Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Carl Weathers should win for the Mandelorian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Vintersorg posted:

Olyphant should get it because he is loving amazing and got royally hosed when Netflix cancelled Santa Clarita Diet.

We need a spinoff with Olyphant's character and just make it Deadwood in Space.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

...posted stuff, deleted....

wrong thread

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Why are so many people under the impression that you have to watch every MCU movie to understand them?

I feel like with a few notable exceptions (generally around Avengers movies), you can just watch an individual series within the MCU and understand the films.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Deadpool has entered the MCU.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7q60i_Lh_E

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Spacebump posted:

Why are so many people under the impression that you have to watch every MCU movie to understand them?

I feel like with a few notable exceptions (generally around Avengers movies), you can just watch an individual series within the MCU and understand the films.

You have to watch every movie, show, trailer, webisode, companion podcast, third party blog, forum posts, youtube recaps, wiki articles, clickbait slideshows, and ham radio broadcasts, and then just maybe you'll have seen half of the easter eggs the writers insert that indicate the overall plot arch.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Deadpool is behind the TVA! He got stuck at the end of time thanks to his time traveling shenanigans. :v:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I mostly just watch the trailers. They're shorter, but they're just as nourishing. Cheaper too.

Irn-Bru
May 24, 2001

Orange. Carbonated. Ambrosia.

Desperado Bones posted:

Deadpool is behind the TVA! He got stuck at the end of time thanks to his time traveling shenanigans. :v:

It wouldn't be completely out of Liefeld... :rimshot:

Seriously though, that is is genuinely who my sister hopes is in the castle due to her Reynolds obsession. Personally hoping for DOOM, but expect a variant of some existing character.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

As much as I want more Tara Strong, I've come around to pretty sure that it's gonna be Another Loki as He Who Remains or something.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I hope it’s Alucard Tepes or….

….uhhhh….

….Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man?

Gonz fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 14, 2021

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dr strange makes sense ?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Dr. Strange inviting Loki and Sylvie to the Illuminati.

I just really really want Hickman's Avengers run to be adapted.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Weren't Loki and WandaVision supposed to come out a few months before the Multiverse of Madness? It could be Dormamu in some form.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
I hope it's me.

I'd never see it coming.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think there is too much MCU to be honest

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
You don't have to watch it all.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

It's gonna be Luke Skywalker

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

euphronius posted:

I think there is too much MCU to be honest

Well you're in luck, after Loki they promised to knock it off with the MCU, honest, cross their hearts.

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Irn-Bru posted:

Seriously though, that is is genuinely who my sister hopes is in the castle due to her Reynolds obsession. Personally hoping for DOOM, but expect a variant of some existing character.

I didn’t want Deadpool to be in the castle before but now my heart is set on it.

Also “Canadian Cumberbatch” has been on my mind all day, what a perfect encapsulation of Ryan Reynolds

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

I hope it’s Alucard Tepes or….

….uhhhh….

….Martin Sheen as the Illusive Man?

Since I’m playing ME2 right now I would love this. Waking up super early to watch this episode tomorrow before work.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Lol at wandvision getting nominated in the same category as queens gambit.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Open Source Idiom posted:

I mostly just watch the trailers. They're shorter, but they're just as nourishing. Cheaper too.
Yes, yes, we all think you're very smart and clever and special for not liking a thing we do.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've been silently watching Loki from the shadows because I got too into the theorizing for WandaVision (and haven't finished FaTWS, don't really care to) but I've loved the series. Loki's never really appealed to me as a character but this series has changed that. Keeping my villain expectations low for the finale.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

LividLiquid posted:

Yes, yes, we all think you're very smart and clever and special for not liking a thing we do.

