Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Billy Gnosis posted:

Something special to spend a page on a character who doesn't appear in this comic fellating another character who won't appear in this comic.

If you think Mookie Prime wont appear in this comic then just lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I'm not sure he will just because he is not building to anything. A good writer would actually have an outline or plot points they are building towards.

Like I think there is still good odds he will abandon this comic before anything happens.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

If you think Mookie Prime wont appear in this comic then just lol.

It's more a question of how long until we get there.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
My first thought after reading this page was that Mookie was using the Super Special Archive for Snout Eyes Only as a way to railroad us into explaining the legacy and ending the comic with a big wet fart, but I don't think Mookie is capable of something that disappointing.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Billy Gnosis posted:

Like I think there is still good odds he will abandon this comic before anything happens.
Mookie had the tenacity to keep his original comic going for years after all the fansites went rogue and I would not be surprised for him to keep his new comic going on its current trajectory for a decade. Although I'm not sure about the odds of anything happening.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
With very little in the way of divergence or exceptions the only audience Mookie considers, has ever considered, and probably will ever consider is himself. I know I said it before in this thread, but Mookie's comics are the 'artistic' equivalent of masturbation; he's not really considering anyone's satisfaction save his own. I strongly suspect that if Mookie ever stops making this comic before it's 'end' it will be because he got some kind of new job that demands nearly all of his free time, or because he got seriously ill/injured or - and God forbid and all that because he's a dork and an idiot with some issues but I don't wish harm on him or his family - something bad happened to his family and he had to spend more time caring for them and/or got in a funk.
But barring a new job or Mookie suffering physical or emotional trauma, I cannot imagine him stopping this 'story' until it is 'done'. Considering this is a non-story even by his standards, I have no idea what that would even look like, but I'm excited to find out!

EDIT: Like you might say Mookie could lose interest and stop doing the story, and that wouldn't negate my thesis about his primary audience being himself, but like the thing is that's clearly already happened a few times in this comic. All that seems to happen when Mookie loses interest is that the 'story' of this 'narrative' completely shifts to whatever his new interest is. Mookie isn't going to suddenly stop doing this comic and start a new, he'll just radically transform this comic to fit his latest passing interest.

RoboChrist 9000 fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jul 12, 2021

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Billy Gnosis posted:

Mookie has a very "good people are good" "bad people are bad" world view in all of his work not just original dd

Wasn't the Big Bad Unknowable Horror at the end of the original DD basically killed by a bad-guy/shades-of-grey character in what would in any other story be essentially a redemptive self-sacrifice and then from the panel after he dies to the end nothing is mentioned of him again? Or am I grossly misremembering?

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Breetai posted:

Wasn't the Big Bad Unknowable Horror at the end of the original DD basically killed by a bad-guy/shades-of-grey character in what would in any other story be essentially a redemptive self-sacrifice and then from the panel after he dies to the end nothing is mentioned of him again? Or am I grossly misremembering?
We're up to the point in the comic recap where that character is currently working against the ultimate horror behind the scenes and it's utterly ridiculous how many times he keeps popping up to say how increasingly dire things have got while Dominic continues to fart around with trivial bullshit.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

super sweet best pal posted:

It's more a question of how long until we get there.

No no no, the real question is whether Dominic's inevitable appearance in Legacy will be to appear in Snout's dreams in full frontal.

A Dominic Dongan, if you will.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

amigolupus posted:

Dominic Dongan.

Dongminic Peegan

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Breetai posted:

No, that's exactly what happens.

Did anyone notice there's a new blog post? It's mostly pleasantries, but the following stands out:

Mookie posted:

"[...] I’m not done yet. In fact, I feel like The Legacy is only really just getting started! The last two years have been focused on establishing Snout as a new protagonist, and dropping hints about the way the world has changed since the Oracle for Hire years. Now that you’re all more familiar with Snout, the Ink Witch, and Arudak, I feel like it’s time to really get into the mystery of Dominic’s legacy. I’m excited to show you what Snout has yet to discover."

Reading this, I feel like I'm watching some lovely fantasy adventure show and they just finished beating a tough monster, then the camera pans back and reveals it was the baby one and its mother is here to kick the poo poo out of them.

What bullshit is "establishing Snout." As FuegoFish said about a different lovely comic, if you don't mention anything that has happened in the comic, his physical appearance, or that he is deaf, you can't say poo poo about Snout.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 13, 2021

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean they've established that Snout sucks and I want to punch his stupid face, doesn't strike me as the best use of the strip's time but hey.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Listen it takes a lot of time to establish just how boring and pointless snout is

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
The stupid thing about this is that there's no reason that anything Snout is learning here should be particularly unique or interesting when he's already living with two Dominic-focused scholars. Like, sure, this book is considered rare, but certainly Arudak could have gotten some time with it in the past if he wanted? So much of this information you can only logically assume Ink Witch and Arudak already know, which makes Snout's meandering discovery of it sort of pointless. Why didn't they just tell him this poo poo, if attaining this info is as simple as going to the library?

Or it seriously supposed to be like the waitlist is so long that an established academic isn't allowed to read it but any mongrelman that wanders in is? If so, what an idiotic system.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Oh, or it could be explained that the book is enchanted so that it appears to be gibberish to everyone except the people that it’s author intended it for, and Snout is one of them because ???

Though that would imply some intrigue about why someone would write an entire magically cryptogrammed book, especially when it doesn’t even appear to be anything special about the actual revealed content aside from posthumously sucking Dominic off one more time.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Just caught up with the thread, if I'm enjoying this comic do y'all have any recommendations?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Just caught up with the thread, if I'm enjoying this comic do y'all have any recommendations?

:catstare:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

if I'm enjoying this comic

what

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Forming

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

If you enjoy the Deeganverse, you'll love Goblins - https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/06262005

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

all of us are posting in this thread because we enjoy deegan

i will never stop enjoying deegan

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Invisible Clergy posted:

What bullshit is "establishing Snout." As FuegoFish said about a different lovely comic, if you don't mention anything that has happened in the comic, his physical appearance, or that he is deaf, you can't say poo poo about Snout.

snout is kind and caring, except when nobody is paying attention to him or when his terminally ill friend's doctor is rude to him, then he's too mopey to feel any empathy for other people

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Also he's curious, but only if it's about Dominic Deegan, otherwise he will spend most of his life as a hermit for no real reason

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

It should not take literal years of a comic to establish your protagonist's personality.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

It's pretty funny that mookie thinks that snout has only become the protagonist now that he has become the subject of a Deegan prophecy. No-one's allowed to take the leading role unless Dominic deems them worthy.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

Wait is this a bad comic I'm a few pages in and this is great so far

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Something I realized today, in the exact opposite of how I feel during DD:

If in legacy, he all of a sudden introduces Jocks who dump Snout's books at the library and slam him into his setting's equivalent of a high school locker, I'd love it. Like I would suddenly gain appreciation for the comic.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I am holding out hope that this new orc society has sports teams and, therefore, jocks

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

No way, they have no jocks, they are all about BOOKS

Their library is the centerpiece of their city because they just love loving BOOKS so much

Dry history and bad poetry are their favorite BOOKS. Well ok that's just because they don't have any other BOOKS

BOOKS

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

FlocksOfMice posted:

Wait is this a bad comic I'm a few pages in and this is great so far
I scrolled down and randomly clicked on a page and I'm not sure what's going on here but it's more than everything that's happened in Legacy of Dominic Deegan so far:

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

SubG posted:

I scrolled down and randomly clicked on a page and I'm not sure what's going on here but it's more than everything that's happened in Legacy of Dominic Deegan so far:

oh my god

gently caress yes

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

http://www.likpa.com/index.php?lang=en&e=f&c=1

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/1#content-start

Captain Kosmos
Mar 28, 2010

think of it like the "Who's Who" of genitals

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

I think you will enjoy this also
:nws: https://www.moonoverjune.slipshine.net/

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009

SubG posted:

I'm a bit in and so far it's been a hodgepodge of every creation myth where Adam and Eve are in a weird relationship with hermaphroditic space clone assassins, meanwhile the greek pantheon is being formed by Mithras loving around on earth and having sex with Gaia, whose secret boyfriend is Noah who is trying to reach enlightenment and there's a gnome king causing problems behind the scenes.

The artist was apparently one of the main staff of adventure time and it shows, this comic is weird and it loving rules and im glad to have been introduced to it

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Here you go, enjoy

https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1415102219553329153?s=19

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Thanks but I think I will pass

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Hmm...

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Oh good, the evil punch skullet guy is trans, I guess? I can’t tell if that means he’s not gonna be evil any more or if we’re gonna get some real lovely stuff, I don’t see much middle ground with Mookie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I think it's just someone else.