet a frontal crumple zone in a crash anymore).

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lots of undercuts in this soccer game

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

I think they should change the regs to make the sport good

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

At least one Italian team is getting in there!!!!

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I will root for ferrari for one race

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

it's coming rome

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Brits hackfraud binmen confirmed.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

England can only win one championship a year, and Sir Lewis winning #8 this year made it so. A worthy sacrifice

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Serperoth posted:

England can only win one championship a year, and Sir Lewis winning #8 this year made it so. A worthy sacrifice

In full support of this.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

net work error posted:

In full support of this.

This is Racist BS against Mexicans tbh.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Zedd posted:

This is Racist BS against Mexicans tbh.

Lewis is #1, nuestro Checo is #2

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Folks should start getting used to Max's 2021 WDC now, before it's too late.

Every morning, when you're standing in front of the bathroom mirror, just look yourself in the eyes and say "Max Verstappen is going to win the championship this year and I'm okay with that." Start out in a whisper and slowly work your way up over the coming weeks or just mumble it every day until the words no longer bother you.

If you keep on living in some Max-free fantasy land where people like Lewis, Checo, and Lando can win this year's WDC, you're going to have no one to blame but yourself when the moment of reckoning arrives.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Good advice for most of the smooth brained posters in here.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Clearly when sir lew signed on for two more years it meant he gave up on this year and next year.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Can’t wait for Merc to take the sandbags off (finally) at Silverstone next week

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

GramCracker posted:

Can’t wait for Merc to take the sandbags off (finally) at Silverstone next week

Bit rude to compare Bottass to sand but ok.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

marshalljim posted:

If you keep on living in some Max-free fantasy land where people like Lewis, Checo, and Lando can win this year's WDC, you're going to have no one to blame but yourself when the moment of reckoning arrives.

Listen the last year and a half has been hard enough without doomposting like this.

Mods?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

marshalljim posted:

Every morning, when you're standing in front of the bathroom mirror, just look yourself in the eyes and say "Max Verstappen is going to win the championship this year and I'm okay with that." Start out in a whisper and slowly work your way up over the coming weeks or just mumble it every day until the words no longer bother you.

Russel still has a shot, technically

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Russell won't get points this year.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

can you believe there are people that buy Merc swag lmao

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

yeah think about the people who pay money for their cars!

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

They’re the best team maybe you should wake tHE fck up

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Vasukhani posted:

FIA regs are stupid. They wanted to decrease downforce by limiting the number of wings you could have. The teams pretty quickly realized you could make up the loss by just making the car very long to get more floor.

compare to a cross section from before these regs

I am reality hyped to see what insane monstrosities they manage to develop from next year's regs.

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Skim Milk posted:

I think they should change the regs to make the sport good

Ban the cars completely, just do a one lap foot race. I would watch this.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Kimi just jumps over the line backwards, crosses it on foot and loopholes the rules.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ah, the Schumacher

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

marshalljim posted:

I'm taking this to qcs this is not okay.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Gonna lol when Lewis is headed to the checkered flag for the WDC and Max takes them both out like the crybaby he is

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

ethanol posted:

They’re the best team maybe you should wake tHE fck up

Idk bout that man I just looked at the standings and they say otherwise

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

The Big Jesus posted:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

RAWE
CEEK

?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

The Big Jesus posted:

I don’t know if you noticed but fraudulent Red Bull just had two races back to back on their own cheater track.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
That they normally don’t do well on, so that’s either ominous or more evidence of cheating take your pick

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

ethanol posted:

I don’t know if you noticed but fraudulent Red Bull just had two races back to back on their own cheater track.

They won at Paul Ricard and are going to win at Silverstone.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Zeta Acosta posted:

They won at Paul Ricard and are going to win at Silverstone.

Come off it mate, I have a good feeling max will retire the car next race and you don’t want to go against me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
remember Baku where Max had the win in the bag and just decided to fling the car into the wall and the team had to be rescued by Checo?