Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orv
May 4, 2011
All I'll say is you're really overestimating how bad the gear people like Cage Kicker are getting on their scav is and how much effort they have to put into keeping positive karma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I think it's 0.01 for pmc kills on your scav

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think ive seen maybe 2 pmcs on my scav runs cos 90% of them have spawned in w 15 mins left on the raid lol

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.

Orv posted:

All I'll say is you're really overestimating how bad the gear people like Cage Kicker are getting on their scav is and how much effort they have to put into keeping positive karma.

I don't think I'm overestimating anything here. We're in a beta game where they just introduced a new system which is going to be finetuned and I'm just using the developer's vision of what they want to interpret how that system is going to change in the future.

So yes, right now they don't have to put in the effort apparently. But we'll see in the future.

Orv
May 4, 2011

rap music posted:

I think it's 0.01 for pmc kills on your scav

It is yeah and it looks like they have made some other values tweaks that'll make it harder for people to kill other player scavs and stay positive.

Which to be clear is a good thing, I much prefer the cool experiences you can have if a bunch of player scavs team up and are chill.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

learn from my mistake, i thought killing two boss goons would be worth the 0.04 hit for their gear, turns out it was a 0.5 hit

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.
Onepeg's issue also seems to be that he had max scav rank and some datacrawlers found out that the code it calls when you kill an AI scav (if it's a boss/guard) also checks your fence rep and does some magic there to massively penalize you when it's high. Somehow raiders were marked as a boss guard in a scavraid he was in so he got even more rep loss when he wacked some raiders.

Which makes sense right? It's not like you can be BFFs with all the scavs with your max rep as a mini scav boss, you slaughter a bunch of scav bosses and Fence just laughs it off as if it's nothing. You just killed his buddy Shturman and his guards: he's not going to trust you after that poo poo.

Commissar Kip fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jul 12, 2021

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I think the current system definitely needs some tweaking, but it's overall quite nice so far. it just doesn't make any sense that killing a pmc is worth so little when it's generally gonna be very very tough to do. even if you're a tarkov god, good luck killing a player when you have 10 mins left in the raid. that lone pmc still in customs is probably long gone before you get the chance to hunt them.

is it possible scav karma affects the time you spawn in as a pscav? that'd be a pretty cool bonus. bad scavs usually spawn in the last little bit, while high rep good scavs get nearly the whole raid to run around.

tbh there should be a small bit of rep gain - maybe 0.01 - for just getting out of the raid without doing anything negative. at least those boring quick loot runs wouldn't feel so unproductive.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Hooplah posted:

is it possible scav karma affects the time you spawn in as a pscav? that'd be a pretty cool bonus. bad scavs usually spawn in the last little bit, while high rep good scavs get nearly the whole raid to run around.

this but do the opposite please.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

anyone know if the customs and woods car exfils are separate sources of karma

Orv
May 4, 2011

rap music posted:

anyone know if the customs and woods car exfils are separate sources of karma

Each map has a separate cap, yeah, so you can get essentially 5 extracts from each map before the karma gain bottoms out.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Orv posted:

Each map has a separate cap, yeah, so you can get essentially 5 extracts from each map before the karma gain bottoms out.

yeah just tested it after posting, also found out you get the rep on a run through so you can just beeline for v-ex

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Stux posted:

this but do the opposite please.

do you think it's unambiguously good to get in at the end of the raid? I'm not totally sure, but i think if as a good scav you can be more confident of your kit, you might prefer going toe to toe with pmcs. i see your side too though

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I like getting in close to the end because if I'm running my scav I'm just looking to grab some table scraps and get out again.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Hooplah posted:

do you think it's unambiguously good to get in at the end of the raid? I'm not totally sure, but i think if as a good scav you can be more confident of your kit, you might prefer going toe to toe with pmcs. i see your side too though

no conflict on my scav :pray:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I like getting in close to the end because if I'm running my scav I'm just looking to grab some table scraps and get out again.

Closer to the end is nice for roubles/gear, because you can hit up the corpses at the hotspots for stuff.

Plus it means you can go check ground stashes with little fear, I got a hexgrid as a pleasant surprise that way a couple nights ago.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

I got into Reserve with my scav with 40 minutes left 2 times. It's scary, don't need it at all.
Spawning in with 15 minutes left is perfect for me, depending on the distance to extract of course. Chances of meeting a PMC are low so I can just concentrate on looting in peace.