I obviously watch the shows, wtf. I don't like them as much as you guys do - I find them frustrating - but they're largely entertaining. Knock it off with the gatekeeping bullshit.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jul 14, 2021

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

FogHelmut posted:

You have to watch every movie, show, trailer, webisode, companion podcast, third party blog, forum posts, youtube recaps, wiki articles, clickbait slideshows, and ham radio broadcasts, and then just maybe you'll have seen half of the easter eggs the writers insert that indicate the overall plot arch.

Add art book quips, audio dramas, stage plays and tie in card game descriptions and you are describing the drakengard / nier franchise

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Irn-Bru posted:

I seriously can't imagine people's reaction if something like that happened , it would be just too random and 100% out of the blue :lol:

radlum
May 13, 2013

LionArcher posted:

Lol at wandvision getting nominated in the same category as queens gambit.

I liked WandaVision a lot, but I can't imagine it beating Underground Railroad or I May Destroy You in any category.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Shneak posted:

I've been silently watching Loki from the shadows because I got too into the theorizing for WandaVision (and haven't finished FaTWS, don't really care to) but I've loved the series. Loki's never really appealed to me as a character but this series has changed that. Keeping my villain expectations low for the finale.

What? After the astronomically crazy twist ending of FatWS, nothing is off the board for Loki!

Just kidding, they went with the most boring route possible for both previous shows that it almost has to be another Loki.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
If I had been in the writer's room, I would have totally pitched the end villain being Doom because he's been loving with time over and over to save his one true love, Sue Storm, from dying in that damned Reed Richards' rocket test in the 70's. Then they would scream at me to go get their coffee and lunches.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Marsupial Ape posted:

If I had been in the writer's room, I would have totally pitched the end villain being Doom because he's been loving with time over and over to save his one true love, Sue Storm, from dying in that damned Reed Richards' rocket test in the 70's. Then they would scream at me to go get their coffee and lunches.

It's honestly a better pitch than the ending of wandavision.

(It's only a bad pitch because they won't introduce those characters on a TV show probably).

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The biggest twist you can expect is Miss Minutes. They're not gonna do anything crazier than that because they haven't set anything else up at all.

Maybe it's, like, The Collector and the Void is just a big collection or some poo poo.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

mutata posted:

The biggest twist you can expect is Miss Minutes. They're not gonna do anything crazier than that because they haven't set anything else up at all.

Maybe it's, like, The Collector and the Void is just a big collection or some poo poo.

If we're going this route, they should totally use Grandmaster/ Jeff loving Goldblum again :colbert:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Out of all the characters introduced, Gator Loki being the big bad and explaining his plan in untranslated gator language would be the best outcome.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Its Deadpool

Last time we saw the Thanoscopter was when Deadpool stole the infinity gauntlet from Thanos and while the stones might not be helpful, he also had the Cosmic Cube

Nerdwiki posted:

The Cosmic Cube is an item that can control matter and energy, answering to the will of the sentient beings that use them. They require practice to be used properly, but a skillful user can alter all reality to answer to its thoughts, granting anything they desire

Sounds like it could be used to form the TVA

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

No way would Deadpool have the patience or tolerance to create a big ol bureaucracy like the TVA. I mean, I'd buy that he'd do it but not that he'd immediately realize what he built needed to go down and immediately go ruining it himself. I'd still laugh if it was him though.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Hawkperson posted:

No way would Deadpool have the patience or tolerance to create a big ol bureaucracy like the TVA. I mean, I'd buy that he'd do it but not that he'd immediately realize what he built needed to go down and immediately go ruining it himself. I'd still laugh if it was him though.

He is just chilling in the spooky castle with Kang watching an eternal marathon of the Golden Girls.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015
It's old man Hulk, manipulating the TVA into bringing all the Lokis to him at the end of time, where he can amuse himself by repeatedly thrashing all of them.

Puny gods. Stupid stairs.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Ok. New episode has just release. Fair warning to everybody that hates spoilers.

I have my popcorn and bourbon. Let’s see if this pays off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

DO NOT READ:

:siren: OH gently caress, MAJORS :siren: