Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I binged through Manifest on Netflix and then saw that season 3 was on Hulu so I went through that as well. People said it ends on a cliffhanger, but I kind of don't care? The plot meandered along over the season and then it felt like they needed to rush to resolve some things, and then they threw in a bunch of new stuff in the last 30 seconds. The new stuff was weird enough that I don't really care if there's ever a fourth season. I don't know if I've ever felt that way about a show before. Usually I either get bored part way through a season, or I get bored of the show during the first episode of a new season after a long break. I've never gotten bored of a show as soon as the season ended though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
E: massive Creamerie spoilers in here

Ccs posted:

. I thought it was a limited series but they set up for a season 2 that may not ever happen so that puts a bit of a damper on how I’d recommend it. I did enjoy it overall and the acting was excellent though.

? In the ending I saw they were all captured, completely helpless and about to be lobotomised and all the men were going to have their balls drained until they died.

I mean they could follow on from that somehow but I wouldn't exactly call it a 'set up'.

Oh yeah: (plot nitpick) why didn't they lobotomise the men, anyway?

Unkempt fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jul 11, 2021

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Creamerie rocks. Glad other people are getting into it.

Unkempt posted:

Oh yeah: (plot nitpick) why didn't they lobotomise the men, anyway?

I thought that they blissed them (her brother is really out of it at the very end). I assume they were also having sex with then, hence why those chose not to lobotomise.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Open Source Idiom posted:

Creamerie rocks. Glad other people are getting into it.

I thought that they blissed them (her brother is really out of it at the very end). I assume they were also having sex with then, hence why those chose not to lobotomise.

Can't see that being much of a fun date night tbh

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Unkempt posted:

Can't see that being much of a fun date night tbh

Bliss looks mad fun. Probably helps override all those awkward consent issues too. Win-win.

Warning: above post uses sarcasm.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I’m watching the second season of Back starring Mitchell and Webb. The way it’s impossible to tell whether Webb’s character is actually a master manipulator and basically evil or just a sort of desperate man who is well intentioned is infuriating but makes for excellent drama.

Ccs fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 11, 2021

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Dave - I was so worried for GaTa trying to get his phone charged. Never know where things are going to go with this show

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I’m doing a rewatch of Breaking Bad for the first time since it ended and it’s been great, especially because I’ve been following the old TVIV threads for it. Man I forgot that the Skyler hate was almost as bad here as the rest of the internet until Season 4 when the mods told everyone to stop. Also lmao at so many awful theories and people INSISTING that anyone who thinks Walt poisoned Brock is an idiot. (That’s where I’m at now)

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

You'd think after all the success that the BB actors would go on to amazing things. Not even Walter White is in anything good now and Gus has been typecast playing the exact same dude over and over even in video games like Far Cry. At least Aaron Paul had a great run in Bojack. They need better agents.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Forensic Files II premiered its second season tonight with two episodes.

The first, I think, was on Unsolved Mysteries way back in the day (crime was from 1992). For the second time in as many seasons, they use this Parabon Snapshot bullshit to criminally profile people. Parabon Snapshot uses DNA code to "predict" how the suspect may look based on percentages of how people with those markers look.

They got lucky that the guy who they arrested and plead guilty to the murder had already been on their radar.

Second case is a Kentucky census worker found hanged in a tree in a cemetery, that was ultimately determined to be a suicide.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

You'd think after all the success that the BB actors would go on to amazing things. Not even Walter White is in anything good now and Gus has been typecast playing the exact same dude over and over even in video games like Far Cry. At least Aaron Paul had a great run in Bojack. They need better agents.

Aaron Paul seems to be doing fine, after Breaking Bad you're allowed to be picky in the roles you take.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Also Bryan Cranston's like been nominated for an Oscar and won a couple of Tonys.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

STAC Goat posted:

Also Bryan Cranston's like been nominated for an Oscar and won a couple of Tonys.

He’s an Oscar away from the Triple Crown.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Mythic Quest S2 finale was great. Loved the final scene

It is a Good Show

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I've been wanting more boat shows and this is giving me The Terror vibes. Also Colin Farrel in an AMC mini series? sign me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8VZKyHIg70

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Brock Samson posted:

Dave - I was so worried for GaTa trying to get his phone charged. Never know where things are going to go with this show

Same!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

I've been wanting more boat shows and this is giving me The Terror vibes. Also Colin Farrel in an AMC mini series? sign me up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8VZKyHIg70

It’s a BBC show but it IS written and directed by the excellent Andrew Haigh so I’m all-in on this one.

Also yes Giancarlo Esposito needs better roles that showcase his range more. That motherfucker played Buggin’ Out!

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Mu Zeta posted:

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1332361121349689345?s=20

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

It’s a BBC show but it IS written and directed by the excellent Andrew Haigh so I’m all-in on this this.

His TV stuff worked way less for me than his film stuff. Looking was really bad.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Okay you might all joke about Giancarlo getting typecast to hell and back, but the true unsung casualty of BB is Dean Norris who treks from poo poo to poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7E2jn8ENak

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

His TV stuff worked way less for me than his film stuff. Looking was really bad.

I never watched Looking but it seemed to get a bunch of acclaim from all over the place

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Escobarbarian posted:

I never watched Looking but it seemed to get a bunch of acclaim from all over the place

Its got some good episodes, but I think it was a case of wrong story (well off, emotionally vapid people have affairs), wrong time. And there was an absolutely bonkers subplot about peri peri chicken that just made me think no one had done much research beyond their anecdotal bubble (which was true of a lot of the rest of the show, but in this case it didn't feel particularly characterful).

Really happy to see Murray Bartlett in The White Lotus though. (Though of course I would, he's Farscape alumni). That cast is loving stacked.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

MiddleOne posted:

Okay you might all joke about Giancarlo getting typecast to hell and back, but the true unsung casualty of BB is Dean Norris who treks from poo poo to poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7E2jn8ENak

He's the lion king motherfucker

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

He's the lion king motherfucker

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Finished the White Lotus premier.

Music by Cristobal Tapia de Veer!!!! Utopia (UK) guy!!!!

AAAHGHGHGHG

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Whats that from

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Finished the White Lotus premier.

Music by Cristobal Tapia de Veer!!!! Utopia (UK) guy!!!!

AAAHGHGHGHG

So excited to watch this later. It’s sad it’s taken Mike White so long to make another show after Enlightened ended. Man that poo poo was a masterpiece

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Whats that from

Under the Dome, right?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.gateworld.net/news/2021/06/jessica-steen-finally-reveals-why-stargate-recast-dr-weir/

The true reason why Jessica Steen was recast as Dr. Weir in Stargate has finally been revealed!

She was too much of a hardcore Burning Man fan for the producers to handle. “He said, ‘They felt [that] you were more committed to naked drugging in the desert than you would be committed to doing the show the way they needed you to.”

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Disney's saying that Black Widow brought in $60m on D+ alone (and $218m worldwide).

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

And all $60 mil of that goes straight to Disney.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/matress_island/status/1414405829676122117

I love being 100 million years old

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Love 2 be older than even Tracey Ullman's television career

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'll check out that boat show as long as there's no dumb supernatural poo poo like The Terror.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

lmao at so many awful theories and people INSISTING that anyone who thinks Walt poisoned Brock is an idiot. (That’s where I’m at now)

Haha yes! I got to be so smug when the truth came out.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Under the Dome, right?

Yes, one of the worst shows of the 10:s.

Click to 1:53 for that glorious cow footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1syIrrwSIh0

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

S02E18 "Bart Gets Hit by a Car"

I'm the roped one

eventually the "I'm so old" memes are going to fade out into "you know, 60 is the new 50 [even though life expectancy is falling for anyone that isn't rich]" water cooler talk

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Jul 12, 2021

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I got excited for a second until I realized the first episode didn't air until 1989.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Bruceski posted:

Leverage: Redemption feels like it's back in the game right from the start. Hits all the beats solid. Wonderful birthday present.

God this is the show I needed back the most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

Yes, one of the worst shows of the 10:s.

Click to 1:53 for that glorious cow footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1syIrrwSIh0

Has Dean Norris ever said "Gomey I'm under a Domey!" or is that just some weird fever dream of mine?