I don't even know how to differentiate between player scavs and PMCs half of the time when they are not directly in my face and I'm certainly not confident I could kill a PMC as a scav if I don't catch them looting or something.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Gained about a full point in karma today and the difference is HUGE

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

rap music posted:

The system has such amazing potential. I hope they hit the sweet spot for it.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

I still seem to lose karma even when I kill a pscav that shot me first, really don't get it

I just won't shoot at all gently caress it

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

rap music posted:

how'd you do it? mostly v-ex or what?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Hooplah posted:

how'd you do it? mostly v-ex or what?

yep

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Spawned in with 44 minutes left on reserve as a player scav yesterday, just hid in a bush and ate lunch for 20 minutes while everyone cleared out. Walked out with 600k still because people are too stupid to look on the shelves in black bishop.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

A pscav scared me and I found out killing is a 0.05 hit now

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

dipped my toes into scavving on reserve instead of my usual customs :yum:

the promise of tasty raider bodies will keep me coming back, i just grabbed a modded rpk + drum mag and 2x60 rounders, and an 8-round mp-155 off a body surrounded by like 8 scav buds

rap music posted:

A pscav scared me and I found out killing is a 0.05 hit now

good! glad to see they're tweaking things

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Hooplah posted:

dipped my toes into scavving on reserve instead of my usual customs :yum:

the promise of tasty raider bodies will keep me coming back, i just grabbed a modded rpk + drum mag and 2x60 rounders, and an 8-round mp-155 off a body surrounded by like 8 scav buds

good! glad to see they're tweaking things

i'm just getting started on reserve too, it scares me :ohdear:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

rap music posted:

i'm just getting started on reserve too, it scares me :ohdear:

it's a scary map. the scav run before that i was happily looting away in the north pawn building. i hadn't seen nor heard a single player anywhere near me. loading up a clip in one of the small side rooms, i hear a grenade hit the ground next to me, and i'm dead before i can even close my inventory

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

I'll admit I haven't even once played Reserve on my PMC.

Running it a bunch on my scav made me more confident in actually being able to navigate it but the whole premise of the map scares me.
Lots of heavily geared players thirsty for high-end loot or fights, Raiders and Glukhar can and will gently caress you up, super scary underground section with well known camping spots and to top it all off there is the constant thread of being watched by a sniper.

:stare:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

i just wanna do some quests so i'll probably use the tried and true method of AFKing in a bush for 20 minutes

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
I like the lvl 20 flea market change but my stash is so loving full. I'm not sure how you would get the lvl 2 stash efficiently without the inflated prices of items. don't want to have to sell 250 condensed milk.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Incoming Chinchilla posted:

I like the lvl 20 flea market change but my stash is so loving full. I'm not sure how you would get the lvl 2 stash efficiently without the inflated prices of items. don't want to have to sell 250 condensed milk.

I have an azimut full of sugar cubes and tushonkas, this is getting ridiculous

but really it's not tough to make roubles, i made about a million yesterday/sunday without the flea. really wanna sell all these sugar cubes though

Fancy_Lad
May 15, 2003
Would you like to buy a monkey?
The changes to mission rep gain is loving brutal unless you have the pay to win edition. Almost level 14 and close to Therapist, but I'm nowhere near Prapor and Skier ain't happening unless the RNG gods smile on me and give me a USB drive at some point.

I may get Jager ll2 before the wipe is over. Maybe. That's going to grind the hideout progression to a stop really soon.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Just Scavved into Reserve at the 41:30 mark and am currently hiding in a corner while two (three?) weirdos off in the distance take turns tapping out "shave and a haircut, two bits" with rifle fire.

This game, man

Orv
May 4, 2011
bait.jpg

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Orv posted:

bait.jpg

it's probably Landmark or his discount bin equivalent.

Gonna hide like it's my job. I'd rather starve.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

I've heard people tapping off recognizable stuff like that to let people know they're in the friendly scav/PMC extract and want someone else to join them to get out for the goodies, but that early yeah it's just people being that special brand of Tarkov weird.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

coop extracts also give a nice chunk of karma without diminishing returns

what shotgun setup just one shot blasted me through my T5 armor

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

rap music posted:

coop extracts also give a nice chunk of karma without diminishing returns

what shotgun setup just one shot blasted me through my T5 armor

Probably a slug like AP 20 or the Poleva

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Franks Happy Place posted:

Just Scavved into Reserve at the 41:30 mark and am currently hiding in a corner while two (three?) weirdos off in the distance take turns tapping out "shave and a haircut, two bits" with rifle fire.

This game, man

People have been doing this to signal "friendly scav in Scav/PMC exit" since the pre-wipe event FWIW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Cage Kicker posted:

People have been doing this to signal "friendly scav in Scav/PMC exit" since the pre-wipe event FWIW

I guess he was rushing it for karma?