Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Koobes posted:

:toxx:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.

Also there's this. I think there was a toxx for getting this message after necrophobe, but you can't get it after necrophobe because spawned save points dont get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Red Metal posted:

You ever notice how some summons drop items that you have to use before you can summon them? I don't know why that is, but that doesn't mean I can't make a :toxx: out of it!
I pledge $3 for every summon item (Ramuh, Catoblepas, Golem) in your inventory at the end of the game, and an additional $5 per run if you have a Summoner in your party (max $150)

everyone else was too scared to try hard mode so i had to do it myself

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Samuel Clemens posted:

He only hangs out in a small number of locations. Karnak is usually where I go to buy from him, but you can also find him in Crescent and Bal Castle.

Edit: Also, make sure you're in the right building. He stays at the Inn, not the equipment store.

Thanks for the tip; could've sworn he said equipment shops which i interpret as Weapon/Armor shops, but he was hanging out at the Inn in Crescent for me.

Tyty posted:

Cannoneer can Old the almagest part really easily with !combine, and it should about half the almagest damage by the time it gets down to level 1. He -should- just be hanging out at shops, but I remember finding him in the phantom village.

Ok, the Silver Shot made the fight a joke. Thanks!

That's two for this year. Don't think I have another one in me.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Exdeath 0.8.2 released, addressing two bugs and adding more NEDs contributed by Dr Randulf.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

My NED was Flanders.

DalaranJ posted:

Last year, I asked you to commit The Perfect Crime. This year, I need you to Attack and Dethrone God(s).
In any run that does not at any time use the Summoner class, collect all the spells in the Summon menu.
Please show, a screenshot of your party's classes, and one of the filled summon menu.
https://twitter.com/SAMarioMaker/status/1402391976125796354

Black and Blue let me get a lot of other things pretty casually.

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.

I'm sure Omniscient will be glad for the extra company.

I'll need the rear end dagger later.........................

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

Completed: Red Metal, Serene Dragon, Galick, MagusDraco, Modoh, TheWonderTrickster, Vernatio, Doom Goon x2, Spelling Mitsake

If this doesn't count I will run right back up to NED Flanders and shank him ineffectively!

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Run 4: Dancer, Bard, Berserker, Ninja.

Anything interesting?: I made sure to get all the earliest bosses I could while being poisoned (until Poison Axe) this time, without running. That often involved going to North Mountain and stepping on flowers (outside of like Walse Tower which has a poisoning enemy), running to wherever the dungeon was, and beating it. This included going through the Fire Ship and the Karnak run without using the pot/a tent. I didn't just have Berserkers: when I got Bard I did have to grind Equip Axes to get through the rest at a sane level due to the absolute awfulness of Bards in World 1. As far as synergy, not the worst especially late game where I'd kill many of the stopped/confused enemies with dual Man Eater dances and things like that. A lot of glass cannons put together!

Jose Valasquez posted:

Once again I'll be doing a 0 power chicken knife toxx. $10 up to a Max of $250 per run that uses a 0 power Chicken Knife on NED
Please provide a screenshot of the equipment screen and one of the wielder attacking NED

nrook posted:

Legendary Weapon Charity Sale!

In order to raise money for charity, let's all sell the legendary weapons! I'll be donating $0.10 for each of the 12 legendary weapons sold.
All of them again, the dagger wasn't that useful and I couldn't non-cheese Shinryu afaik so the harp was out:

Red Metal posted:

You ever notice how some summons drop items that you have to use before you can summon them? I don't know why that is, but that doesn't mean I can't make a :toxx: out of it!
I pledge $3 for every summon item (Ramuh, Catoblepas, Golem) in your inventory at the end of the game, and an additional $5 per run if you have a Summoner in your party (max $150)

Aerdan posted:

https://twitter.com/aerdan/status/1402644546073288705

Adding a :toxx: for Exdeath's NED replacer feature. The floor's still open for submissions for that, by the way.

Koobes posted:

This is Lenna, Princess of Tycoon. She loves animals, and is one of our 4 party members. She also likes to get poisoned for reasons unknown to even us.

for every boss beaten while Lenna is poisoned, I'll donate $0.10, up to a max of $100. How she gets poisoned is up to you.
I still can't seem to get a non-bugged Neo Exdeath for some reason?

Non-poisoned, I wasn't going to count reflected Atomic Fires and then risk an easy wipe while finagling a Poison Axe:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Red Metal posted:

Well, this last run was a pretty bad one for toxxes but here's this:

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Doom Goon posted:

I still can't seem to get a non-bugged Neo Exdeath for some reason?

Nothing I can do about the graphical glitches, that's the game's graphics engine being buggy.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Here's some fun FFV stuff you'll forget about as soon as you learn it:
The Knight sword Defender can block physical attacks and uses the same check as Sasuke's Katana.
Dance Up also doubles the chance of !Flirt succeeding.
Toad sets evasion for to 0 (used in both magical/status and physical dodging).

Is any of that useful? Nope, but it does exist apparently!

Aerdan posted:

Nothing I can do about the graphical glitches, that's the game's graphics engine being buggy.
Have I just been picking glitchy ones randomly or is something up with the file I'm using? Like the Flanders one looks much better than that one which doesn't line up and has bad data at the bottom of the image.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Doom Goon posted:

Have I just been picking glitchy ones randomly or is something up with the file I'm using? Like the Flanders one looks much better than that one which doesn't line up and has bad data at the bottom of the image.

Nope. That's entirely on the game engine. In order for it to be fixed, someone who actually knows how to program for the GBA would need to look at the code, etc.; I am not such a person.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

Just completed my very first fiesta run, and oh my god I actually managed to defeat both Shinryu and Omega. Awaiting verification, but holy gently caress do I feel good.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Okay, I'm doing the quad-chemist run. I think I'm supposed to journal my adventure according to the toxx.
I'll also be doing the toxx for not using Mix on 2 out of 4 characters, Lenna and Galuf/Krile.

First off, Chemist has a VIT bonus over freelancer so that's cool.

I'll buy up to say, 25 potions here before Carl Boss.
Staves are slightly better than the knife, so I'll be buying two.

Ranked up to 1, Pharmacology. Useless in this run since it's innate to chemist.

Spent 2 potions on Carl,
There is a flail in the ship graveyard.
[Several people are typing]

Then introduced Siren to pharmacology.

Didn't actually spend time farming daggers and did the bulk of the damage with potions leaving me with,

8 used on Siren, 2 on the party

Chemists can wear Medium armor, which I had forgotten so I got everyone Curiasses at Carwen.

So, what do think the hardest boss will be on this run?
My guess is Purobolos

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jul 11, 2021

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
I hadn't realized we were supposed to be journaling our quad job adventure.
In that case, guess I'll start from the top

Not sure what job to quad for the challenge, I decided to leave myself at the mercy of Greg and job fair to whatever the first job I got on a Pure Chaos run.
After having it taken away from me in my earlier Chaos No750 Forbidden run, I got Samurai for my first, and therefore only, job.

Will have more later.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

You don't have to journal your adventure as you go. I'd appreciate a trip report, but as long as you post the victory shot it counts.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Thank you everyone for your instruction earlier in the thread!

https://imgur.com/P40lRWI

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Doom Goon posted:

Here's some fun FFV stuff you'll forget about as soon as you learn it:
The Knight sword Defender can block physical attacks and uses the same check as Sasuke's Katana.
Dance Up also doubles the chance of !Flirt succeeding.
Toad sets evasion for to 0 (used in both magical/status and physical dodging).

Is any of that useful? Nope, but it does exist apparently!

My personal favorite is the way that Minotaur - and only Minotaur - has a line in his AI script to auto-die if you !Throw the Assassin Dagger in his face.

There's no reason to ever do this because the Assassin Dagger is too useful and Ninja has no problems with Minotaur anyway. He only has 20k HP, same as Melusine, and gets chumped by poultry.

Other weird AI things:
  • Bighorns (the ox enemies between Carwen and North Mountain/Ship Graveyard) flee when you use fire-elemental attacks on them. They have 90 HP so you'd only ever see this trying to shove a flame rod up their nose. This is only relevant when their palette swaps in World 3 do the same thing.
  • Using Gold Needles on stone-like enemies instantly kills them. Everyone knows this about Statues/Objet D'Arts, but it works on the headstones in North Mountain and the Pyramid, as well as Adamantite Golems in Meatfort.
  • More strangely, using Gold Needles on Alte Roite (the old men in the void castle basement with Azulmagia and Catastrophe) makes them cast a full-cure on themselves. Apparently Butz gives real good acupuncture? :shrug:
  • Lamias (including the ones in Pyramid) are hard-coded to only use Allure on Bartz and Galuf, the same way things in the Torna Canal are hard-coded to only attack Faris and Lenna.
  • Technically solo-fight Golem gives 5000 EXP, but he's got Escape as both his first action (after a rude poke) and as an on-death Reaction, meaning you'd only be able to make it happen with a bugged Chemist !Mix to bypass his berserk resistance. Also he has 50 Speed so the only way to act before him is with the Masamune, I believe.
  • Cast a spell on a Skull Eater. Do it. It's fun.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jul 12, 2021

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
You can Dualcast Spellsword.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Ive hit a hard roadblock at Exdeath in his castle.

Im at 33 with my Mystic/Blue/Bard/Dragoon team and can hold my own until he farts out Earth Shaker. It hits for ~2500 and wipes my party.

I have no way of putting float on myself, nevermind if it gets dispelled, so do I just eat it or is there gear I can go hunt/grind for, or is it a matter of just grinding out levels to brute force my way through?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Level 2 Old will shut him down hard.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

ultrafilter posted:

Level 2 Old will shut him down hard.

And if you time it right level 5 death will take him out completely after l2 old, but that might not even be necessary

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Plus technically you can get Float by going to Drakenvale and confusing Poison Eagles with Alluring Air (or Dancing Dagger procs if you missed that song), but you shouldn't need it with the L2 Old strat.

Dragoon will also work great as an emergency healer with White Wind since she might dodge some attacks with !Jump. The rare time a job has synergy with Dragoon.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Mega64 posted:

You can Dualcast Spellsword.

TBF this is at least theoretically useful since it lets your mystic knight drop a cura/protect/raise on the same turn that they set up. I can certainly think of worse abilities to equip.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Tallying up the Toxx totals, it looks like Neo Ex-Death Downed Party Members is at $64 out of $100

Meanwhile, the !Gaia toxx is at $32 out of $100.

Because there's less people playing at this time of year, i'm going to be doubling the donation incentives for each challenge. So that means from now it's going to be $4 per person KO'd at NED at $4 per !gaia kill (and $12 if you down Omniscient with !Gaia)

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Is there anything else to do with the Old strat outside of just hitting him with Lvl 2 Old?

I did that, and after a few rounds of combat he shakered me, wiping the party. Albeit the damage spread was closer to ~2100.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Gray Stormy posted:

Is there anything else to do with the Old strat outside of just hitting him with Lvl 2 Old?

I did that, and after a few rounds of combat he shakered me, wiping the party. Albeit the damage spread was closer to ~2100.

Old causes the targets level to decrease over time. If you guess correctly, or count very carefully you can Level 5 death a target under the effects of old. In the case of meatdeath I wait until two blue casters are ready, cast old, and then count to 5 aloud.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

DalaranJ posted:

Level 5 death

Without that Im pretty much boned then? Time to backtrack!

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

I don't think there's actually anywhere you can learn it in world 2, unfortunately.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!

Gray Stormy posted:

Without that Im pretty much boned then? Time to backtrack!

You could try timing Jump so that people are in the air when Earthshaker comes out.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Your best options are to either backtrack to get Float from confusing Poison Eagles in Drakenvale (don't use a Tent or Cottage afterward or you'll lose it, also don't die), or keep trying. The first half of Exdeath's routine has ten different attack cycles before he loops back to the first one, and he only has a 2/3 chance of using Earth Shaker during the fifth attack.

I don't recall it doing that much though, I thought it was like high triple-digits or something.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I am not sure how he's getting to his 5th attack of his first rotation when you have Blue Mage. Aeroga spam should level him before that.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Yeah the absolute highest an Earth Shaker from W2 Exdeath can do is 540 damage. That's trivial for a party with Blue Mage unless your levels are in like... the single digits to low teens.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Blue Mage lets you do anything you want to whatever you want without consequences.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Arrrthritis posted:

Tallying up the Toxx totals, it looks like Neo Ex-Death Downed Party Members is at $64 out of $100

Meanwhile, the !Gaia toxx is at $32 out of $100.

Because there's less people playing at this time of year, i'm going to be doubling the donation incentives for each challenge. So that means from now it's going to be $4 per person KO'd at NED at $4 per !gaia kill (and $12 if you down Omniscient with !Gaia)

Well if you insist

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Koobes posted:

We've hit $23.20 thanks to your efforts, and in the spirit of making sure we give as much as possible, going to be quadrupling the amount from here on out, bringing it to $.4 for each poisoned Lenna for the remainder of the fiesta.

Gray Stormy
Dec 19, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

Yeah the absolute highest an Earth Shaker from W2 Exdeath can do is 540 damage. That's trivial for a party with Blue Mage unless your levels are in like... the single digits to low teens.

Whats bizarre is that I read this reply, loaded my save before the fight, and he dealt the damage you said he should.

So I loaded it back up, dumped Lv.2 Old on him, he Shakered, and it hit me for way bigger damage.

No idea what would cause the bump in damage.

I *did* wind up getting the kill though.

Opened with Lv.2 Old, then used Drain sword/white wind for healing with Aero 3 for damage. He never used Shaker and I was able to power through his first phase without issue.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Seems like some kind of weird glitch, then. It always feels like some new obscure glitch gets discovered during the fiesta.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

My personal favorite is the way that Minotaur - and only Minotaur - has a line in his AI script to auto-die if you !Throw the Assassin Dagger in his face.

There's no reason to ever do this because the Assassin Dagger is too useful and Ninja has no problems with Minotaur anyway. He only has 20k HP, same as Melusine, and gets chumped by poultry.

This sounds like something someone should set up as a toxx for next year.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Gray Stormy posted:

Whats bizarre is that I read this reply, loaded my save before the fight, and he dealt the damage you said he should.

So I loaded it back up, dumped Lv.2 Old on him, he Shakered, and it hit me for way bigger damage.

No idea what would cause the bump in damage.

I *did* wind up getting the kill though.

Opened with Lv.2 Old, then used Drain sword/white wind for healing with Aero 3 for damage. He never used Shaker and I was able to power through his first phase without issue.

Are you using any other patches besides the translation? If so, do you happen to have a save file/save state from before this fight? I'm curious to figure out how this happened.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

I really wonder why Shinryu doesn't get a boss death animation...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Princey
Mar 22, 2013

oldskool posted:

:toxx: $15 each for the first ten people to show me Level 15/20 wipes in the Library of the Ancients.

I remembered a toxx like this last year so I took screenshots when this happened to me earlier: